• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $778. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

This week in trans: first "female" four-star admiral in U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is a man

Metaphor

Contributor
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/19/1047423156/rachel-levine-first-transgender-four-star-officer
Dr. Rachel Levine is once again making history, becoming the first openly transgender four-star officer to serve in any of the country's eight uniformed services.

During a ceremony Tuesday, Levine was sworn in as an admiral — the highest-ranking official of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. Levine's appointment to the USPHS Commissioned Corps also made her the organization's first female four-star admiral.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...nder-four-star-admiral-public-health-service/
Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health,wassworn in Tuesday as an admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, a 6,000-person force that responds to health crises on behalf of the federal government, including administering coronavirus vaccines and delivering care after hurricanes. Levine is also theorganization’s first-ever femalefour-star admiral.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...-first-transgender-four-star-officer-rcna3283
Levine, the assistant secretary of health, was sworn in Tuesday as an admiral, the highest-ranking official of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, whose 6,000 uniformed officers are entrusted with protecting the nation's public health. Levine's appointment also made her the organization's first female four-star officer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-rachel-levine-now-first-142436504.html
Admiral Levine now serves as the highest-ranking official in the USPHS Commissioned Corps and its first-ever female four-star admiral. Admiral Levine will lead 6,000 Public Health Service officers who are dedicated to serving our nation’s most underserved and vulnerable populations.

I feel Levine should be in the media for a much more interesting reason: the first mammal in history to change sex from male to female. Why this isn't in Nature or JAMA I'm sure I don't know.

Trausti

Contributor
Fun fact: Admiral Levine is now the second U.S. four-star (joining Gen. Mark Milley) to have played on the 1975 varsity football team at Massachusetts' all-boys Belmont Hill School.

thebeave

Veteran Member
Is the novelty of declaring that "so-and-so is the first <insert non-cis white male here> to be the head of <insert random job category>" ever going to wear off with the left and their useful idiots (the mainstream media)? Its worthy of mention when its an achieved position, like say our first AA POTUS Barack Obama who actually campaigned hard and smart and had to win over voters, but when its an appointed position that seems pretty obviously done largely for the sake of checking a diversity box, its not really much cause for celebration, is it? Its kinda like me bragging that for the first time ever in my life, I finally have a mahogany table in my house after years of only oak and pine furniture. Well, its because I decided to buy a mahogany table and bring it in. Not that impressive, in reality.

Jarhyn

Contributor
So, it seems apparent to me that trans people will be attaining milestones before cis people achieve the same milestones.

Part of this comes down to the reality of institutional sexism: the population of "eggs" that have gotten to high attainment because they got there with the aspects that discriminators filter on hidden, make it so that this population has a "bait and switch" that is not available for cis persons in general, against the goals of the discriminators.

This thing the right is complaining about, that the "first" woman to be "____" generally has a penis, is just loose and noisy evidence of the ubiquity of patriarchy in work spaces, and the continued difficulties of anyone not "cis, white, man".

I might point out though that like all the other discussion on the topic, it wasn't anyone "on the left", at least here, that dug up and sounded the horn on the mountain that this event came to pass.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Global failure against Covid-19 results in endemic existence of multiple strains of virus that has potential to overwhelm health care systems...

...wait....

OMFG, someone that is Transgender achieved something!

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Global failure against Covid-19 results in endemic existence of multiple strains of virus that has potential to overwhelm health care systems...
...wait....
Old man starts talking to a kid that's waiting with him at a bus stop. "See that bridge over there? I have designed and built 10 bridges in this country. Do they call me Thomas the Bridge Builder? No!
"See that high-rise apartment building? I've built 20 apartment buildings in this state. Do they call me Thomas the Apartment Builder? No!
"See this bus stop? I have installed 42 bus stops in this city! Do they call me Thomas Bus Stop Maker? Of course not!
"But you fuck ONE goat...."

Jarhyn

Contributor

...wait....

To be fair, just like we can spare time to investigate Russia for playing political fuck-fuck games even while China threatens the world with hypersonic nukes, we CAN discuss grievances of persons concerning trans issues while we discuss COVIDIOCY.

It just happens that this discussion is just so fucking stupid and repetitive, and one side keeps pulling up red herrings so as to be critical of trans persons rather than just simply celebrating and acknowledging their existence and being happy for them.

Trausti

Contributor
18b8615655af3a2c.jpeg

laughing dog

Contributor
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a thread titled "Genitalia Alert" where interested parties can point out the genitalia type of a person in the news to help all those who otherwise would be confused?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
The speaker's toe aren't spread.

Also, why are we talking about toes now? Is this the new undetached earlobes among mass shooters for Transgenders?

Metaphor

Contributor
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a thread titled "Genitalia Alert" where interested parties can point out the genitalia type of a person in the news to help all those who otherwise would be confused?

No. I'm not interested in Rachel Levine's genitalia. I'm interested in the media calling a human male, 'female'.

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
So, it seems apparent to me that trans people will be attaining milestones before cis people achieve the same milestones.

Part of this comes down to the reality of institutional sexism: the population of "eggs" that have gotten to high attainment because they got there with the aspects that discriminators filter on hidden, make it so that this population has a "bait and switch" that is not available for cis persons in general, against the goals of the discriminators.

This thing the right is complaining about, that the "first" woman to be "____" generally has a penis, is just loose and noisy evidence of the ubiquity of patriarchy in work spaces, and the continued difficulties of anyone not "cis, white, man".

You're not wrong.

Is it any wonder that a fair number of ovarians are displeased by the accolades for the "first female XXX" being granted to a testiculator?

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
Just gonna toss in here that the class of coronaviruses is already endemic in the human species, and has been for as long as we've been human. Same is true for the class of rhinoviruses and influenza viruses.

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant
More importantly, which people in that picture had penises and which had vaginas?
The first person in a dress on the left is a male who possesses a penis.

Outside of conscious effort, the position of feet is influenced by the shape and tilt of the pelvis. It generally ends up that subconscious positioning creates diverging feet in males and parallel feet in females. There are always exceptions, generally based on training and muscle memory, as well as intentional effort.

laughing dog

Contributor

No. I'm not interested in Rachel Levine's genitalia. I'm interested in the media calling a human male, 'female'.
Of course you interested in the genitailia. How else can you stomp feet and declare someone's sex?

Metaphor

Contributor

Why?

I have been fascinated by the implications of controlling language since I read Nineteen Eighty-Four in high school. At first, I found it a preposterous idea that just because you didn't know the word freedom, you could not conceive of it. But my background in psychology, and my experience over the past five or six years has freshly alerted me to the Orwellian manipulation of language rife in the West.

Levine is not female, but multiple major news sources used that description for him. I suppose I must accept that the domination of trans ideology is (if not yet complete), inevitable. But it does not mean I have to go gentle into that good night.

laughing dog

Contributor
More importantly, which people in that picture had penises and which had vaginas?
The first person in a dress on the left is a male who possesses a penis.
Because the feet are splayed? How about podium speaker with the parallel feet but dressed in a man's suit?
Outside of conscious effort, the position of feet is influenced by the shape and tilt of the pelvis. It generally ends up that subconscious positioning creates diverging feet in males and parallel feet in females. There are always exceptions, generally based on training and muscle memory, as well as intentional effort.
For a long time, I have wondered about what determines or influences that. Frankly, from my long-term observation, I say your explanation is unconvincing.

Metaphor

Contributor

Of course you interested in the genitailia. How else can you stomp feet and declare someone's sex?

I am not 'stomping my feet'. Rachel Levine is male, because he is of the sex that produces small, motile gametes, and indeed fathered two children with them.

none

Banned
Unfortunately this boils down to consideration.
Some people are just inconsiderate.
They have the privilege of being inconsiderate.
I have that privilege too, big deal.
You want a medal because it affects your feelings to be considerate?
Oh that's not fair, why?
Because you're selfish, who cares.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member

I have been fascinated by the implications of controlling language since I read Nineteen Eighty-Four in high school. At first, I found it a preposterous idea that just because you didn't know the word freedom, you could not conceive of it. But my background in psychology, and my experience over the past five or six years has freshly alerted me to the Orwellian manipulation of language rife in the West.

Levine is not female, but multiple major news sources used that description for him. I suppose I must accept that the domination of trans ideology is (if not yet complete), inevitable. But it does not mean I have to go gentle into that good night.

So acknowledging trans people will lead to totalitarianism and Big Brother. Gotcha...

:rolleyes:

Metaphor

Contributor

So acknowledging trans people will lead to totalitarianism and Big Brother. Gotcha...

Acknowledging that trans people exist and are trans will not lead to totalitarianism. Indeed, the entire point is that Rachel Levine is not a woman but a transwoman, and transwomen are male. If Levine were female, he wouldn't be a transwoman.

laughing dog

Contributor

I am not 'stomping my feet'. Rachel Levine is male, because he is of the sex that produces small, motile gametes, and indeed fathered two children with them.
Sure Jan.

BTW, if you are upset about a newspaper refers to someone, it will be more productive to write than to embarrass yourself here.

Jarhyn

Contributor

I might note, Emily and Metaphor are using the term "female" here as the impugned descriptor in the news.

Does the news coverage, on the left and also in general, ACTUALLY use the term "female" or rather is the term in use "woman" and they are just lying for Jesus to create some spin?

Metaphor

Contributor

Sure Jan.

BTW, if you are upset about a newspaper refers to someone, it will be more productive to write than to embarrass yourself here.

But it is not any single paper, as I hoped was clear from the OP.

I am not embarrassed by my OPs.

Metaphor

Contributor

I might note, Emily and Metaphor are using the term "female" here as the impugned descriptor in the news.

Does the news coverage, on the left and also in general, ACTUALLY use the term "female" or rather is the term in use "woman" and they are just lying for Jesus to create some spin?

Jarhyn's relentless fucking ignorance.

Keith&Co.

Contributor

Sure Jan.

I no longer produce small motile gametes. Am no longer male? Opens up gift giving possibilities for xmas. I do not 'already have' a purse, for example.

Metaphor

Contributor
Sure Jan.

I no longer produce small motile gametes. Am no longer male? Opens up gift giving possibilities for xmas. I do not 'already have' a purse, for example.

You are male because you were born male and mammals cannot change sex. You are of the sex that produces small motile gametes. This has been discussed a dozen times or more, and in depth by Emily Lake in several threads.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Just gonna toss in here that the class of coronaviruses is already endemic in the human species, and has been for as long as we've been human. Same is true for the class of rhinoviruses and influenza viruses.

Except those things kill at least a magnitude fewer people to render such an observation as mute.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member

Acknowledging that trans people exist and are trans will not lead to totalitarianism.

Thank goodness. You had me scared there for a minute.

Indeed, the entire point is that Rachel Levine is not a woman but a transwoman, and transwomen are male. If Levine were female, he wouldn't be a transwoman.

Uh oh. Now the secret's out.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Must be hell getting directions from militant originalists.
"Turn left at the Pizza Hut." A direction i miss because the building in question hasn't offered food service in ten years and is now a Spirit Halloween.

"Ask the redhead." But everyone in the office is currently blonde, and i lack access to their follicular DNA.

"Talk to Merthyn." The name he went by as a child, but shifted to his middle name, Mark, because no one in Idaho knew how to pronounce Merthyn and he was tired of being called Mart, Mert, Wart, Merlin, and Thynda. Now he won't even turn if you call out for Merthyn.

Jarhyn

Contributor

Jarhyn, do you feel replaced? There were 4 4-star generals in the US Public Health Service prior to Levine. Listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...Service_Commissioned_Corps_four-star_admirals
So, you don't have to worry too much.

I don't really care. Honestly, such headlines are a lot of fluff about nothing other than saying "people who have been conforming all their lives are finally exercising, feel free to exercise, the right to break from that specific conformity."

It's just a statistical fact that I note, that it's more likely given the extreme overrepresentation of cismen in high ranking positions, that it will be more likely to see women entering them through transition via the bait/switch than to fight through the glass ceiling after "hatching".

The glass ceiling is still very much in tact despite some women having a "clever" (if degrading and painful to execute) exploit to bypass it.

That is what I was holding this up as evidence of.

It may even make for the first useful reason to note sex rather than gender: when female achievement reaches parity with trans-woman achievement, we may have finally reached a point where "the glass ceiling" can be said to be over.

laughing dog

Contributor
Sure Jan.

But it is not any single paper, as I hoped was clear from the OP.
If the postage expense that is stopping you., start a Go Fund Me page. Because this is not achieving your stated goal.
I am not embarrassed by my OPs.
Your ability to consistently miss the point is amazing.

Emily Lake

Might be a replicant

I shall reiterate once more that identification of a person as male or female by facial features alone is well over 90%. Secondary and tertiary sex characteristics cluster extraordinarily strongly into clear male and female categorization. Facial recognition software has a greater than 90% accuracy rate with respect to sex... which rather upsets some transgender people who feel that the technology is transphobic because it misgenders them by recognizing their biological sex.

There is no need to see Levine's genitals to clearly see she is male.

Top Bottom