• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Rise of Christian Nationalism

Fucity fuck fuck fuckity fuck. I feel much better now.
I'm going to be up quite a bit tonight, trying to figure out how to pronounce fucity. Fu as in Foo? Fuss?
Foosity? A pause, Foo-city?

Saying fuck for the sake of sating ftuck is let me think....choldish?
Well it's an intensity MODIFIER. If you're using it to amplify the information content of your fucking expression, it's just words and their usage. If you're tossing it out for the purpose OF intensity, that's childish., sure.
A kid cn lern parents respnd when they say a word like fuck without knowing meaning. They just get off at upsetting parenr-ts.
Well, when my kid called the other driver a sockfucking bastard, he was just showing that he had been paying attention to my driving. Trying to make it a bonding experience, not to needle me. We didn't make a big deal about it and he didn't use the word again. Until he was in boot camp. Found it quite useful to know more profanity than the other fuckers.

Despite the fun we've had with the derail, I didn't want to lose any of my 10 free gifted articles from WaPo, so I'm going to post a link that gives more evidence of the extremist White Christian Nationalists. This one claims he's not one of them but if it walks like a duck......

Wielding a microphone as he paced the stage, his wife Tai at his side, Locke called out “spirits” of anger, rage, bitterness, lust and envy.
“Spirit of molestation, spirit of abuse, get out right now!” Locke commanded.
“Every spirit of homosexuality, lesbianism, come out, come out,” his wife ordered. “Transgenderism, gender dysphoria, come out.”
“We rebuke it, we rebuke it!” Locke yelled.
Story continues below advertisement

The tent slowly took on a spirit of its own. Worshipers began writhing as if in pain, others waved their hands in the air in benediction. “Amens” began to mix with the guttural sound of growling, moaning and praying in tongues.

“If you’ve had the covid-19 shot, I’m telling you you’ve got poison in your veins,” Locke thundered. “We call out the covid-19 vaccine out right now. Keep that demonic spirit out of you right now in the name of Jesus!”
But to his critics, he is spreading a dangerous message of hate that is taking root in some conservative churches. His rising prominence also comes as many mainstream faith leaders and experts on extremism grow increasingly concerned about the spread of White Christian nationalism, the belief that patriotism and love of America are explicitly intertwined with White evangelical Christianity.
Locke is an “ambassador” of a movement where he and other pastors around the country appear at rallies and tent revivals preaching Donald Trump’s fraudulent claims that the election was stolen as a new holy war, according to Amanda Tyler, executive director of the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, an organization dedicated to religious freedom.
“If someone is convinced that God has preordained an election result for a messiah-like candidate and is told over and over that the election was stolen, that erodes trust in elections and democracy,” Tyler said.

What the fuck is wrong with these people and how much of a danger are they to those outside of their crazy religious beliefs?

. “We call out the covid-19 vaccine out right now. Keep that demonic spirit out of you right now in the name of Jesus!”
Exorcised of a vaccine that the body removes within a week... If i were there.... "Are you feeling the Spirit?"
"No, the stupid is giving me a migraine."
I can't even imagine what goes through the minds of these brainwashed idiots.

. “We call out the covid-19 vaccine out right now. Keep that demonic spirit out of you right now in the name of Jesus!”
Exorcised of a vaccine that the body removes within a week... If i were there.... "Are you feeling the Spirit?"
Nothing.
I think i was eight when a guy at a Mormon function stated that there was a black guy, a Mormon, who was so devout that one morning he woke up and God had made him white.
I thought it was a joke. I could even imagine the skit if Flip Wilson woke up white one morning. Or Richard Pryor. That wouldn't've been on TV, though.
But the people around us nodded their heads. This was the sort of miracle that confirmed their life choices, their place in the world.
I didnt have the vocabulary to express my new understanding that, "these fuckers don't examine ANYTHING critically, if it's from an authority figure within the hierarchy." I just thought, that guy up front can get away with ANYTHING.

Nothing.
I think i was eight when a guy at a Mormon function stated that there was a black guy, a Mormon, who was so devout that one morning he woke up and God had made him white.
I thought it was a joke. I could even imagine the skit if Flip Wilson woke up white one morning. Or Richard Pryor. That wouldn't've been on TV, though.
But the people around us nodded their heads. This was the sort of miracle that confirmed their life choices, their place in the world.
I didnt have the vocabulary to express my new understanding that, "these fuckers don't examine ANYTHING critically, if it's from an authority figure within the hierarchy." I just thought, that guy up front can get away with ANYTHING.
I was forced to attend and believe the nonsense that evangelicals believe when I was growing up. But, compared to the current white evangelicals, my childhood religion doesn't seem half as nutty. On second thought, it was pretty nutty, just not as dangerous, since the people in my church supported the SCS and kept their dumb beliefs to themselves for the most part.

We were told to "witness" to our Catholic friends. I vaguely remember arguing in grammar school with my close Catholic friends about religion, each of us believing that the other one was wrong and headed for hell.

Even my parents thought that a movie about the Rapture was a bit nutty. It showed actors, all of them were white of course, dressed in white robes, being lifted into the sky, heading for heaven. By the time I was 18, I realized how crazy all of these nutty beliefs were, and to this day, I can't understand how my otherwise rational mom, fell for it.

If she was still in her right mind, I think she would be appalled to see what white evangelicals were up to these days. She vented to me about how her church friends were always telling her not to vote for the Democrats. I'm happy to say that she never fell for that, but I always found it interesting that she shared so many of these things with her atheist daughter, knowing full well that I didn't believe in god.

Nothing.
I was forced to attend and believe the nonsense that evangelicals believe when I was growing up. But, compared to the current white evangelicals, my childhood religion doesn't seem half as nutty. On second thought, it was pretty nutty, just not as dangerous, since the people in my church supported the SCS and kept their dumb beliefs to themselves for the most part.

We were told to "witness" to our Catholic friends. I vaguely remember arguing in grammar school with my close Catholic friends about religion, each of us believing that the other one was wrong and headed for hell.

Even my parents thought that a movie about the Rapture was a bit nutty. It showed actors, all of them were white of course, dressed in white robes, being lifted into the sky, heading for heaven. By the time I was 18, I realized how crazy all of these nutty beliefs were, and to this day, I can't understand how my otherwise rational mom, fell for it.

If she was still in her right mind, I think she would be appalled to see what white evangelicals were up to these days. She vented to me about how her church friends were always telling her not to vote for the Democrats. I'm happy to say that she never fell for that, but I always found it interesting that she shared so many of these things with her atheist daughter, knowing full well that I didn't believe in god.
The root of a major source of American conflict. In 50s RCC grammar school we were taught the RCC is the one and only true Christian church and the pope was second only to god on matters of faith.

For whatever reason it never took with me so I never had a de conversion experience.

In 50s RCC grammar school we were taught the RCC is the one and only true Christian church and the pope was second only to god on matters of faith.
In the 60s, in Sunday School, we were taught the pope is second to Satan. Anything good done by the Church is just bait to lure you in...

In 50s RCC grammar school we were taught the RCC is the one and only true Christian church and the pope was second only to god on matters of faith.
In the 60s, in Sunday School, we were taught the pope is second to Satan. Anything good done by the Church is just bait to lure you in...
Were you also taught that if Kennedy won the election, the pope would control America? Now it seems that the White Evangelicals are determined to force a theocracy on us, while the current pope seems quite reasonable at times, compared to the evangelicals. I have hope they will fail, but it's still concerning and sad to see so many people being sucked into such dangerous nonsense. Humans have a long history of being drawn into cults.

Were you also taught that if Kennedy won the election, the pope would control America?
Good one.
I don't remember a time before Nixon was in office, but i do recall the initial response to Watergate being to ask the religious backgrounds of his accusationizers. Jews and Catholics probably had an agenda...

It was a serious question for JFK. He spoke to a crowd of Christians,

From a bio on Jefferson he did not like Catholics very much. On the question of spreading our system around the world he did not think it a good ides. He likened it to the pope sending Jesuits to te USA to convert everybody.

Remember the Oklahoma City bombing? Ruby Ridge? There were a string of political and law enforcement assassinations and robberies to fund the cause.
I did not realise that McVeigh detonated the Oklahoma bomb because he was a Christian.

McVeigh self identified as a Catholic until he realized it made Catholicism look bad and then he shut up about religion. Catholicism may not have inspired McVeigh, but it certainly did not inspire him not to create that bomb and set it off. His religion was not a moral guide. Nor is religion a moral guide for the many self proclaimed religious sunsuvbitch GOP members of Congress now infesting the US Congress.

From a bio on Jefferson he did not like Catholics very much. On the question of spreading our system around the world he did not think it a good ides. He likened it to the pope sending Jesuits to te USA to convert everybody.
Jefferson didn't think much of Christianity or religion in general. He published his edited version of the New Testament (known today as the Jefferson Bible). His editing consisted of cutting out all miracles and references to a supernatural or divinity of Jesus. Essentially he saw Jesus as a moral teacher sorta like we would see Gandhi or MLK.

Jefferson didn't think much of Christianity or religion in general. He published his edited version of the New Testament (known today as the Jefferson Bible). His editing consisted of cutting out all miracles and references to a supernatural or divinity of Jesus. Essentially he saw Jesus as a moral teacher sorta like we would see Gandhi or MLK.
He is labeled a Deist. He believed in an afterlife.

He is labeled a Deist. He believed in an afterlife.
Yes, he was supposedly a Deist. But Deism does not mean belief in an afterlife. Like Christians or any religion, Deists are rather diverse in their beliefs. A quiet common Deist is one that just believes that there was a god that got everything going then stepped aside and let it go. Deists don't believe in a personal god, only in a creator god. Jefferson edited out anything in the New Testament about the supernatural so it is reasonable to assume that he didn't subscribe to any sort of an afterlife or divine judgement.

Last edited:
Deism was common in the 19th century. An alternative to mainstream Christianity of the day.

Back
Top Bottom