• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Remarkable Progress of Renewable Energy

They are warning people with EVs that were flooded by tidal surge to not start them without expert help. Salt water is bad for EVs.

Constellation Energy, will be restarting Three Mile Island Unit 1 reactor to sell the power to Microsoft for, what else, power hungry AI data centers. They expect to be on line by 2028 if all goes well with the NRC.

Palisades nuclear plant in Michigan, shut down in 2022 hopes to restart the in the fourth quarter of 2025.
“We’ve been using all of the tools in our tool belt to support the nuclear energy sector, keep reactors online, and to bring them back, and to finance advanced reactor deployment as well,” David Turk, deputy secretary at the Department of Energy
Well that's something. I don't know what thing, but something.

They are warning people with EVs that were flooded by tidal surge to not start them without expert help. Salt water is bad for EVs.
Salt water is bad for vehicles, period.
Yeah, but it would usually just kill a gasoline engine. An EV has the potential to dump the battery energy through some sort of corrosion from the salt.

Last British coal fired plant closed

Now we can begin to see what a non-coal electrical future looks like.
Wouldn't India and China need to stop burning it... as well as the US, Japan, and Australia... and all the other countries?
The British can be the guinea pig as to how a 1st world economy can, or cannot, cope by reducing generation of electricity using hydrocarbons. I for one will be watching closely.
The French already did it. Forty years ago.

The British aren't even trying very hard; Mostly they have switched from coal to gas.

Last time I checked, methane is still a hydrocarbon. (Coal is not - it's mostly carbon, and any hydrocarbons present are an unwanted impurity).

Back
Top Bottom