• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This Trump shit has been going on a LOT longer than I had realized

Now that is interesting.

There is so much TDS going around (which is understandable) that some posters here make assumptions that are overly broad and get stung when they are wrong about the facts of a particular case.

But for pro Trumpers to Crow over TDS inspired overreach is very lame. Trump can be nailed for a lot of provable things, even for actual middle class and poorer white racists Trump is a disaster. The whole thing is bonkers.Trump is no Father Coughlin or Huey Long.

Trump is a much more racist Mitt Romney.

I think that Romney means well enough. His vision may be limited to what benefits people who are like him, but I don't think he's actually malicious. Romney also isn't as morally bankrupt or as mentally incompetent as Trump, but then, so few are. Even that dog story--which is awful and was enough to ensure I'd never vote for him, was more ignorance than malice. Today? I'd vote for Romney over Trump --or Pence in less than a heartbeat. I'd vote for a pile of dog shit over Trump, tho.

Yep, nothing like saying "Trump's dad was racist so that means Trump is racist!"

Extreme fail at Logic 101. TDS should be a certified mental illness at this point.

parents are practically the sole source of racist indoctrination. I agree that one does not necessitate the other, but it has historically shown to be a strong indicator.

That one broke every irony meter that ever existed and will break every irony meter that will ever exist.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

You guys are insane. You are looking to Trump's dad as proof Trump is racist, as if they both have a hive mind or something.

When has the right EVER went after Obama's father and said, "Obama's father believed x! This means Obama does too!"

Every single time he did something crazy... which a worm can count on its fingers.

There is sufficient evidence from the current Mr. Trump's documented speech, tweets, utterings and actions life to indicate he is a bigot. It is not surprising he may have learned it from his daddy.

When has the right EVER went after Obama's father and said, "Obama's father believed x! This means Obama does too!"
Whataboutism is a tool for mental incompetents and those suffering from the most virulent strain of TDS - unthinking adoration of their fuhrer.

First, that's not what the OP did (it never said Trump's dad is a racist so Trump is too - it said the Trump crap has been going on for generations). That said, ARE YOU SUFFERING DEMENTIA? They continuously attacked Obama and accused Obama's father of all kinds of crap, even though Obama didn't even have a relationship with his father. Can't say the same for Donnie.

HL's attempt to derail discussions that lean away from his preferred worldview are against forum rules. Rather than respond to his derails, you should report them so they can be placed where they belong... then you can respond to them in the split conversation moved to Elsewhere, if you want. But please stop allowing disinterested parties to derail your chosen topic. I responded to a hypothetical, hoping it would come to alignment with the topic. My bad, prolly.

Back
Top Bottom