• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tin Foil Hat Time: possible Trump impeachment?

LordKiran

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
In a single statement? Pff
So this is an idea I've on-and-off mulled over for a while, and what if the repubs are setting up Trump just so they can slit his throat at the last minute and install President Pence? I mean it sounds more or less plausible and they may bank on a majority of the country just being happy it's not Trump or Clinton and will willingly settle for Pence if that's the case.

Thoughts?

What is going to happen with the Trump University case?
He is guilty, usually he just settles cases, but there is the University and his Foundation. Is it impeachable?

The only way Trump isn't President for four years is the RNC cuts his legs out from under him and leaks something very damaging.

The notion that Donald Trump's victory is the result of some sort of cunning Republican plan is even lamer than the notion that it's the result of some kind of cunning Democratic plan.

Impeachment is off the table. Any judgment against him will be ignored and railed against as one more example of a rigged system of elites trying to do an end run around the will of the American people and the GOP congress isn't going to do something that will piss off the people who come out and vote in their primaries. We need to resign ourselves to four years of this guy - or eight if the Dems obstinately refuse to learn any lessons from this.

The notion that Donald Trump's victory is the result of some sort of cunning Republican plan is even lamer than the notion that it's the result of some kind of cunning Democratic plan.
That is not true. The AM Radio crew we synchronized with the RNC. All of them pushed hard to support the idea Trump would win and they should vote. Especially Medveds and Pragers who needed to explain how a vote for Trump was more a vote for the Supreme Court.

That is not true. The AM Radio crew we synchronized with the RNC. All of them pushed hard to support the idea Trump would win and they should vote. Especially Medveds and Pragers who needed to explain how a vote for Trump was more a vote for the Supreme Court.

Ya, but not so they could then get rid of him and have their own guy in charge.

I wasn't saying that was the plan, just that it was more likely than any sort of impeachment because of Trump University.

So this is an idea I've on-and-off mulled over for a while, and what if the repubs are setting up Trump just so they can slit his throat at the last minute and install President Pence? I mean it sounds more or less plausible and they may bank on a majority of the country just being happy it's not Trump or Clinton and will willingly settle for Pence if that's the case.

Thoughts?

I predicted that almost a month ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't saying that was the plan, just that it was more likely than any sort of impeachment because of Trump University.

Isn't the Trump University thing a civil case, not criminal? Don't know and too jaded to bother to look.

I can see factions in the Republican Party wanting Trump gone as soon as he's done what they want him to do.

I don't see any of them having the balls to do it. Remember, every one of them will be up against a primary challenge in a few years.

I can see factions in the Republican Party wanting Trump gone as soon as he's done what they want him to do.

I don't see any of them having the balls to do it. Remember, every one of them will be up against a primary challenge in a few years.

Most of them will likely lose anyway.

And that might give them the balls to do it. But, I reckon most would find it easier and safer to kiss Trump's ass and hope for his endorsement. He totally is in a position to play Celebrity Apprentice with the House.

What were they planning on impeaching Clinton for?

Off the top of my head for likely Trump offences that he could commit or people could believe he had committed:
Sexual Assault.
Improper relations with a foreign power (Russia)
Abuse of power for monetary gain (I totally think he is going to do this, and think anyone who doesn't is a fool)
Abuse of power to settle scores with his enemies (one of his spokespeople has more or less already threatened this)

IF Johnson can be impeached for an improper cabinet appointment, Bill C. can be impeached for consensual sex, Nixon can be impeached for abuse of power, and Hillary C. can be impeached for security breaches, any one of these things can be used by a hostile congress to sink Trump.

The 'best case' for Trump would be him saying: "I won't admit guilt, because I've never met these people before in my life, but I will settle the case because I'm super rich and can bigly afford this and we don't need the distraction once I become the most tremendous President in history."

Off the top of my head for likely Trump offences that he could commit or people could believe he had committed:
Sexual Assault.
Abuse of power for monetary gain (I totally think he is going to do this, and think anyone who doesn't is a fool)
Abuse of power to settle scores with his enemies (one of his spokespeople has more or less already threatened this)

IF Johnson can be impeached for an improper cabinet appointment, Bill C. can be impeached for consensual sex, Nixon can be impeached for abuse of power, and Hillary C. can be impeached for security breaches, any one of these things can be used by a hostile congress to sink Trump.

What does improper relations with Russia mean?

Sexual Assault.

What does improper relations with Russia mean?

Perhaps something like this: https://www.mintpressnews.com/assange-targets-clintons-saudi-connections-in-scathing-interview/222132/

The 'best case' for Trump would be him saying: "I won't admit guilt, because I've never met these people before in my life, but I will settle the case because I'm super rich and can bigly afford this and we don't need the distraction once I become the most tremendous President in history."

Yeah, he might also say that the cost of settling the suit was less than the costs of the legal fees & time spent to defend it.

Ummm, conspiring with them to rig the election, for example? There's no evidence that this happened, but there is the fact that he denied having any ties with them, and they, today came out and said they had.

If Bill Clinton can be impeached for lying about a blow job, Trump can be impeached for lying about having ties with with Russia during his political campaign.

Back
Top Bottom