• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

Let's be honest here, reality really kinda sucks most days. I can totally understand why Trausti does not seem to like living here.
A big reason why reality sucks is the amount of fuckwits who love living in make believe. I also think it's important to highlight the distinction between the occasional bout of escapism and a consistent wilful denial of cognitive input. The former's fine, the latter is destructive for pretty much everyone.
like the difference between people who love the Harry Potter books as great fantasy, and those that hate them because they teach ‘witchcraft’. Both might be living in a fantasy world, but only one thinks it is real.

Let's be honest here, reality really kinda sucks most days. I can totally understand why Trausti does not seem to like living here.
A big reason why reality sucks is the amount of fuckwits who love living in make believe. I also think it's important to highlight the distinction between the occasional bout of escapism and a consistent wilful denial of cognitive input. The former's fine, the latter is destructive for pretty much everyone.
Damn, you got me there. ._.
I wasn't trying to go tit for tat, but from my perspective it's pretty obvious to see the progression from "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim", to "Hillary hired Benjamin Ghazi to kill Americans", to "China created Covid for the sole purpose of making Trump look bad", to "Hang Mike Pence".

Capitol rioter compares attacks on her to treatment of ‘Jews in Germany’
Ryan, 51, reported to prison Dec. 21. In an interview with NBC News five days earlier, she expressed regret for entering the Capitol but still portrayed herself as a victim. She went so far as to assert that the backlash she has received is akin to the experience of “the Jews in Germany.”

“They’re making fun of my skin color. They’re calling me an ‘insurrection Barbie,’” she said.

“They have no idea who I am as a person, what my beliefs are, what I’ve been through, who I am," she added. "They see me as a one-dimensional caricature. They don’t see me as a human.”

"And so, that is the epitome of a scapegoat. Just like they did that to the Jews in Germany. Those were scapegoats. And I believe that people who are Caucasian are being turned into evil in front of the media.”

Pressed whether she was comparing the situation to the Holocaust, Ryan said she was reluctant to say more.

“You know what’s so sad?” she responded. “That I’m afraid to answer your question because I will be attacked for saying that.”
What a big baby. Just like her hero.

Ryan, 51, reported to prison Dec. 21. In an interview with NBC News five days earlier, she expressed regret for entering the Capitol but still portrayed herself as a victim. She went so far as to assert that the backlash she has received is akin to the experience of “the Jews in Germany.”

“They’re making fun of my skin color. They’re calling me an ‘insurrection Barbie,’” she said.

“They have no idea who I am as a person, what my beliefs are, what I’ve been through, who I am," she added. "They see me as a one-dimensional caricature. They don’t see me as a human.”

"And so, that is the epitome of a scapegoat. Just like they did that to the Jews in Germany. Those were scapegoats. And I believe that people who are Caucasian are being turned into evil in front of the media.”

Pressed whether she was comparing the situation to the Holocaust, Ryan said she was reluctant to say more.

“You know what’s so sad?” she responded. “That I’m afraid to answer your question because I will be attacked for saying that.”
At least she seems to have some introspection and can speak well, unlike her hero.

You, uh, YOU were the one who introduced your SKIN COLOR to the argument, drawing a direct connection between you being white and you not going to jail.
So, are they making fun of you, as a white person?
Or are they making fun of you as an entitled bitch, whose (White) skin is in jail?

She'll be attacked for saying her (and the white people) plight is like the Holocaust? She won't be, but could be argued that being such a stupid statement, it could be warranted.

Also I wasn't aware being guilty of a criminal offense made one a scapegoat. She knows what a scapegoat is, right? Blaming the rioters for rioting isn't scapegoating. Saying it was Pelosi's fault is.

Also I wasn't aware being guilty of a criminal offense made one a scapegoat. She knows what a scapegoat is, right? Blaming the rioters for rioting isn't scapegoating. Saying it was Pelosi's fault is.
I think she's upset that of all the people who were involved, they're singling out the white people as 'the rioters.'

'QAnon shaman' marks Jan. 6 anniversary with a bizarre rant about an underground civilization - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
Jacob Chansley, who plans to appeal the 41-month sentence he got for his role in the riot, called into a program hosted by conspiracy theorist Ann Vendersteel to offer an evidence-free claim about “a breakaway civilization” that supposedly exists underground where the military is developing technology “several hundred years” more advanced than anything seen on Earth, reported Vice.

“We are going to see a whole new world, far beyond most people's imagining,” Chansley told his fellow conspiracy theorist
Right Wing Watch on Twitter: "QAnon Shaman Jake Angeli tells fellow QAnon conspiracy theorist Ann Vandersteel that there is "a breakaway civilization" deep underground where military bases are using technology hundreds of years more advanced than anything available on the surface. (vid link)" / Twitter

:rofl:

Sobbing Jan. 6 insurrectionist sent to prison after lawyer argues his brain was not fully developed - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
The now 20-year-old has been sentenced to 14 days in prison, despite his lawyer's argument that his brain may not have been fully developed to understand the crimes he was committing, The New York Post reported.

Ridge was responsible for breaking open the doors to the offices of Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). He also admitted to spending nearly 40 minutes inside the U.S. Capitol.

After the insurrection, Ridge told his Snapchat followers that he had "just made history" and that “I hate to say it but like the time for us to fight is here.” But for all intents and purposes, his tune seems to be changing now.

“If I could do it over again, I would have never entered that building or done any of the things I did that day,” he outwardly sobbed to U.S. District Judge John E. Boasberg on Tuesday.
noting
Capitol rioter's lawyer argued client's brain wasn't fully developed

I thought that right-wingers believed in personal responsibility.

'Do it again? I want to say yes': Defiant MAGA rioter tells CNN he didn't do 'anything wrong' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
MAGA rioter Josh Pruitt remained defiant during a CNN interview this week in which he said he didn't believe he'd done anything wrong despite the damning evidence federal prosecutors have accumulated against him.

During the interview, CNN reporter Jessica Schneider asked Pruitt if he'd still storm the Capitol despite the severe legal consequences he's facing.

"So you asked me if I'd do it again?" Pruitt said. "I want to say yes."

However, Pruitt added that he's not sure he could definitively say he'd do it again because the last year had been such a miserable experience.

"I don't feel I did anything wrong but knowing the consequences that came out of it would be the part that would make me question it," he admitted.
Then
'Last straw': MAGA rioter could be headed back to jail after telling CNN he’d storm Capitol again - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
Now, federal prosecutors are seeking to revoke Pruitt's pretrial release and lock him up, pointing to his nationally televised statements, as well as numerous curfew violations and threats he's allegedly made against his ex-girlfriend and others.
noting
DOJ wants Proud Boy Joshua Pruitt sent back to jail | wusa9.com
According to prosecutors, Pruitt was already on probation in both Maryland and Georgia – and in fact was wearing a court-ordered GPS monitor – when he breached the Capitol.

Pruitt was granted pretrial release under a high-intensity supervision program after his arrest in January. His release conditions include staying away from U.S. Capitol grounds, not possessing a firearm and a 10 p.m. – 6 a.m. curfew.

According to a brief filed Thursday by the Justice Department, Pruitt has violated those conditions multiple times. Prosecutors said pretrial services had noted “multiple curfew infractions” and failures to report by phone in January, March and August, as well as a report of a domestic disturbance at his residence.

Prosecutors say Pruitt’s prior criminal history – which includes 19 prior arrests and eight convictions – show that he won’t abide by court ordered restrictions.

“The curfew violations here are the last straw,” prosecutors wrote. “Pruitt violated both probation and pretrial release conditions the moment he set foot in the Capitol. “Breaching the Capitol while being on GPS monitoring displayed a brazen disregard for the rule of law. When he was arrested that night, defendant was not honest with police: he told them he had sought to de-escalate. Throwing furniture is not de-escalating. From January 6, then, there were strong indications that Pruitt was not amenable to supervision, based on his criminal history and his conduct that day. There were also indications of danger, as seen in the violent images Pruitt posted and his confrontations with law enforcement and destruction of property on January 6.”

Prosecutors also said Pruitt had admitted in an interview with CNN aired Wednesday “to a willingness to storm the Capitol again (but for the risk of getting caught).”
Ouch.

Pissing off the prosecutors isn't going to make then want to be friends.

Sobbing Jan. 6 insurrectionist sent to prison after lawyer argues his brain was not fully developed - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
The now 20-year-old has been sentenced to 14 days in prison, despite his lawyer's argument that his brain may not have been fully developed to understand the crimes he was committing, The New York Post reported....

“If I could do it over again, I would have never entered that building or done any of the things I did that day,” he outwardly sobbed to U.S. District Judge John E. Boasberg on Tuesday.
noting
Capitol rioter's lawyer argued client's brain wasn't fully developed

I thought that right-wingers believed in personal responsibility.

After the judge rejected the undeveloped-brain defense, why didn't they trot out Alex Jones' defense? Ridge was a comedian, play-acting as part of his audition for a FoxNews gig.

So, when you reduce your own existence to a single important dimension (you are dangerous) and only advertise the visibility of one other dimension ("basic"), you have nobody but yourself to blame for noticing that.

"People who are caucasian" such as her and her friends (and let's note before anyone can say "NoT AlL CAucAsIAnS!", That no, it's not all caucasians, just the specific "CaUcAsIaNS") just don't want you recognizing or identifying them, correctly, as racist!

Why does evil have to be so goddamn BASIC?!?

Oath Keepers founder got 'white glove treatment' from FBI during arrest: report
The founder of the extremist Oath Keepers group, Stewart Rhodes, reportedly got "white glove treatment" from FBI agents during his arrest Thursday after being indicted for seditious conspiracy in connection with the Capitol insurrection.

Rhodes was on the phone with an attorney, Jonathan Moseley, at the time of his arrest, according to BuzzFeed News' Ken Bensinger.

Bensinger said he spoke with Moseley on Thursday night.

Rhodes and Moseley reportedly were discussing whether the Oath Keepers founder would answer questions from the House Select Committee investigating the Capitol insurrection, when the FBI called on the other line.

"Unlike typical FBI arrests, which tend to happen at 6 a.m. and often involve battering rams and dogs, Rhodes appeared to get the white glove treatment," Bensinger reported. "He was asked politely to come outside and given time to dress, Moseley said."

Militia head warns feds: Don't 'Waco' the Oregon occupiers unless you want a 'bloody, brutal civil war' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
Stewart Rhodes, the eye-patch-wearing law graduate who was indicted for seditious conspiracy over the US Capitol assault, spent years preparing to do battle with a government he views as increasingly repressive.

Rhodes, 56, was singled out as the leader of the militant Oath Keeper group which spearheaded the attack on the Capitol by supporters of then-president Donald Trump, stockpiling weapons nearby for an armed insurrection.

In an indictment, the Justice Department detailed encrypted chats in which Rhodes urged Oath Keeper members to prepare for a revolution after Trump was defeated by Democrat Joe Biden in the November 2020 election.

"We aren't getting through this without civil war," he told them.

If Biden became president, he said, "It will be a bloody and desperate fight... That can't be avoided."

View attachment 36696
People really called, saying they lost phones, purses, during the riot, wondering if they could claim their stuff.
Cops took their name, address, social, promised to tie up loose ends.

What kinds of things did they leave behind and ask about?
  • Ankle monitor
  • Lost turds on the walls
  • Pipe bombs
  • Confederate flag
  • Bull horns
  • Eye patch

I'm baffled at how anyone can be so horribly paranoid about Joe Biden. But then again, the right-wingers hated Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

'Hanging his own clients': George Conway buries Oath Keepers' attorney over train wreck CNN interview - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
"We should note Stewart Rhodes entered a not guilty plea in court," said anchor Jake Tapper. "I want to play part of the defense from Rhodes that came from his attorney who spoke to CNN today. Take a listen."

He then played a clip of attorney Jon Moseley telling CNN earlier on Friday that his clients had a "somewhat fanciful idea they thought the president was going to call them up under the Insurrection Act, which I don't understand but they were fixated on — the idea that Trump was going to activate them as a militia under the Insurrection Act."
What a fantasy.

Back
Top Bottom