• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The southern US border is insane right now.

If most of the right leaning sources fail to agree with your ideology I can not control that. Nor would I not claim my OP (from X) was a left or right leaning source because it was actual video testimony and events taking place in real time. You can not get any more non partisan and factual than that.
I already explained the problems with your lone source in the OP, and your subsequent sources. The fact that you're trying to present your post as unbiased is proof you're not interested in serious discussion.

You decided - based on one video from someone you also do not understand and from a region of the country where you have never been and only know from what your far-right sources tell you - that the "boarder" is "insane right now." You repeatedly claimed...well...lied and said it was "wide open" and utterly undefended, and got your undies in a bunch whenever anyone questioned your pronouncements from on high.

This has been a waste of time. Sit down and shut up until you've actually done some work on this aside from watching a video on Twix and reading sites which only confirm your biases.

I'm just answering questions....
Actually you avoid most questions. Awhile back you mentioned about when whites would no longer be the majority in the US. I asked why that was important and I do not believe you answered.

I asked because if you look at the contiguous US states as a region, that region has been majority white for less than half the time there have been people here.

I'm just answering questions....
Actually you avoid most questions. Awhile back you mentioned about when whites would no longer be the majority in the US. I asked why that was important and I do not believe you answered.
I also asked this directly, and got no response.

Of course, many business and farms welcome them with open arms. That's why Congress doesn't do all that much from year to year about immigration--because their donors like that pool of cheap labor. If we were serious about keeping undocumented immigrants from taking our jobs, we'd enact  E-verify post haste. But we don't because we like cheap produce in our Walmarts.

But that doesn't stop unethical politicians from running on "INVASION!!!" campaigns to get the uninformed to vote for them.
The problem with e-verify is that it will drive them to identity theft.

How about this for actually insane. And Armenia lacks the infrastructure we have... and wide open spaces!

article said:
More than 100,000 refugees have arrived in Armenia since Azerbaijan's military operation to retake control of Nagorno-Karabakh, the United nations said, while thousands more endured long hours of delay in a huge traffic jam at the border.
The military operation was started on September 19th, which means in two weeks over 100,000 refugees have flooded into Armenia.

Armenia is smaller than Maryland!

My biggest problem with the immigration baiting crap is just the complete loss of perspective. It is xenophobic bullshit to distract from the GOP's committed plan to bankrupting the government so the free market can more readily exploit the citizens.

Of course, many business and farms welcome them with open arms. That's why Congress doesn't do all that much from year to year about immigration--because their donors like that pool of cheap labor. If we were serious about keeping undocumented immigrants from taking our jobs, we'd enact  E-verify post haste. But we don't because we like cheap produce in our Walmarts.

But that doesn't stop unethical politicians from running on "INVASION!!!" campaigns to get the uninformed to vote for them.
K

I don't see that as a problem remotely on the scale of what we've got now.

If the USA gave around as many work papers as we're willing to give jobs, the vast bulk of the "illegal" part of immigration would be over.

This is The Information Age. A reasonably effective system is well within our capabilities.
Tom

I don't see that as a problem remotely on the scale of what we've got now.

If the USA gave around as many work papers as we're willing to give jobs, the vast bulk of the "illegal" part of immigration would be over.

This is The Information Age. A reasonably effective system is well within our capabilities.
Tom
Where's the bogeyman in your plan? Where's the enemy the sub-literate, reactionary MAGAtards need lest they have no identity, no fuel for their less than juvenile intellects?

Why hasn't the Murdoch trash known as " The Daily Mail" mentioned how Trump employed undocumented immigrants quite often in his businesses and homes? Do you know about that Rvonse? If you are afraid of these folks, please don't vote for Trump because he has hired lots of them in the past. These days, he may not be able to afford hiring anyone, considering the current fraud case that might liquidate many of the assets he has left. One can only hope.

Here's an old article I'll share to educate Rvonse and anyone who didn't know or doesn't remember Trump's undocumented workers.

https://wapo.st/3RKQUIQ

OSSINING, N.Y. — For nearly two decades, the Trump Organization has relied on a roving crew of Latin American employees to build fountains and waterfalls, sidewalks and rock walls at the company’s winery and its golf courses from New York to Florida.

Other employees at Trump clubs were so impressed by the laborers — who did strenuous work with heavy stone — that they nicknamed them “Los Picapiedras,” Spanish for “the Flintstones.”

For years, their ranks have included workers who entered the United States illegally, according to two former members of the crew. Another employee, still with the company, said that remains true today.
President Trump “doesn’t want undocumented people in the country,” said one worker, Jorge Castro, a 55-year-old immigrant from Ecuador without legal status who left the company in April after nine years. “But at his properties, he still has them.”

Since January, The Post has interviewed 43 immigrants without legal status who were employed at Trump properties. They include waiters, maids and greenskeepers, as well as a caretaker at a personal hunting lodge that his two adult sons own in Upstate New York.
‘My whole town practically lived there’: From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of undocumented workers for Trump goes back years
In all, at least eight Trump properties have employed immigrants who entered the United States illegally, some as far back as 19 years, The Post has found.

There's more in the article, and I'd be surprised if there weren't other powerful Republican liars who say they are concerned about "open borders", but then hire undocumented immigrants to work for them, clean their homes, raise their children etc.

And why do some white people care about being a minority? I'm already technically a minority in my small city, which is slightly majority Black. I love it because my Black neighbors are much friendlier than my white neighbors and there are a lot of things about Black culture, like for example music, specifically jazz, soul and funk, that is much better than white music, imo. Cultural diversity is a wonderful thing to embrace!

We also have a growing population of Hispanic folks here in town and everyone I've met has been very likable, although I'm not sure why we need 5 Tex/Mex restaurants in my small city. The Mexican immigrant who owned a small construction company that did some work for us was right when he said" Mexicans are welcome into any country in the world except the US". I agreed and told him how sad that was.

And no. Immigrants don't just do the low paying shitty jobs, although sometimes they start off that way if they aren't well educated or have a special skill. Lots of them open small businesses and many work in healthcare. Considering the low birth rate here, we probably need them, at least as much as they need us.

Why are people afraid of immigrants? I know it's always been this way because even my great grandmother who was an Irish immigrant in Boston, was likely met with hatred. I remember looking for some information about the hatred towards Irish immigrants and I saw an old sign on the door of a business in Boston that read: "No dogs. No Blacks and No Irish". At least one group of my ancestors were banned along with two of my favorite groups of people. Yes. Dogs are people too, just ask mine. ;)

I saw an old sign on the door of a business in Boston that read: "No dogs. No Blacks and No Irish".

My parents were born in the mid 20s. They both remembered those signs.
Tom
ETA ~They're Irish~

Last edited:
Why are people afraid of immigrants? I know it's always been this way because even my great grandmother who was an Irish immigrant in Boston, was likely met with hatred. I remember looking for some information about the hatred towards Irish immigrants and I saw an old sign on the door of a business in Boston that read: "No dogs. No Blacks and No Irish". At least one group of my ancestors were banned along with two of my favorite groups of people. Yes. Dogs are people too, just ask mine. ;)

You ask many questions, but I think this gets at the heart of the issue:

Considering the low birth rate here, we probably need them, at least as much as they need us.

Sitting in the back of the minds of folks like Tucker Carlson and our intrepid OP is the "great replacement" bullshit. Are the immigrants seeking to replace white folks at the top of the food chain? No, but for some reason they fear this. As our population ages and people have fewer children, we need more people to keep that train of "our society must grow at a minimum of 5% a year or we're not keeping up!" and that requires immigration. People coming in from other parts of the world to do jobs and fill out our ranks as the birthrate for the "natives" declines. Is this intentional on the part of the immigrants? No, yet due to simple market pressures, that's what's happening.

Can this trend be reversed? Probably not, but rather than build walls, institute bans on immigrants from certain countries, and make it difficult for non-whites to get a leg-up, I'd suggest a strategy that at least would be enjoyable to implement:

Start fucking.

If you want to replenish the ranks of white European descendants in America, you're gonna have to do more in the reproduction department than having one or maybe two kids.

If you can't step up (and lay down), then you're going to have to fill up the country by importing more folks from other parts of the world. The "great replacement" thing isn't intentional or some sinister conspiracy. It's just the way things are, and are going to be.

That is...unless you get to mattress dancing more often.

Back
Top Bottom