• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

It should not but the spot is exactly where it pushed hard by the mask's metal thing. I think it got infected slightly.
Could be some sand got in between and caused scrathing.

Ah, that makes sense. It would be pretty hard for a mask itself to scratch but I can see a problem with something trapped under it.

Mask itself is pretty rough so they put polyurethane foam to protect nose and now I think it was not good enough for the shape of my nose or something and actual mask touched my mask and the whole thing moves when I try to open mouth or speak.

I've got a couple of masks like that. They were digitally printed, and the fit is fairly snug. When I talk, my chin hits the bottom and pulls it down against my nose, causing a sore spot. I don't wear them much anymore for that reason. I have a Chinese neighbor who got a lot of N95 masks from the father, who is stuck in Beijing and can't come back in the foreseeable future. The family gave us some, and they are quite adequate and much more comfortable.

Anderson Cooper runs names and ages of americans who died from COVID.
I googled a bunch of younger ones to confirm a theory that being obese/overweight is a factor.
It seems it is. All white and black people were seriously overweight/obese, few asians looked normal ( only slightly fat)

Meanwhile, governor here got infected.

Anderson Cooper runs names and ages of americans who died from COVID.
I googled a bunch of younger ones to confirm a theory that being obese/overweight is a factor.
It seems it is. All white and black people were seriously overweight/obese, few asians looked normal.

It's already been confirmed many times over. We knew this in April from analysing Italian cases. It's just been left out of media reporting because of fears they are fat shaming. This is the main reason blacks in USA are disproportionally hard hit by Covid-19. It's both sad and amusing to read articles about it and see the journalist dance around the topic saying it without saying it. If you know the fat -> Covid-19 death link these articles are rediculous. But if you read science sources they've been open about it.

That's what's so sad about the fat acceptance movement. It's litterally killing people.

My sister-in-law died early this morning from the virus in Oklahoma. She was 70 years old.

I took a second antibody test and it came back positive even after seven months since I had the disease.

My rheumatologist ordered the test because he thought I could donate blood for plasma even though I can't donate whole blood.

He told me that people who are being treated for RA with a biologic as I am have an easier course of CVID-19 than others do. They don't know why but are studying it. Could I help the study by letting them have a sample of my blood and to release my medical history to them, without identifying me by name.

So I might be alive today because I have RA.

My sister-in-law died early this morning from the virus in Oklahoma. She was 70 years old.
Condolences for your loss. 70 sounds old until your loved ones are 70, then it becomes not old enough to lose.

I took a second antibody test and it came back positive even after seven months since I had the disease.

My rheumatologist ordered the test because he thought I could donate blood for plasma even though I can't donate whole blood.

He told me that people who are being treated for RA with a biologic as I am have an easier course of CVID-19 than others do. They don't know why but are studying it. Could I help the study by letting them have a sample of my blood and to release my medical history to them, without identifying me by name.

So I might be alive today because I have RA.
That is interesting. My mother also has RA, and has terrible breathing issues which makes her uber-high risk. I don't recognize a medication on that biologic list, so I don't know if she is on a biologic.

My sister and her daughters got tested. Sister had some symptoms that had gotten worse. They mostly dissipated though and the results came back negative. I wouldn't say my sister is "high" risk, but she has a few of the markers for risk (weight, smoking).

Monitoring an outbreak at my mother’s nursing home. First sign, a case 3 weeks ago. Then another 2 weeks ago. Then last Friday 2, then after the weekend 7, then tuesday 4, then 3 on Wed and 1 on Thu, and today they announced 28. That is, I assume, the results of testing the entire facility Monday. So all of the people who were infected but not enough to register, they will show up in the next wekk or so, then all the people those people infected.

45+ cases in the nursing home as of today.

What is infuriating is a nearby outbreak at a church 4 weeks ago - where they refused to mask, and refused to cooperate with contact tracers, resulting in 80 cases that we know of. The timing is damning. The county had a drive-through test of the church, volunteer basis only, so most of the church refused, but of those tested, about 60, HALF were positive.

Fuckers. Reckless endangerment.

Monitoring an outbreak at my mother’s nursing home. First sign, a case 3 weeks ago. Then another 2 weeks ago. Then last Friday 2, then after the weekend 7, then tuesday 4, then 3 on Wed and 1 on Thu, and today they announced 28. That is, I assume, the results of testing the entire facility Monday. So all of the people who were infected but not enough to register, they will show up in the next wekk or so, then all the people those people infected.

45+ cases in the nursing home as of today.

What is infuriating is a nearby outbreak at a church 4 weeks ago - where they refused to mask, and refused to cooperate with contact tracers, resulting in 80 cases that we know of. The timing is damning. The county had a drive-through test of the church, volunteer basis only, so most of the church refused, but of those tested, about 60, HALF were positive.

The politicisation of face masks is truly bizarre.

The politicisation of face masks is truly bizarre.
I don't want to wear a mask.

Yeah... and I don't want to wear a seat belt. Wants aren't exactly a great way to decide what we should and shouldn't do to mitigate risk.

There is no need to wear a mask in some situations. Like if you are sitting outside on a park bench on your own, or strolling in an open space walking your dog. But the zealots can't stop themselves from finger wagging, shaming, scolding and posting on social media about the monster that is LITERALLY KILLING people !!!!111!! because they aren't wearing a mask.

Get over yourselves and mind your business.

Yeah, these reckless fuckers that were rampaging protesting through the streets of Hollywood last night without masks. That is never mentioned, just the monsters people going about their business, attending church.

Yeah, these reckless fuckers that were rampaging protesting through the streets of Hollywood last night without masks. That is never mentioned, just the monsters people going about their business, attending church.

Every video or photo I've seen shows almost everyone at the Hollywood protests wearing a mask. It's never mentioned because the protests have been going on for so long that everyone just assumes it will be so.

Every video or photo I've seen shows almost everyone at the Hollywood protests wearing a mask.

Behave yourself. If any are wearing masks it's because they don't want to be identified, nothing to do with being responsible citizens.

It's never mentioned because the protests have been going on for so long that everyone just assumes it will be so.

It's never mentioned because it's more virtuous to wag fingers at joggers or worshipers not wearing masks.

Every video or photo I've seen shows almost everyone at the Hollywood protests wearing a mask.

Behave yourself. If any are wearing masks it's because they don't want to be identified, nothing to do with being responsible citizens.
You mean like these fellows?
Unidentified_federal_agents%2C_Portland_July_2020.png

It's never mentioned because the protests have been going on for so long that everyone just assumes it will be so.

It's never mentioned because it's more virtuous to wag fingers at joggers or worshipers not wearing masks.

Trump's supporters are expert waggers. They'll also sit, speak, and roll over on command.

There is no need to wear a mask in some situations. Like if you are sitting outside on a park bench on your own, or strolling in an open space walking your dog. But the zealots can't stop themselves from finger wagging, shaming, scolding and posting on social media about the monster that is LITERALLY KILLING people !!!!111!! because they aren't wearing a mask.

Where I. live, no-one is concerned about someone taking a walk or sitting in a park without a mask. We just want people to wear masks when they are inside a crowded place or shopping at the grocery store. My husband takes long walks every morning without a mask but he wears one whenever he's inside and around other people, which is almost always in a grocery store. Many businesses require shoes and shirts. Why don't people cry that their freedom is being denied because they can't go to the store nude or half dressed? :rolleyes:

While most of the people in my town do wear masks in the store, we have no mask mandate, so there are always some foolish people who refuse to wear them. I just try to stay away from them. Masks aren't 100% effective but they are a lot better than nothing. And, they are the new fashion accessory too. ;)

It's also illogical to say that having to wear a mask is denying anyone their freedom. Seat belts are the law, and only idiots refuse to wear seatbelts. Idiots can be ticketed for refusing to wear seatbelts. I would like to be free of people who aren't taking any precautions to keep themselves and their neighbors from becoming infected with a potentially serious, sometimes deadly viral infection. If someone is careless and becomes infected and seriously ill, it impacts everyone's healthcare. It makes it much harder for those who work in hospitals. So, from my perspective, refusing to wear a mask and social distance while inside is a stupid, selfish thing to do.

OF course, I don't go to church because I'm an atheist, but I personally know of one person who died from getting infected at church. There have been some pastors who have died from being infected at their churches. The smarter churches in my city are still closed. I just hope that the ones that have opened up are at least requiring masks and keeping their parishioners far apart from each other. If I were a Christian, I'd be staying away from church, as most churches are offering virtual services.

So, I actually agree with you about the need to wear a mask in some situations. But, it's only common decency and consideration for others when you wear a mask in a closed environment.

You mean like these fellows?

No, I mean the violent thugs rampaging through the streets, looting, destroying property and harassing innocent people in apparent protest at something that happened nowhere near their own community and doing these things in places that they probably don't belong to.

Trump's supporters are expert waggers. They'll also sit, speak, and roll over on command.

I wouldn't know. I'm not obsessed with Trump or his supporters.

Where I. live, no-one is concerned about someone taking a walk or sitting in a park without a mask.

Where I live they (local authorities) want to give you a $200 fine for being on the bike path without a mask. Meanwhile the homeless shit in the street, openly take drugs and wander about without masks.

Back
Top Bottom