• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Stock Market

Gee which clown said this in late February about stocks: "starting to look very good to me!"...
Twiddle de Dotard said:
When the so-called “rich guys” speak negatively about the market, you must always remember that some are betting big against it, and make a lot of money if it goes down. Then they go positive, get big publicity, and make it going up. They get you both ways. Barely legal?

Gee which clown said this in late February about stocks: "starting to look very good to me!"...
Twiddle de Dotard said:
When the so-called “rich guys” speak negatively about the market, you must always remember that some are betting big against it, and make a lot of money if it goes down. Then they go positive, get big publicity, and make it going up. They get you both ways. Barely legal?

Well, stocks are long term investments. If you think that the economy will recover in two or three years, today is a good time to buy. But I wouldn't invest any money into equities that you'll need in the next five years as we're going to have an interesting ride.

Twiddle de Dotard said:

Well, stocks are long term investments. If you think that the economy will recover in two or three years, today is a good time to buy. But I wouldn't invest any money into equities that you'll need in the next five years as we're going to have an interesting ride.

I'm waiting to see the DOW in the low 18000s before jumping in any further.
My fear right now is that I'll be paying taxes on "income" in a portfolio that is actually worth less (if not worthless) than it was when it contained fewer dollars. (Inflation)
How much money beyond the 6,000,000,000,000.00 stimulus/bailout can they print before it is worth about the same as the paper it's printed on? When the food distribution system totally collapses, how many C-Notes will a hamburger cost?

Twiddle de Dotard said:

Well, yah sure...but my comment was largely a snarky point about Clownstick and what he was saying late February, along with the reality that Clownstick most probably has more negative impact on the markets, than his billionaire strawmen...the comment could have just as well been posted in "A day without Stupid?".

Back
Top Bottom