• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Transcript Fraud Odds

The weird part of all this is it doesn't even fit with the state of the presidential contest, as far as anyone can figure it out. Biden isn't looking like a super formidable opponent, is what I'm saying, and it's hard to imagine why this of all things would be worth risking an impeachment inquiry over.

When Trump talks, he just opens his throat up and whatever half-formed concepts and ideas have been swimming in his KY Jelly-consistency brain matter recently just bubble up at random, and are filtered through his instincts as a wheeler and dealer in the real estate world. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he just made an off the cuff remark about Biden's son because it was something he'd heard about on Fox News. He does it in every speech to make himself sound well-versed in whatever topic is being discussed. It's definitely not the first time he's done it in the presence of foreign powers, either.

The weird part of all this is it doesn't even fit with the state of the presidential contest, as far as anyone can figure it out. Biden isn't looking like a super formidable opponent, is what I'm saying, and it's hard to imagine why this of all things would be worth risking an impeachment inquiry over.
You assume Trump realizes that.

True. My working hypothesis is now that he just said it off the cuff, like he says every other sentence whenever he speaks, including state secrets, troop movements, and the identity of various double agents, as the case may be. The Dems should impeach him on being mentally unfit for office, rather than intentionally criminal.

Except for the fact that Trump doesn't really think he's ever risking impeachment. His whole life, he has been able to throw lawyers at any problem until it goes away, or becomes small enough to settle out of court. He truly thinks he'll be able to lie or threaten his way out of any consequences.

And if Biden was ever ahead of Trump in any polls, that is something Trump needs to get revenge for. Nothing to do with strategic or tactical thinking, he just needs to punish them.

Hillary would never get caught doing something like this, but The Donald requires a different set of starting assumptions.

From the transcript/memo released today:
memo said:
I have many Ukranian friends, their incredible people.
(Emphasis mine.) Anyone want to guess who wrote this "transcript"?

"Transcript/memo" is a fake name. It is a memo. it is not a transcript. It says it right in the original that it is NOT a transcript. It was written by "The Whitehouse Situation Room".
No investigation can done without the original audio recordings... otherwise, everything is just hearsay.

memo said:

"Transcript/memo" is a fake name. It is a memo. it is not a transcript. It says it right in the original that it is NOT a transcript. It was written by "The Whitehouse Situation Room".
No investigation can done without the original audio recordings... otherwise, everything is just hearsay.

Agreed, hence the quotation marks around "transcript". The misspelling of "they're" makes me think that it was written by Trump himself.

memo said:

There is no audio recording. There is the whistleblower report and the original transcript of record that intel generated. Unless the other party has something like audio, which they may have, there is only the original transcript of record. If Trump used his unofficial cell phone that's different.

Has anyone asked the Ukranians if this is legit? Imagine if they said no.

And also, I need to ask, does it matter at all if Biden actually did intercede and tell them to fire the prosecutor who was looking into his son and the company he was on the board for?

Could this backfire and take down Biden rather than Trump?

Trump and the Ukrainian President (whose name I sadly haven't committed to memory just had a press conference). And that guy isn't sticking his neck out here.

And also, I need to ask, does it matter at all if Biden actually did intercede and tell them to fire the prosecutor who was looking into his son and the company he was on the board for?
Yeah, that'd matter.

How would this be backfiring?! This started because there was a whistleblower report that was being illegally stonewalled by the DoJ.

The Ukrainians have already stated officially that investigations into corruption did not show anything that involved Biden or his son.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-donald-trump-ukraine-giuliani-whistleblower-1460781

Shokin was believed to be obstructing anti-corruption investigations by many members of the Obama administration as well as other western forces, and in May of 2019 Ukraine's then-prosecutor cleared Biden of any potential wrongdoing.
Giuliani has tweeted several times about his belief that Biden and his family had participated in "bribery, extortion, money laundering and fraud" in Ukraine. But the former New York City mayor admitted for the first time that he had visited and talked to government officials in Ukraine about investigating the Bidens on CNN last week. "Of course I did," Giuliani said, but said that he did not tell the president about his plans before going. "I did what I did on my own," Giuliani said. "I told him about it afterward."

Digging into all of this is going to be interesting indeed. Can Guiliani be disbarred for such antics?

Agreed, hence the quotation marks around "transcript". The misspelling of "they're" makes me think that it was written by Trump himself.

well, allegedly, some of the text came from voice recognition... so grammar is not really its forte.

True. My working hypothesis is now that he just said it off the cuff, like he says every other sentence whenever he speaks, including state secrets, troop movements, and the identity of various double agents, as the case may be. The Dems should impeach him on being mentally unfit for office, rather than intentionally criminal.

As you probably know, articles of impeachment contain multiple things of concern... a President isn't necessarily impeached over one thing. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the 29th item in the list is something like, ".... and he's batshit crazy too".

There is no audio recording. There is the whistleblower report and the original transcript of record that intel generated. Unless the other party has something like audio, which they may have, there is only the original transcript of record. If Trump used his unofficial cell phone that's different.

I would be very surprised if there were no audio recording of phone calls. Suppose the situation was that the President of Ukraine claimed (falsely) that Trump promised him 1 billion dollars in aid to perform an illegal act that benefitted Trump personally, and he was reporting it to the FBI? I bet they would find the audio recording for that conversation to defend themselves pretty darn quick.

If you were to fact-check Trump's allegations you would find they are gross misrepresentations of what occurred. So, no, it can't "backfire"... or, more correctly stated.. it can't "fire"... aka "nothingburger that is getting him in deep shit".

I would be very surprised if there were no audio recording of phone calls. Suppose the situation was that the President of Ukraine claimed (falsely) that Trump promised him 1 billion dollars in aid to perform an illegal act that benefitted Trump personally, and he was reporting it to the FBI? I bet they would find the audio recording for that conversation to defend themselves pretty darn quick.

As I understand it, there are no recordings. They have teams of transcribers working together to create the official transcript.

Trump and the Ukrainian President (whose name I sadly haven't committed to memory just had a press conference). And that guy isn't sticking his neck out here.

Yeah, that'd matter.

How would this be backfiring?! This started because there was a whistleblower report that was being illegally stonewalled by the DoJ.

It might hurt Biden even if none of it is true due to the angry barking of people like Sean Insanity, Lush Rimjob, and Faux moron pundits hyping these lies repeatedly, while the MSP plays the the usual lazy games not debunking this all with passion.

That wouldn’t be a “backfire”. Backfire is when it hurts the person who was hoping to be helped by it. So if it “takes down Biden,” that would not be a backfire, it would be like one of those comedy-of-errors-that-turns-out-to-not-be-a-disaster-after-all.

Back
Top Bottom