• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS ??????❤<br><br>It is how we get dudebros to wear masks.<br><br>This guy is my hero ?????? <a href="https://t.co/eKWbgInliy">https://t.co/eKWbgInliy</a></p>— Post-truth politics IS killing us all. Antifa Genl (@populistmorons) <a href="https://twitter.com/populistmorons/status/1304461367827722240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Take, for example, popular TikTok user Joven Calloway (@jkabobs) who recently went viral after he explained how he tricked one non-mask-wearing culprit into putting on his dang mask. As Calloway explains in the video, which has been viewed over seven million times, he had just come from the grocery store where he encountered the guy not wearing his mask.

“So I walked up to him and I said, ‘Hey, are you coming out tonight?'” Calloway explains in the 40-second video. “And he said, ‘No, what are you talking about?’ And I was like, ‘Are you coming to The Hole tonight?’ And he was like, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.'”

“And I was like, ‘Oh—you’re not—OK I get it, sorry. It’s just like, I’m gay and in our community, we don’t wear masks properly to let others know that we’re down to hookup.'”

“And he put his mask on!” Calloway concludes. “That’s how we win this game, guys. We gotta use the toxic masculinity against them.”

While I do agree BMI has a problem with athletes 355 pounds means a lot of fat, period. He's not carrying an extra 150 pounds of muscle, no matter how much he works out.

I would venture to guess college football players body fat is not measured by something as inaccurate as a height/weight chart (mid section circumference minus neck). They probably do a DEXA scan for body composition.

Right idea, wrong tool. However, that's irrelevant to whether 355 pounds means a lot of fat.

No, it is absolutely the right and most accurate tool tool to use. It's a inexpensive body scan that accurately indicate percentage of bone, fat, and muscle.

The DXA, or “Dual X-ray Absorptiometry”, is a quick and pain free scan that can tell you a lot about your body. It provides you with an in-depth analysis of your fat tissue, muscle mass and bone density.

http://https://health.ucdavis.edu/sportsmedicine/resources/Assessment%20Information/DXA_Info.html

FFS, so now California State Universities are telling us the spring semester will be online. Based on no science whatsoever, they have fucked over thousands of students including my own kid. So not only do I get to pay full price for substandard tuition, I get to pay for accommodation. California is a joke.

Had a nice little interaction with the attendant at the gas station. I was standing at the pump filling up my car, sans mask of course and the attendant approaches me and says "Sir, sir, you need to wear a mask". So I look at him and told him I don't have a mask. And off he went, good boy.

So you want your kid to have heart damage? Because Covid tends to cause it even in mild cases and universities are an absolute breeding ground for it.

It seems to be the national zeitgeist in line with Trump's rationale for lying to the public in order to make America great again. However many deaths or disabilities are required to get him re-elected will be worth it and they all deserve an atta boy.

This is what the people of Los Angels have to put up with;

Students in Los Angeles County will not be allowed back into the classroom until at least November, according to a report. The Los Angeles Times listened in on a Thursday briefing with the county's public health director, Dr. Barbara Ferrer. Both the Los Angeles Unified School District and the district's teacher's union, United Teachers Los Angeles, said they are opposed to reopening campuses at this time because of health concerns.

ABCNews

"Dr" Barbara Ferrer isn't a medical doctor, she's a social worker or something. Incredible. One of the biggest school districts in the USA and these people want to play politics with the school kids. Unless of course someone can explain "teh science" works that makes covid different in November after the election than say, a week before the election.

Right idea, wrong tool. However, that's irrelevant to whether 355 pounds means a lot of fat.

No, it is absolutely the right and most accurate tool tool to use. It's a inexpensive body scan that accurately indicate percentage of bone, fat, and muscle.

The DXA, or “Dual X-ray Absorptiometry”, is a quick and pain free scan that can tell you a lot about your body. It provides you with an in-depth analysis of your fat tissue, muscle mass and bone density.

http://https://health.ucdavis.edu/sportsmedicine/resources/Assessment%20Information/DXA_Info.html

Note: X-ray. What's the justification for using radiation here when there are other ways to measure body fat?

Students in Los Angeles County will not be allowed back into the classroom until at least November, according to a report. The Los Angeles Times listened in on a Thursday briefing with the county's public health director, Dr. Barbara Ferrer. Both the Los Angeles Unified School District and the district's teacher's union, United Teachers Los Angeles, said they are opposed to reopening campuses at this time because of health concerns.

ABCNews

"Dr" Barbara Ferrer isn't a medical doctor, she's a social worker or something. Incredible. One of the biggest school districts in the USA and these people want to play politics with the school kids. Unless of course someone can explain "teh science" works that makes covid different in November after the election than say, a week before the election.

Social workers have a better understanding of such matters than medical doctors. She's obviously not able to diagnose Covid but she's not trying to--she's looking at the social factors in it's spread and that's within her realm.

ABCNews

Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd - Director
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

Dr. Ferrer also held various leadership positions at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, including Director of Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention, and Director of the Division of Maternal & Child Health. She has also served as a Headmaster at a district high school in Boston.

Dr. Ferrer received her Ph.D. in Social Welfare from Brandeis University, a Master of Arts in Public Health from Boston University, a Master of Arts in Education from the University of Massachusetts, Boston, and a Bachelor of Arts in Community Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz.

I think she's a little more qualified to judge the safety of the school system than you are

Following Pelosi’s gaff, indoor haircuts are now permitted in California. So I did manage to get my haircut today. Neither I nor the hairdresser wore masks. A bit of a strange arrangement because the hairdresser just doesn’t wear a mask, it’s not like I could tell her to wear a mask and she didn’t offer to wear a mask. I asked her, “do you need me to wear a mask?” and she said it was up to me. Obviously I didn’t wear a mask. But anyway, she was expressing her frustration at her industry being singled out by (Insufferable prick) Newsom and she felt it was a form of bullying which I agree with.

Redefining Covid-19: Months after infection, patients report breathing difficulty, excessive fatigue

(CNN)It's been five months since Lucy Gahan contracted Covid-19, and her life still hasn't returned to normal.

Gahan, a clinical psychologist in Shrewsbury, United Kingdom, hasn't been able to return to work.

The disease causes what she calls "storms," disabling periods when she feels shortness of breath, numbness in her hands and feet and her heart rate shoots up from simple tasks. Even taking a shower is possible only during an occasional respite in symptoms.

"In May and June, I could barely talk because I was so ill," she said.

Before contracting the disease in early April, the mother of two ran three times a week and had a regular yoga routine.

"I can only walk as far as the corner," she said. "In terms of running, I can't imagine when that will happen, if ever."

She is one of thousands around the world for whom Covid-19 has turned into a chronic condition. Gahan and other Covid-19 "long haulers" feel they aren't yet getting recognition for an illness that has disabled them for months, with no end in sight.

Now social distancing in my own home. Have several very at-risk people who live here. My wife has been forced to go back to work as a teacher in-person. She suits up with as much PPE as she can, but when she gets home we wear masks around each other just in case. If they don’t wise up and go to distance learning this might be the way things are until next summer.

Now social distancing in my own home. Have several very at-risk people who live here. My wife has been forced to go back to work as a teacher in-person. She suits up with as much PPE as she can, but when she gets home we wear masks around each other just in case. If they don’t wise up and go to distance learning this might be the way things are until next summer.

That sucks. We were unwilling to have our kid go back in in-person school for the same reason. We don't trust that the schools will be safe. NO WAY.

Sorry you have to lie like that. They don’t think about the families, do they?

Noticed red patch on my nose, even started thinking about cancer, then realized it was scratch from N95 mask I occasionally have to wear.

Noticed red patch on my nose, even started thinking about cancer, then realized it was scratch from N95 mask I occasionally have to wear.

Scratch? Since I got my hands on some I always wear them if I'm around anyone but my wife. Zero issues and I don't even see how they could scratch.

Scratch? Since I got my hands on some I always wear them if I'm around anyone but my wife. Zero issues and I don't even see how they could scratch.

It should not but the spot is exactly where it pushed hard by the mask's metal thing. I think it got infected slightly.
Could be some sand got in between and caused scrathing.

It should not but the spot is exactly where it pushed hard by the mask's metal thing. I think it got infected slightly.

Ah, that makes sense. It would be pretty hard for a mask itself to scratch but I can see a problem with something trapped under it.

Ah, that makes sense. It would be pretty hard for a mask itself to scratch but I can see a problem with something trapped under it.

Mask itself is pretty rough so they put polyurethane foam to protect nose and now I think it was not good enough for the shape of my nose or something and actual mask touched my mask and the whole thing moves when I try to open mouth or speak.

In July Denmark adapted their rules to be in line with Sweden's. Now they have the same situation as Sweden. What a surprise

Back
Top Bottom