• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The women's march shows it's true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's mere semantics. They realize that they are what Toni defines as Feminist (so am I), they just don't agree on the definition.

"Well don't you believe women should be treated fairly? Oh, well then you are a feminist!"

I wonder who once said that, complete with exclamation mark? ;)

The quoted isn't a problem in isolation. Its a problem when used, as it pretty much always is, as equivocation. For example, "Feminists" push for women to be paid "at least as much" as men (rather than equally). Somebody objects to that and the "Feminists" pushing it. Then somebody uses the quote you noted above to try to silence them or make it appear that they are or should be ok with the "Feminists" because they can be defined as a totally different meaning of the word "Feminist". I'm surprised that I have to explain that to you.

Don't apologise for having to attempt to explain things to me. Sometimes, reading them is fun. Such as that one, or the one earlier where you said that criticising feminist hypocrisy was not a complaint about feminism. That was a good one too.

And if I were to call you a regressive conservative, you would now say that you recognise that you are one, but only according to my definition, and not complain about being misrepresented. I see. Well, I'm not sure if that's a complete turnaround for the better or not, on your part, but I guess your complete turnarounds are your business.

Last edited:
The quoted isn't a problem in isolation. Its a problem when used, as it pretty much always is, as equivocation. For example, "Feminists" push for women to be paid "at least as much" as men (rather than equally). Somebody objects to that and the "Feminists" pushing it. Then somebody uses the quote you noted above to try to silence them or make it appear that they are or should be ok with the "Feminists" because they can be defined as a totally different meaning of the word "Feminist". I'm surprised that I have to explain that to you.

Right. I see.

And if I were to call you a regressive conservative, you would now say that you recognise that you are one, but only according to my definition, and not complain about being misrepresented. I see. Well, I'm not sure if that's a complete turnaround for the better or not, on your part, but hey. And don't apologise for having to attempt to explain stuff to me. Sometimes your attempted explanations are fun to read. Such as this one, or the earlier one where you said a criticism of feminist hypocrisy does not involve a complaint about feminism. That was a good one too.

Apparently you are not quite up to speed per The Reality America Show. We have so sodomized language and the usage of language that running around in semantic mindfuck circles is considered intellectual these days. The greater the degree of gaslighting, the more highbrowly intellectual. Why, we can even get to a place head space wise, wherein our concentration camps are not really concentration camps, all our war mongering across the globe is really for peace, patriarchy is feminist, and working class economic subjugation is fweedumb.

Don't apologise for having to attempt to explain things to me. Sometimes, reading them is fun. Such as that one, or the one earlier where you said that criticising feminist hypocrisy was not a complaint about feminism. That was a good one too.

Observing hypocrisy COULD involve a complaint, but it doesn't have to. Your constant insistence on telling other people what they think is what I find amusing.

And if I were to call you a regressive conservative, you would now say that you recognise that you are one, but only according to my definition, and not complain about being misrepresented.

That entirely depends on if you were doing so to equivocate, which I am certain you would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have so sodomized language

Whats your issue with sodomy? You must be some religious homophobic nutjob? See, I can play your game too.

Also, you USA people sure are a violent bloothirsty lot who like to bomb brown people like me, aren't you? See, I can play that game of yours too.

I don't believe her statement that the majority of public seating everywhere is too tall for the vast majority of women and that their feet dangle. That's an insane claim. I know some people whose legs dangle on some kinds of seats but they are the vanishing minority, not a vast majority.

I didn't say dangling legs were not uncomfortable. I find ludicrous the idea that the vast majority of seating leaves the vast majority of women with dangling legs. I cannot and do not believe it.

This has nothing to do with public seating but if you want a whinge-off on who has it more difficult - the exceptionally short versus the exceptionally tall - I guarantee you, shortie, will lose.

Just ask the tall man near you to do it. I guarantee you we take pity on the short and often help them out.

Perhaps people in Australia are taller? Perhaps you haven’t notice Cel as much because it’s not an issue for you. One does tend to be more aware of issues we deal with ourselves. Sure, sometimes taller people help shorter people and sometimes shorter people help taller ones or ones who are not so flexible or have an injury or disability or a child or are helping someone who does. But—there are not always tall men around when you want one and they are not always so quick to help anyone else, being quick to help themselves. Taller women are more likely to offer help. Short women, for that matter. At least for those of us who are past the ‘hot’ stage and not yet too grandma looking. Do not get me started on how white American men act around pregnant women on public transport!!!! They look absolutely horrified and panicked, as though you are about to go int labor and pop out a baby any second and THEY’LL have to deal with it. As if I’d let one touch me or my baby. OTOH, my experience was that men of color and men with foreign accents were very helpful and complimentary and full of good wishes and encouragement and offers of help if they thought you might need something.

Clearly you don't quite understand, we should all look to the tall white male for everything, they're feeling very fragile at the moment, especially the downtrodden white american male.

Observing hypocrisy COULD involve a complaint, but it doesn't have to. Your constant insistence on telling other people what they think is what I find amusing.

And if I were to call you a regressive conservative, you would now say that you recognise that you are one, but only according to my definition, and not complain about being misrepresented.

That entirely depends on if you were doing so to equivocate, which I am certain you would be.

One might point that out to you as a matter of empirical observation based upon your own words/posts. But hell, you'd just equivocate, so, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly you don't quite understand, we should all look to the tall white male for everything, they're feeling very fragile at the moment, especially the downtrodden white american male.

You forgot straight and cis, or maybe you didn't want to mention those because that includes yourself?

We have so sodomized language

Whats your issue with sodomy? You must be some religious homophobic nutjob? See, I can play your game too.

Also, you USA people sure are a violent bloothirsty lot who like to bomb brown people like me, aren't you? See, I can play that game of yours too.

If you're triggered by that word I won't ask why, just feel free to swap out "sodomized" for "obliterated" and see if you find comfort. Why yes, america is a nation founded upon violence, slaughter and the continuing subjugation of black, brown and poor folk the world over. Don't we all know this?

You forgot straight and cis, or maybe you didn't want to mention those because that includes yourself?

Not following, are you? Whiteness in america provides an advantage afforded to gay men as well as straight or cis, does it not? Are you feeling offended?

Not following, are you? Whiteness in america provides an advantage afforded to gay men as well as straight or cis, does it not? Are you feeling offended?

I'm neither white nor straight nor from the USA, so no, I'm not. Are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom