• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump 2024?

I love it when right-wingers sound like anarchists.
She quit the Democratic party to join up with Bernie and you are calling her a right winger now?? Hmm
Tulsi Gabbard? If she agrees with right-wingers on many issues then she deserves to be called a right-winger. I'd posted on her doing just that.

Like admiring Glenn Youngkin's victory in Virginia. That's not a typical left-wing stance. A more typical one would be AOC's, that that victory was a "bummer".
Agreed. Just listen to her podcast interviews with Joe Rogan: she is no longer a democrat. Not sure if I'd exactly call her a right winger. But she's definitely very anti left now. She never complains about Trump or the republicans.

I love it when right-wingers sound like anarchists.
She quit the Democratic party to join up with Bernie and you are calling her a right winger now?? Hmm
Tulsi Gabbard? If she agrees with right-wingers on many issues then she deserves to be called a right-winger. I'd posted on her doing just that.

Like admiring Glenn Youngkin's victory in Virginia. That's not a typical left-wing stance. A more typical one would be AOC's, that that victory was a "bummer".
Agreed. Just listen to her podcast interviews with Joe Rogan: she is no longer a democrat. Not sure if I'd exactly call her a right winger. But she's definitely very anti left now. She never complains about Trump or the republicans.
Personally, I have no hesitation in calling her a right-winger.

When a guy in a red hat arrives to knock on the doors of senior citizens in Miami-Dade County, Florida, living in a low-income building, suspicions are rightly raised. Fast forward to months later, when an 84-year-old grandmother’s voter registration card arrived in the mail to show that her lifelong affiliation to the Democratic party had been changed to Republican.

Juan Carlos Salazar, 77, a Dominican living in Little Havana, and registered Democratic voter since the ‘70s, tells the Orlando Sentinel, that in December he was confronted by a group of three canvassers wearing red hats and t-shirts that read “Republican Party of Florida.” They asked if he wanted to fill out an application to get a new voter ID. He says, he “didn’t do anything,” but that he realized his party had been changed to Republican when he received his new registration in the mail.

“This is a system to eliminate voters so that voters can’t participate in the primary,” Salazar said in an interview with the Miami Herald in front of Haley Sofge Towers, the public housing building he’s lived in for the past five years. “It concerns me about what’s going to happen in these next elections ... This is a scam.”

Now, Democratic State Attorney for Miami-Dade County, Katherine Fernandez Rundle, is promising to investigate allegations of voter fraud, announcing a new initiative that includes a voter protection hotline and task force.

• Wow
Reactions: jab
Tulsi Gabbard spouts a lot of Republican mudslinging, as if Democrats are all lookalike left-wing ogres.

Tulsi Gabbard Doubles Down on Praising Youngkin Win - she appeared on Fox News, telling Neil Cavuto: “I think that the American people – it’s clear as we saw in Virginia – is a positive sign that they’re rejecting the kind of divisiveness, racialization of everything in this country, the fomenting of anger and hatred that unfortunately we’re seeing coming from so many of my fellow Democrats.”

When NC noted Democratic consultant James Carville's blaming that defeat on "stupid wokeness", whatever that might be, she responded

“It’s true. You know, when you have people in positions of power who arrogantly believe that they’re not accountable to the people and who treat us like we’re stupid – like they know better, they know best what’s good for us more than we know ourselves and all we gotta do is blindly follow along and listen. It’s no wonder that people are rejecting that.”

When NC asked if Joe Biden now is the same as when she was running against him, she responded

“You know, I’ve considered Joe Biden a friend for many years, and I’ve been disheartened to see the direction that he’s taken in this administration that is undermining the fundamental principles of our country, that is tearing our country apart rather than working to bring us together, to find our way forward and have respectful dialogue even as we may have disagreements or differences on different issues.”

Earlier,
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "McAuliffe’s loss is a victory for all Americans. Why? Because it was a resounding rejection of efforts to divide us by race, the stripping of parental rights, and arrogant, deaf leaders. This benefits us all." / Twitter

Those villains are evidently after Joe Rogan. :D
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "I may disagree with what you say, but I’m willing to sacrifice my life to protect your right to say it. The campaign to silence @JoeRogan shines a light on the bigger issue: the power elite will silence anyone who dares challenge or question their power. @MMAJunkie (vid link)" / Twitter

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "The power elite playbook: discredit and censor anyone who challenges their propaganda. Why? They know their propaganda won’t hold up to scrutiny. This is about freedom. We must take a stand to protect free speech and expression without threat of punishment or cancellation. (vid link)" / Twitter
With a clip of her appearance on Sean Hannity's shows. Pure projection, it seems.

However,
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "Monsanto has been poisoning workers & environment for a long time. But by paying off politicians, they’ve escaped accountability. Fines are just the small price of doing business. Rich/powerful get away with murder—that’s not true democracy. (link)" / Twitter
noting
Monsanto pleads guilty to pesticide-related crimes in Hawaii | KOB 4
Monsanto, now owned by German pharmaceutical company Bayer, agreed to plead guilty to the charges in December. U.S. District Court judge Michael Seabright in Hawaii accepted the terms Thursday.

Monsanto was charged with 30 environmental crimes after allowing workers to go into corn fields on Oahu in 2020 after a product named Forfeit 280 was sprayed. Federal law prohibits people from entering areas where the chemical is sprayed within six days of application.
Is such misbehavior also a left-wing plot?

If she runs again, I expect Republican donors to try to shut her up about environmental issues by refusing campaign donations.

Tulsi Gabbard always appeared the Manchurian Candidate. Her rhetoric screams left wing authoritarian populist.

Tulsi Gabbard always appeared the Manchurian Candidate. Her rhetoric screams left wing authoritarian populist.
How so?

CPAC 2022 | The Conservative Political Action Conference
Join us in sunny Orlando February 24-27, 2022.

With Donald Trump, his son Don Jr., Candace Owens, Ted Cruz, several others -- and Tulsi Gabbard

Members of the United States Congress - GovTrack.us - has report-card pages for 2013 to 2020, including ideology ratings. TG is one of the more conservative Democrats. 2014: 0.41, 2016: 0.45, 2018: 0.34, 2020: 0.35. (0 = liberal, 1 = conservative)

How so?
Because she sounds like a left-wing populist authoritarian. She uses left-wing populism to garner support and is attacking a moderate / mainstream Biden for being divisive? I mean seriously?!

Gabbard is as dangerous to the US as Greene and Cawthorn.

Trump wins CPAC straw poll, with nearly 3 in 5 of the vote (59%).
article said:
CPAC tends to draw from the more conservative wing of the Republican Party, and its polls are not necessarily a reliable predictor of the eventual nominee.
I think the article is in error here. These people aren't more "conservative" they are more "partisan". Otherwise they wouldn't be supporting Trump.

article said:
CPAC tends to draw from the more conservative wing of the Republican Party, and its polls are not necessarily a reliable predictor of the eventual nominee.
I think the article is in error here. These people aren't more "conservative" they are more "partisan". Otherwise they wouldn't be supporting Trump.
This is a very important point.
Merrick Garland was a conservative Republican. Liz Cheney is a conservative Republican.

Folks like them are vastly different from the radical TeaPartiers like Trump and MTG. Those people are progressives, not conservatives.
Tom

article said:
This is a very important point.
Merrick Garland was a conservative Republican. Liz Cheney is a conservative Republican.

Folks like them are vastly different from the radical TeaPartiers like Trump and MTG. Those people are progressives, not conservatives.
Tom
:hysterical:

Those people are progressives, not conservatives.
What "progress" are they making? :brood:

We used to be "The Nation of Immigrants". They want to progress beyond that old nonsense.

I liked our old ways.
Tom

ETA ~Were I able,
I'd make a video of modern GOP leaders pulling down The Statue of Liberty, with all that "send me your poor" stuff they've progressed beyond.~

We used to be "The Nation of Immigrants". They want to progress beyond that old nonsense.

I liked our old ways.
Tom

ETA ~Were I able,
I'd make a video of modern GOP leaders pulling down The Statue of Liberty, with all that "send me your poor" stuff they've progressed beyond.~
The term you are looking for is actually "right-wing populist".

I liked our old ways.
Tom

ETA ~Were I able,

Nevertheless, I am a Conservative and Trump is a Progressive.

Welcome to the brave new world.
Tom

I liked our old ways.
Tom

ETA ~Were I able,
The conservative wing has never supported those ideals. Social regressives freaking hated the Emma Lazarus poem; she wrote it to combat the vicious race nationalism projects of her own time, and their rhetoric has never greatly changed. If you personally reject racism and xenophobia, I applaud this, but there is nothing whatsoever conservative about that belief. America never fully embraced those ideals, and during those brief, bright moments when it seemed like we might, it was usually due to strenuous, customarily thankless effort on the part of idealist civilians like Lazarus, not the conservative policy-breakers that have always carried the heaviest weight in our central government.

I liked our old ways.
Tom

ETA ~Were I able,

Nevertheless, I am a Conservative and Trump is a Progressive.

Welcome to the brave new world.
Tom
Pulling in a stupid direction for stupid reasons is not progressive.
Especially when they tell themselves they're 'returning' to a mythical past of American purity and dominance.

Back
Top Bottom