• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This week in trans: first "female" four-star admiral in U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is a man

Well that's an absurd bit of pretense.
The absurd bit of pretense was the idiotic picture with that claim about the feet. I was mocking it.
You can be unconvinced all you want. It doesn't alter the fact that male and female pelvises are physically different. This produces a difference in the angle between the hip and the femur, as well as between the femur and the tibia. That difference in angle produces different stances at rest as well as observably different gaits. A person can learn to alter their natural stance or gait, but the reality is that natural stance and gait is determined by the pelvis' relation to the legs.
I don't doubt the geometric and biological influences on stances. I doubt the generalization about the effect on the angle of the feet.

My feet are parallel and I have not had to do a thing. The people I know - male and female - whose foot angles do not follow that claim have not altered their natural stance or gait.

Is the novelty of declaring that "so-and-so is the first <insert non-cis white male here> to be the head of <insert random job category>" ever going to wear off with the left and their useful idiots (the mainstream media)? Its worthy of mention when its an achieved position, like say our first AA POTUS Barack Obama who actually campaigned hard and smart and had to win over voters, but when its an appointed position that seems pretty obviously done largely for the sake of checking a diversity box, its not really much cause for celebration, is it? Its kinda like me bragging that for the first time ever in my life, I finally have a mahogany table in my house after years of only oak and pine furniture. Well, its because I decided to buy a mahogany table and bring it in. Not that impressive, in reality.

That's it, isn't it. Is it diversity because we're not more meritocratic. Or is it for it's own sake. It's impossible to say as an outsider. No matter our position on this we will look at it and think it's evidence for that we were correct all along.

It's an interesting conundrum

Well that's an absurd bit of pretense.
The absurd bit of pretense was the idiotic picture with that claim about the feet. I was mocking it.
You can be unconvinced all you want. It doesn't alter the fact that male and female pelvises are physically different. This produces a difference in the angle between the hip and the femur, as well as between the femur and the tibia. That difference in angle produces different stances at rest as well as observably different gaits. A person can learn to alter their natural stance or gait, but the reality is that natural stance and gait is determined by the pelvis' relation to the legs.
I don't doubt the geometric and biological influences on stances. I doubt the generalization about the effect on the angle of the feet.

My feet are parallel and I have not had to do a thing. The people I know - male and female - whose foot angles do not follow that claim have not altered their natural stance or gait.

This is Emily not understanding yet again that the thing that changes how someone's feet are positioned is the shape of their pelvis not the shape of their genitals, and the comorbidity is just a trap of confounding data.

If your question is "how does someone stand" the answer is "look at their feet while they are standing", not "look at their junk".

If the question is "what junk does someone have", THEN the answer is "look at their junk." Even so, you should ask yourself WHY you are asking that question and whether you will be slapped (or shot) over trying to get answers

And let's be clear, I will slap someone or worse should they try to find out.

You know, this whole toes thing is funny. When I was young a lot of kids noticed that my own toes turn in "an unexpected way" and then made such differences the basis for teasing. And here we are again grown adults making (not even greatly) noticable cosmetic differences the basis for teasing.

Unfortunately this boils down to consideration.
Some people are just inconsiderate.
They have the privilege of being inconsiderate.
I have that privilege too, big deal.
You want a medal because it affects your feelings to be considerate?
Oh that's not fair, why?
Because you're selfish, who cares.

What's your opinion on a male-bodied person, with intact and fully functional male genitalia, being placed in a female prison cell because that transwoman was given a *choice* about their accommodation that was denied to people who do not identify as trans? Is the female being a privileged inconsiderate person if they don't want to share sensitive and vulnerable space with someone who could forcibly rape them?

Oh because they will be treated better?
You are afraid of rape in prison? Really?
You want to discuss rape in prison now?
Carry that flag...

Takes a man to shatter the glass ceiling for women.

It would be pretty hard for a woman to have reached that position yet--they haven't been allowed to serve for long enough.

What? This new four-star admiral had no prior experience whatsoever.

Apparently the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is a branch of the military. I wasn't aware, either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Public_Health_Service_Commissioned_Corps

Levine served as Pennsylvania's Physician General and as Pennsylvania's Secretary of Health. She was nominated by Biden and confirmed to be assistant secretary of health.

Unfortunately this boils down to consideration.
Some people are just inconsiderate.
They have the privilege of being inconsiderate.
I have that privilege too, big deal.
You want a medal because it affects your feelings to be considerate?
Oh that's not fair, why?
Because you're selfish, who cares.

What's your opinion on a male-bodied person, with intact and fully functional male genitalia, being placed in a female prison cell because that transwoman was given a *choice* about their accommodation that was denied to people who do not identify as trans? Is the female being a privileged inconsiderate person if they don't want to share sensitive and vulnerable space with someone who could forcibly rape them?

She brings that up in nearly every thread. And I mean like it is a cut and paste she has in a Word Doc that is never closed. Probably could search "intact and fully functional male genitalia"... in quotes, and that'll shoot out a number of hits for them on this board.

She brings that up in nearly every thread. And I mean like it is a cut and paste she has in a Word Doc that is never closed. Probably could search "intact and fully functional male genitalia"... in quotes, and that'll shoot out a number of hits for them on this board.

So, I wasn't going to do this... But now...

"Just search the forum for keyword: rape user: Emily Lake. You're going to see a pattern emerge. They're mostly trans threads, and then some rare threads about colleges. Why is the intersection between these two subjects (trans) and (rape) so complete?"

Literally 100% of the last 15 threads in which she has mentioned rape are about trans people.

Using rape as a rhetorical cudgel is fucking vile.

I might notice she seems rather disinterested when the subject is the elevation of actual prominent rapists.

This week in trans: first &quot;female&quot; four-star admiral in U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is a man

Not just trans people, but trans people with fully intact and functional male genitalia being put with women in prison.

Emily has made it clear she doesn’t want to see men and their fully intact and functional male genitalia (unless when she does?).

Personally I agree, as I don’t want to see any male naked either. But I keep gettin brought up on sex crime charges when I try and change in the women’s locker room.

I tell the staff I’m not there to gawk, I didn’t want to see naked men. Then they tell me to ‘grow the fuck up’.

That is usually when the cops arrive. Man, I’m running out of rec centers.

Not just trans people, but trans people with fully intact and functional male genitalia being put with women in prison.

Emily has made it clear she doesn’t want to see men and their fully intact and functional male genitalia (unless when she does?).

Personally I agree, as I don’t want to see any male naked either. But I keep gettin brought up on sex crime charges when I try and change in the women’s locker room.

I tell the staff I’m not there to gawk, I didn’t want to see naked men. Then they tell me to ‘grow the fuck up’.

That is usually when the cops arrive. Man, I’m running out of rec centers.

Men don't have the right to not see naked men in their sex-segregated changing spaces, and that includes you. Sorry.

You bring up a great point. Covid-19 is still causing problems and isn’t remotely like the common cold.

This is pretty much equivalent to saying that the Spanish Flu isn't remotely like the flu.

And for most people, Covid-19 actually is just a nasty chest cold. About 80% of people who get it have very minor symptoms. But a higher-than-normal (by quite a bit) percentage get much more severe symptoms.

I'm not trying to minimize the risk of Covid-19. It is a dangerous variant (at least three of the mutations are). *If* you experience severe symptoms, there's a much higher than historical likelihood of you ending up admitted to the hospital, being sick for a much longer time than most coronavirus colds, and having long term lung damage, and there's a materially higher risk of death.

I am, however, trying to quell some of the panicmongering. Everyone who can get vaccinated *should* get vaccinated in my opinion. But I am also aware that we cannot vaccinate everyone on the planet fast enough to actually completely eradicate this virus. It will mutate faster than we can accomplish that goal.

Anyone remember that last time nearly one million people were killed by an easily transmitted disease and people said, ‘Hey, it ain’t so bad.’

:rolleyes: I didn't say it wasn't bad. But this class of viruses *is* endemic to our species, and it *will* remain endemic. It *will* mutate faster than we can possibly vaccinate. The good news is that it will most likely mutate to a *less damaging* strain, hopefully soon.

It's not realistic to pretend that we can actually eradicate this virus in the same way we've done with polio, small pox, etc. It mutates too easily and too frequently. But the vast majority of viruses in this class are not particularly dangerous, so there's a really good chance it will revert to that mean.

Takes a man to shatter the glass ceiling for women.

It would be pretty hard for a woman to have reached that position yet--they haven't been allowed to serve for long enough.

Baloney. There have been three female (as in people with vaginas and ovaries and such) four star generals in the *actual* armed forces. They earned their ranks against a LOT of barriers.

This, however, is an *appointed* position, to a non-military post.

This is Emily not understanding yet again that the thing that changes how someone's feet are positioned is the shape of their pelvis not the shape of their genitals, and the comorbidity is just a trap of confounding data.

If your question is "how does someone stand" the answer is "look at their feet while they are standing", not "look at their junk".

If the question is "what junk does someone have", THEN the answer is "look at their junk." Even so, you should ask yourself WHY you are asking that question and whether you will be slapped (or shot) over trying to get answers

And let's be clear, I will slap someone or worse should they try to find out.

You know, this whole toes thing is funny. When I was young a lot of kids noticed that my own toes turn in "an unexpected way" and then made such differences the basis for teasing. And here we are again grown adults making (not even greatly) noticable cosmetic differences the basis for teasing.

This is an absolutely, 100% irrational and ridiculous response. I was LITERALLY talking about pelvis shape.

It's not my fault that you are ignorant of the differences in pelvis that are sex-linked results of a dimorphic species.

Back
Top Bottom