• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Wall

Looks like Trump caved or was told to cave.

Granted, just a three week kick the can crap.

Which he could have done a month ago, avoiding all this shutdown shit and hardship, and been far ahead of where he is now.

His rambling announcement about all the benefits of the wall *not included in agreement* and how he was proud of all the federal workers who supported him *not true* and that he was proud of all Americans and that this was a message to the world that the US was great *yup, our government can fix unforced errors... *waves flag*

He, and his supporters, are a gawd damned embarrassment.

Ya, three weeks from now, there isn’t going to be any wall funding. Then he’ll need to fold again, because it won’t take the FAA four weeks before they shut down air traffic again.

At least he gets to do his State of the Union speech, though.

"This is your fault."

This is your fault,” Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) told Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) at one point, according to two Republicans who attended the lunch and witnessed the exchange.

“Are you suggesting I’m enjoying this?” McConnell snapped back, according to the people who attended the lunch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/this-is-your-fault-gop-senators-clash-over-shutdown-inside-private-luncheon/2019/01/24/cde0ca22-2045-11e9-8b59-0a28f2191131_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2a31abe8bd82

The polling I've seen on the wall: about 55% of us don't want the damn thing. One poll (I think I saw it on Fortune's website) stated that 50% don't think the wall is a priority at all, and another 19% don't think it's a pressing or immediate priority. Therefore if the Little Bitch in Chief is watching his poll numbers closely, he may cave again on the 15th. I want Democrats to push for non-wall security funding. Why not call it a Virtual Wall?

So, hey, if walls block a significant amount of drugs, does that mean there are almost no drugs in jails and prisons?
I mean, those are some serious barriers, with 24/7 security, so every convicted felon must go cold turkey upon incarceration, right?

So, hey, if walls block a significant amount of drugs, does that mean there are almost no drugs in jails and prisons?
I mean, those are some serious barriers, with 24/7 security, so every convicted felon must go cold turkey upon incarceration, right?

The only person going cold turkey at this point is the ignoramus-in-chief. How is he going to sleep knowing all those drugs and terrorists are sneaking across the border?

Super dumb question, but why didn't the republicans pass the wall funding during the two years when they controlled all the branches of government?

Super dumb question, but why didn't the republicans pass the wall funding during the two years when they controlled all the branches of government?

They would need sixty votes in the senate. They didn't have it unless some dems flipped.

They would need sixty votes in the senate. They didn't have it unless some dems flipped.
Which used to be fairly standard. Draft a conservative goal, make a liberal line item part of passing it, wheel, deal, get stuff accomplished.

Now everyone acts surprised and disappointed if one side won't give you everything you ask for when they get nothing in return...

Which used to be fairly standard. Draft a conservative goal, make a liberal line item part of passing it, wheel, deal, get stuff accomplished.

Now everyone acts surprised and disappointed if one side won't give you everything you ask for when they get nothing in return...

I remember reading commentary on the SC justice picks becoming more extreme after the filibuster was eliminated.

Every time I read or hear about Trump saying something about "the Wall", I think of how prescient the "We don't need no education" lyric from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album was.

Every time I read or hear about Trump saying something about "the Wall", I think of how prescient the "We don't need no education" lyric from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album was.

I subvocalize it as "ejamication". In this case, but - yeah! :D
For some years I owned the 2" tape deck on which that album was recorded and mixed down...

All in all, Trump's just another prick with no wall.

Where was the outrage when Bill Clinton then Obongo promised to beef up the Southern border?

https://qz.com/1441730/trump-sends-troops-to-the-border-repeating-obamas-mistake/

Why would anyone be outraged about a president wanting border security angelo?
The current outrage isn't about border security, it's about a rogue president wanting a pointless, ineffective monument to his own bigotry.

Free education is something that made the US great.

Extending it to the university level would make the US even greater.

But the student loan business is big.

Too big to fail.

Tuition is rising and rising and the degree is not worth any more today then it was worth decades ago.

Things in the real world have tipping points.

Back
Top Bottom