• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Remarkable Progress of Renewable Energy

It has taken along time but finally a major energy retailer in Australia admits that renewables are not cheaper, now or in the future
Solar energy is not cheaper

I have saying this for a long time to anyone who will listen but always told "but it is cheaper". We are paying an awful lot to go green and it will not get any cheaper.

The then Labour opposition promised in 2022 that electricity prices would be $275cheaper for households by 2025 if they won the election. We eagerly wait the reduction in electricity costs.

Solar doesn't have to be cheaper. Fuck cheaper. It needs to be zero carbon, generally sustainable, and generally provide energy on demand.

I'm sorry Debbie, my daughter. We aimed at saving the planet from mankind caused climate change, but it was going to cost us a little extra money.

Solar doesn't have to be cheaper. Fuck cheaper. It needs to be zero carbon, generally sustainable, and generally provide energy on demand.
Until they abolish nightime, that description only fits one generation technology, and it ain't solar. ;)
I'm sorry Debbie, my daughter. We aimed at saving the planet from mankind caused climate change, but it was going to cost us a little extra money.
IMG_1369.jpeg

If renewables (not just solar. Whilst the article does not directly mention wing much the same pricing constraints apply) cost too much then it will affect industry, commerce, households etc.
Already in Aust. we have what is called energy stress as people are having to choose between power, food, housing costs etc.

Sabine Hossenfelder discusses the phase-out of nuclear power in Germany.

An expert report told Parliament that "extending the life of nuclear plants is compatible with safety requirements." Or rather it WOULD have told them that except that some bureaucrat apparently inserted a "NOT" before the word "compatible"! (But Ms. Hossenfelder notes that other mistakes may have doomed the nuclear extension anyway.)

Back
Top Bottom