• Welcome to the Internet Infidels Discussion Board.

This is hilarious.

There's always been this funny contradiction with C.S. Lewis and evangelicals, because their missionary zeal requires them to embrace any public intellectual willing to associate themselves with non-denominational Chrisrianity, but he also said and wrote a lot of things that would normally upset them. Like casting an animal as Jesus instead of a white man. Putting them in the humilatingly stupid position of trying to act outraged that the "wrong sort of person" is voicing a giant cat guy. Last I heard, Streep is a mezzo, and should be perfectly capable of emulating the vocal range of your average adult male lion.
 
Last edited:
Look at the white male actors who have played famous Native American figures in the movies. I laugh when I watch one today.


To me the nighest laugh is casting Jesus as a blonde haired blued eyed white guy.

Hollywood does not deal in reality.
 
Saw a puff piece by a conservative buffoon claiming that the casting runs “counter to the entire purpose of the story", and I have to wonder what on earth these people think the key themes of the book even are? Boys have peepees and girls have wawas? I am pretty sure CS Lewis was not thinking about trans people one way or the next when he was writing his book, let alone intentionally setting up screaming paranoid anti-trans rhetoric at children as "the entire purpose" of his children's story. Fucking perverts.
 
Last edited:
Look at the white male actors who have played famous Native American figures in the movies. I laugh when I watch one today.


To me the nighest laugh is casting Jesus as a blonde haired blued eyed white guy.

Hollywood does not deal in reality.
You haven’t lived unless you’ve seen John Wayne as Genghis Khan.
 
Look at the white male actors who have played famous Native American figures in the movies. I laugh when I watch one today.


To me the nighest laugh is casting Jesus as a blonde haired blued eyed white guy.

Hollywood does not deal in reality.
You haven’t lived unless you’ve seen John Wayne as Genghis Khan.
Yeah. And there was an Australian actor, Michael Pate, who Hollywood often slathered in make-up and used to portray American Indians.

Evidently "not one of us" was the criterion.

It might have been easier to employ someone with the right genes.
 
Look at the white male actors who have played famous Native American figures in the movies. I laugh when I watch one today.


To me the nighest laugh is casting Jesus as a blonde haired blued eyed white guy.

Hollywood does not deal in reality.
You haven’t lived unless you’ve seen John Wayne as Genghis Khan.
Thanks for starting my Sunday with a big belly laugh, I remember that one.

1790504345948.png
 
I seem to remember Joey Bishop portraying an Indian.
This kind of thing was a dime-a-dozen in pre-1980's TV and film. Less common these days. Its amusing watching stuff from back then knowing it would never pass in today's world. Like this famous Gilligan's Island episode, featuring character actor Vitto Scotti who was the go-to guy when it came to playing just about any ethnic character.

 
Back
Top Bottom