• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Right Wing noise machine

Fox is following the money. Republicans want to stay in power. A democracy if we can keep it and appears we can't. We have to do the hard part now, the patriotic thing. I would say they have to do the hard part but we force change.
MSNBC and Democrats would fare no better were they in the same position. We should never assume our side are the better angels. Hell, MSNBC is probably just as bad as Fox. They latched onto Trump for viewership in 2016 and never let go. Are the exaggerations and where they choose to place emphasis any better or worse from one to the other? That's for you to judge. What I've found on both sides is there is usually a modicum of truth that is then manipulated to their ends. And while I think one has more truth on its side, the motivation of both is to pander to their group. And they both blur the lines between news and opinion.
I would say it gets better as you look down the age demographic, fewer and fewer watch cable news but what have they turned to?
Some states have or will soon have classes in media literacy. How much leeway educators will have in structuring and delivering proper and complete content is another matter to look at.

What I've found on both sides is there is usually a modicum of truth that is then manipulated to their ends. And while I think one has more truth on its side, the motivation of both is to pander to their group. And they both blur the lines between news and opinion.
"It wasn't really a lie. It was an incremental accumulation of half truths." - Goldie Hawn

It isn't. They cover real news for about 10% of their broadcast time. The rest is angry white people.

I’m curious. Why would the attack be against “right wing” news (like Fox News) when we should all be able to see that the left wing news (meaning almost all mainstream “news” sources) is generally just the apparatchik for the more “liberal”/Democrat components of our society?

I’m curious. Why would the attack be against “right wing” news (like Fox News) when we should all be able to see that the left wing news (meaning almost all mainstream “news” sources) is generally just the apparatchik for the more “liberal”/Democrat components of our society?
So called left wing sources don’t try to sell conspiracy theories or invisible stolen elections. But people like that shit, so … faux news & followers.

Because right wing news sources lie. Rather a lot. That cost
Faux Noise a rather hefty sum when sued by Dominion. $787 millions.
Smartmatic suits is still ongoing. Then Faux has been riding the Biden
is corrupt for months. Now that the witness that the GOP was relying
on was busted for perjury, the wind is out of that sail. And on and on
and on. Anti-vax BS. Predicting bad economics under Biden when
instead, the U.S. now enjoys the greatest GDP growth of all industrialized
Western nations. And record employment.

Why do you listen to right wing BS peddlers like faux Noise?

Based on ratings liberals don't watch cable news nearly as much, so no.

Out of an endless supply of curiosity, I’m wondering if I am correct in concluding that the majority of posting members here would qualify as “liberal” on a political spectrum?

(Full disclosure. I am not “liberal” as that term is usually understood these days.)

Out of an endless supply of curiosity, I’m wondering if I am correct in concluding that the majority of posting members here would qualify as “liberal” on a political spectrum?

(Full disclosure. I am not “liberal” as that term is usually understood these days.)
By some standards.
I'm not. I don't think.
Do you think I qualify as a "liberal"?

How about we just talk about the issues and what you think about them, and not try to classify people into "us v them"?
Tom

Didn't lpetrich do a scatter plot of IIDb's political compass? Maybe that was a previous incarnation of the board. Maybe we should do another poll like that and sticky it in Politics.

By some standards.
I'm not. I don't think.
Do you think I qualify as a "liberal"?

How about we just talk about the issues and what you think about them, and not try to classify people into "us v them"?
Tom
I have no idea whether you would qualify as a liberal or not. And I’m happy to discuss the issues. But that doesn’t mean that classification doesn’t have some value.

Plus, I’m brand spankin’ new here. Just looking to get the lay of the land.

I'm a solid libertarian. Most of the others here are generally anarocaptialistic neo liberal conservatives.

I am certainly not a Liberal. I am a long way to the left of the Liberals, who are the right-wing mainstream party in these parts.

Is someone making an argument that Fox is an actual news channel? They can make all the noise they want. The noise doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the lies they broadcast. Isn't that why they just paid out big time and Tucks lost his job? Those things do happen on the left, Dan Rather comes to mind. Bias is inescapable but what are the facts? Is a story fake news or is it a news fake? Fox and it's offspring do a lot of news fake. They peddle victimhood clear and simple and make a lot of money doing it. I may catch a newscast every couple months. Typically I may listen to the first few minutes to get information, everything afterwards is just opinion and bullshit that some people for some reason find entertaining and emotionally engaging. Bless their hearts.

Back
Top Bottom