• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tin Foil Hat Time: possible Trump impeachment?

Ummm, conspiring with them to rig the election, for example? There's no evidence that this happened, but there is the fact that he denied having any ties with them, and they, today came out and said they had.

If Bill Clinton can be impeached for lying about a blow job, Trump can be impeached for lying about having ties with with Russia during his political campaign.

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. Get Trump to testify under oath, catch him in a lie, and you might have something.

Wishful thinking.

I would rather have Trump than Pence. Pence is absolutely crazy right-wing. The reason he was selected as a running mate was to throw a bone to the Evangelicals (although he is Catholic) and hardcore conservatives.

Ummm, conspiring with them to rig the election, for example? There's no evidence that this happened, but there is the fact that he denied having any ties with them, and they, today came out and said they had.

If Bill Clinton can be impeached for lying about a blow job, Trump can be impeached for lying about having ties with with Russia during his political campaign.
There is evidence the Russians hacked the DNC. There is a little evidence suggesting communication between a Trump org and Alfa Bank. That is evidence, it just isn't proof.

Congress would have to hold and investigation to investigate Trump first and then Trump tell the lie to Congress. Bill C. wasn't impeached for lying about his B.J. but for lying to Congress during the investigation about his B.J. If he had told the truth then it would have been maybe embarrassing for him but not a clear impeachable offense.

Also Nixon wasn't about to be impeached for anything except destroying evidence (the 18.5 minutes of erased tape). But he resigned before the Congress could begin impeachment.

What is going to happen with the Trump University case?

The 'best case' for Trump would be him saying: "I won't admit guilt, because I've never met these people before in my life, but I will settle the case because I'm super rich and can bigly afford this and we don't need the distraction once I become the most tremendous President in history."

Bingo! I called it.

The 'best case' for Trump would be him saying: "I won't admit guilt, because I've never met these people before in my life, but I will settle the case because I'm super rich and can bigly afford this and we don't need the distraction once I become the most tremendous President in history."

Bingo! I called it.

And you had his syntax down perfectly, too

Is there a wild card in the outtakes that are said to exist from the President elect's TV series? What if a mass of this stuff came out -- depicting what some of the participants described as truly vile, personal, in-their-face putdowns of female contestants? I realize DJT himself doesn't give a shit and would blandly lie about anything that comes out -- but would there be real-world consequences?

There is evidence the Russians hacked the DNC.
Really? What evidence?

There is evidence the Russians hacked the DNC.
Really? What evidence?
You'll need to go to our Intelligence agencies for that.

- - - Updated - - -

;) Gotta love politics.

The Bush family that has been spurned by members of both major political parties is now accepted by one of those parties as the go-to guys on questions of ethics.
Actually, Deepak pretty much held the context of their statement as being irony, not using them as the Gold Standard.

Instead of impeachment, what happens if the 25th is immediately invoked due to his mental issues?

What were they planning on impeaching Clinton for?

Never mind that. What did they impeach Bill Clinton for? He lied during a deposition in a civil lawsuit. How many lawsuits do you think Trump will be involved in over the next four years due to his conflicts of interest.

So this is an idea I've on-and-off mulled over for a while, and what if the repubs are setting up Trump just so they can slit his throat at the last minute and install President Pence? I mean it sounds more or less plausible and they may bank on a majority of the country just being happy it's not Trump or Clinton and will willingly settle for Pence if that's the case.

Thoughts?
Thoughts, yes. Joe Biden is the most pathetic politician to have ever walked on a planet in our solar system.

What were they planning on impeaching Clinton for?

Never mind that. What did they impeach Bill Clinton for? He lied during a deposition in a civil lawsuit. How many lawsuits do you think Trump will be involved in over the next four years due to his conflicts of interest.

And he didn't even lie. The other side had already defined "sex" as PIV. They only went to third base.

No mention of the emoluments clause?

That is what he could be impeached for.

Back
Top Bottom