• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

I just read and am "gifting" an I interesting article from WaPo, that I read a few minutes ago. It claims that after an investigation, it was found that only a small percentage of those who participated in the capital invasion had alliances with far right groups. To me, it sounds as if most of the invaders got riled up by Trump and began rioting. Most of them had no criminal records and had no plans of doing anything like they did on January 6th. Perhaps this says more about humans and how easily some groups can be easily lead to riot. I think the article will be available to be read in its entirety for 2 weeks, if I remember correctly the rules that allow subscribers to gift articles. So, make of it what you will.

https://wapo.st/30c4JHW
This isn't new news. We've known for a bit that the people that protested weren't all anti-government doomsday preppers. They were small company owners, business managers... white collars.

I just read and am "gifting" an I interesting article from WaPo.. It claims that after an investigation, it was found that only a small percentage of those who participated in the capital invasion had alliances with far right groups. To me, it sounds as if most of the invaders got riled up by Trump and began rioting. Most of them had no criminal records and had no plans of doing anything like they did on January 6th. Perhaps this says more about humans and how easily some groups can be easily lead to riot. I think the article will be available to be read in its entirety for 2 weeks, if I remember correctly the rules that allow subscribers to gift articles. So, make of it what you will.

Agreed. Most of them were sheep, unaware of the puppet strings being pulled. That doesn't mean the puppet strings weren't there, though.

Another person from Connecticut has been charged in connection with the breach at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, NBC Connecticut Investigates has learned.

The US Attorney's Office confirmed that Jeremy Baouche, 24, appeared in federal district court in New Haven Wednesday.

According to court documents, Baouche lives in New London, Connecticut and works for General Dynamics Electric Boat, which is a Department of Defense contractor. Baouche has secret security clearances as part of his job, authorities noted.

Investigators said three tips about Baouche were submitted to the federal government, two on January 13 and one on January 15. About a week later, they went to Electric Boat to try to interview him, but he said he would not speak without an attorney.

Authorities say Baouche can be seen in surveillance footage from the Capitol on January 6 wearing a leather jacket and carrying a megaphone. The arrest warrant says Baouche can be seen on open source video calling into the megaphone "Whose house?" while people in the area responded "our house," at least three times.

On Baouche's work computer, investigators found a search history including topics like the inauguration, the U.S. Capitol building layout, guns, rifle scopes, Trump protests and other related topics, according to the court documents.

In the court documents it states an Electric Boat coworker told investigators that Baouche was off on January 5 and 6 and said he was going fishing.

Keith, did you rat out your coworker?

General Dynamics Electric Boat -  General Dynamics Electric Boat - a company that makes military submarines. -  List of submarine classes of the United States Navy

Its subs are powered by nuclear reactors, and there are two main types: attack subs and missile subs. Attack subs are designed to attack other subs and ships, by releasing torpedoes. Missile subs contain tubes that hold missiles, either cruise missiles or ballistic missiles.

I asked someone in another forum about how much shielding a submarine nuclear reactor has, and he seemed to think that it's highly classified. More recently, I looked for greatest dive depths, and that sort of number was classified also. I can find numbers for WWII submarines, but not any recent US ones.

As to possible leaks of classified information, such info is usually handled on a need-to-know basis. So if Jeremy Baouche was not working on reactor design or hull design, he may not have learned very much. But I think that this may be the end of his possible access to classified info.

image.png
This plaque is one of many on the grounds of the former Navy Training Center in San Diego. Each one memorializes the crew of one of the submarines lost in WWII (almost always with all hands.) What a somber, and reflective, place to visit. Fair winds and following seas to your grandfather, and his shipmates.

QAnon Shaman Is Facing Hard Jail Time for the Capitol Riot

"Jacob Chansley, who became the face of the January 6 riot, is facing the stiffest penalty prosecutors have yet to recommend for any insurrectionist."

"In a late-night court filing on Tuesday, federal prosecutors said in a memo that they were recommending a sentence of 51 months for Chansley, who became the face of the January 6 riots as a result of his striking appearance."
Prosecutors also mention the speech Chansley gave from the dais in the Senate chamber once inside.

“Thank you, Heavenly Father, for gracing us with this opportunity...to allow us to send a message to all the tyrants, the communists, and the globalists, that this is our nation, not theirs,” Chansley said, according to a quote that opens the prosecution’s sentencing memo.

In contrast, the sentencing memo filed on behalf of Chansley by his lawyer Al Watkins opens with a quote from the movie Forrest Gump (which Watkins misspells in his filing):

“My momma always said, you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.”
The prosecution's sentencing memo
The defense's sentencing memo

I just read and am "gifting" an I interesting article from WaPo, that I read a few minutes ago. It claims that after an investigation, it was found that only a small percentage of those who participated in the capital invasion had alliances with far right groups. To me, it sounds as if most of the invaders got riled up by Trump and began rioting. Most of them had no criminal records and had no plans of doing anything like they did on January 6th. Perhaps this says more about humans and how easily some groups can be easily lead to riot. I think the article will be available to be read in its entirety for 2 weeks, if I remember correctly the rules that allow subscribers to gift articles. So, make of it what you will.

This isn't new news. We've known for a bit that the people that protested weren't all anti-government doomsday preppers. They were small company owners, business managers... white collars.
But apparently lacked to a large degree critical thinking skills.

The QAnon Shamon got 41 months in prison.

His mom won't be happy.

Is this the same Trump who offered to pay the legal bills for any of his supporters who got carried away at a rally and were accused of crimes?
I'm pretty sure it is.

Of course, that was also back when Trump was so rich he didn't need campaign donations. He was not corrupted or corruptible. Because he didn't need anyone else's money, he was already Super rich and could pay for his own campaign.
Tom

'QAnon Shaman' lawyer to Trump: Take care of 'the jack----s that you f----- up' | TheHill
noting
QAnon Shaman's Lawyer Has a Suggestion for Trump

A reporter asked lawyer Albert Watkins what would be “appropriate accountability” for Trump. “If you’re asking my opinion, my opinion is meaningless,” he responded, continuing with
I will say that I would probably be far more effective over a beer with former President Trump, even if he didn’t have a beer, because I understand he doesn’t drink beer, but I’d have a beer. And I’d tell him, ‘You know what? You’ve got a few fucking things to do. Including clearing this fucking mess up and taking care of a lot of the jackasses that you fucked up because of January 6.
:rofl:
Hard to tell what he wanted to do.

Scott MacFarlane on Twitter: ""NOT UNLIKE WHAT KYLE RITTENHOUSE DID"

On same day as Rittenhouse verdict, defense for accused Proud Boy files this motion in January 6 case...

It argues the Proud Boys came to DC on Jan 6 to "defend vulnerable demonstrators" ===> (pic link)" / Twitter

Actually, the Proud Boys primarily came to Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, to patrol the perimeter of the crowds and the places where crowds were gathered to defend vulnerable demonstrators against violent attacks from ANTIFA, not unlike what Kyle Rittenhouse did in Kenosah, Wisconsin. The Government argues that the best evidence of what these Proud Boys planned to do is what they actually did. What did they do? What they actually did, as shown in one 1:40 hour segment of the Eddie Block raw video for his documentary was stand around, smoke a cigarette, take pictures facing away with the Capitol over their shoulder, and patrol around a large rectangle around Capitol Hill taunting Antifa and chanting once at D C. police "DO YOUR JOB!" See- (link) What they actually planned to do and did was to make sure that the defenseless Trump supporters in the gun free zone of D.C. did not get jumped and stabbed by the rioters who had run amok all during 2020, as ANTIFA had stabbed people on December 12, 2020. However, within the terms of what the Indictment alleges, the Indictment admits that Zachary Rehl's intentions with regard to the Joint Session of Congress was for Congress to debate and resolve disputes about the Electoral College votes from disputed votes.

Al Gore 'was a man' about his election loss, unlike Donald Trump, federal judge says - CNNPolitics
"Al Gore had a better case to argue than Mr. Trump, but he was a man about what happened to him," Senior District Judge Reggie Walton said of Gore's decision to end his presidential bid following weeks of legal battles. "He accepted it and walked away."

The comments from Walton came during a plea hearing for Capitol riot defendant Adam Johnson, who was photographed carrying House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's lectern through the Capitol building. He pleaded guilty on Monday to a low-level charge of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds.

"What concerns me, sir, is that you were gullible enough to come to Washington, DC, from Florida based on a lie," Walton said, "and the person who inspired you to do what you do is still making those statements, and my concern is that you are gullible enough to do it again."
He's right about that. Trump has shown himself to have the emotional maturity of a toddler.
More than 130 defendants have pleaded guilty so far to charges connected to the Capitol riot, with most to date admitting to misdemeanor charges.

Man who organized bus travel sentenced to 60 days in jail

Frank Scavo, who told local news outlets and the FBI he organized several buses to bring people from eastern Pennsylvania to Washington for the January 6 rally, was sentenced to 60 days in jail on Monday and received the maximum fine of $5,000.

Another poor patriot getting purged.

The Geniuses Behind January 6 Really Don't Know When to Shut the F*ck Up
Once the good people of America completely convert this old republic into a Dollar Store dictatorship, I am still going to be astonished at how baffled the January 6 insurrectionists apparently are by the concept of covert operations. Yes, the person who left the pipe bombs in front of the two national party headquarters remains at large, but that person is a tiny exception to a massive rule. On the day of the insurrection, the lot of them behaved like grandmothers on their first trip to Vegas. Between Instagram videos, Tweets, and Facebook extravaganzas, these people simply don’t know when to shut…the…fck…up. They can’t even do it while talking to law enforcement officers who are committed to throwing them into the sneezer for several seasons.

Armed US Capitol rioter tells investigators if he had found Pelosi, 'you'd be here for another reason' - CNNPolitics
Mark Mazza has been charged with five federal crimes, including illegal possession of a firearm on Capitol grounds and assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers with a dangerous weapon.

According to the court documents, he lost his firearm during a battle with police on the Lower West Terrace of the Capitol building. Police recovered the gun -- a Taurus revolver -- which was loaded with five rounds, including shotgun ammunition capable of going after "multiple targets at the same time," investigators said.

Investigators found Mazza after he reported to local police that the gun was stolen from his car in Ohio, though he later admitted to the FBI that he falsified the report in case a member of Antifa found and killed someone with the weapon.
Falsifying a report to the police?
Mazza also denied assaulting police, though footage from the Capitol building allegedly shows Mazza swinging a baton at a line of officers.

Mazza told investigators that he "never did get to talk to Nancy" and thought he and the California Democrat would "hit it off."
Is he saying that he and NP would become good friends? Participating in a lynch mob that targeted supposed traitors is not a good way to do that.
"I was glad I didn't, because you'd be here for another reason," he said.
That's rather cryptic.
Mazza also claimed he was prepared to surrender because he "may go down as a hero," referred to himself as a nonviolent patriot and requested that he be placed in a "fed," if he was arrested so that he would be given "three squares, a nice clean room" and free health care.

Man Who Threatened To Shoot Nancy Pelosi Pleads Guilty
Officials said Meredith arrived hauling a trailer, a rifle, a Glock 9mm handgun, 10 large-capacity magazines, and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition.

According to a federal indictment, Meredith told a relative that he had headed to DC with "a shit ton" of armor-piercing ammo. Then, the day after the Capitol attack, he texted a family member that he was "thinking about heading over to Pelosi CUNT's speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV."

A Doylestown woman who said she wanted to shoot Pelosi ‘in the friggin’ brain’ pleaded guilty to Capitol riot charges
A Bucks County gym owner who recorded herself during the storming of the Capitol saying she was looking for Nancy Pelosi “to shoot her in the friggin’ brain” pleaded guilty to a federal misdemeanor Tuesday, making her the latest Pennsylvanian to admit her role in the Jan. 6 riot.

Dawn Bancroft, 59, of Doylestown, told a federal judge she didn’t mean to threaten the House speaker and described her remark in hindsight as a “stupid, juvenile comment” made in the heat of the moment.
3 Bucks County Residents Plead Guilty To Roles In Capitol Riot | Doylestown, PA Patch

Steven Arthur Martis of Arizona convicted after threatening Nancy Pelosi - CNNPolitics
According to federal prosecutors, Steven Arthur Martis, 77, of Bullhead City, Arizona, called the California Democrat's office on January 17, 2021, and left two voicemails, one indicating, "I'm coming to kill you," and a second claiming "you're dead."
CNN has reached out to the public defender representing Martis for comment on the conviction.

The two threatening voicemails received by Pelosi's office occurred after the FBI had already warned Martis following similar previous calls, the DOJ statement said.

Back
Top Bottom