• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

There are No Conscientious Explanations to Disprove the Proof for God and Jesus Being God

When all possibilities exist, and one views the various paths that can be selected from, which will result in various outcomes, one makes the first tick of time by selecting the path that one knows is best out of all paths.

This.

When all possibilities exist, and one views the various paths that can be selected from, which will result in various outcomes, one makes the first tick of time by selecting the path that one knows is best out of all paths.

This.

Are you quoting something? please source it if so.

How does one "select" something without time? For a "selection" to occur, once must start at a state of undecidedness (how very imperfect, by the way), and then change state to decidedness. For a state to change, time must exist.

E = h * f
h is a constant
f is frequency -- repetition per unit time

As long as E is nonzero there must be time.

This.
Are you quoting something? please source it if so.
No.
How does one "select" something without time?... For a state to change, time must exist.
I've been arguing the same (italicized) over in the infinite regress timeline thread. I'm not sure that applies to what I've been saying in this thread.

If you look at my previous statements in this thread, I've been talking about beings that are outside of our timeline, rather than beings that are outside of time completely. And when one starts a simulation, or creates a universe, the universe can be created with a first condition (a first tick of the clock, so to speak).

It's like we both started with 3383 archived posts here at TFT. You're my evil twin!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tc1Uz_MlY[/YOUTUBE]

Strike of the beast was always my favorite. May I work happily. I do look more like the evil one. hahahahahaaha

If a god is incomprehensible, then statements of the form "God is good" become meaningless, as the person making them can have no basis for making them.

From William of Okham and others, All we can know about God is what we are told by revelation. And what we can logically deduce from that information.

I'd just like a conscientious explanation (no unconscientious explanations, please) of how snakes ever walked and talked. Thank you. I'll go out for a latte while the explanations come in.

I'd just like a conscientious explanation (no unconscientious explanations, please) of how snakes ever walked and talked. Thank you. I'll go out for a latte while the explanations come in.
Talking, yes, that's a conundrum, but I don't think the Bible claims they ever walked, it only implies that they did not crawl before the well-known unfortunate events. Maybe they jumped around in an upright position like a pogo stick.

It's like we both started with 3383 archived posts here at TFT. You're my evil twin!

Strike of the beast was always my favorite. May I work happily. I do look more like the evil one. hahahahahaaha

OMG, I guess you are Bizzaro Mal. Do you have a goatee?

Talking, yes, that's a conundrum, but I don't think the Bible claims they ever walked, it only implies that they did not crawl before the well-known unfortunate events. Maybe they jumped around in an upright position like a pogo stick.

Or rolled, in a hoop...

http://blog.al.com/strange-alabama/2012/04/hoop_snakes_are_no_hula_hoops.html

Back
Top Bottom