• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump chooses Vance as running mate

hurtinbuckaroo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
laissez le bon temps rouler
I don’t see any strategic value to the pick; he’s just another white nutbag from a state that Biden had no shot to win.

He's young and inexperienced in politics. I can see why tptb (which is not Trump) would nudge Vance forward. I think it helps a bit to muddy the waters that he shares a name with unrelated persons prominent in earlier administrations (Cyrus Vance, Cyrus Vance Jr.) No voters will not remember exactly who those men are/were but the name will seem familiar and that's comforting. I absolutely know that all of these reasons are stupid but here we are.

He said some choice anti-Trump words in the past, but if Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham have taught us anything, it's thaat all you gotta do is bend the knee and all is forgiven in MAGA world.

He even said that Trump might be America's Hitler!!
I wish to apologize to the nation, as an Ohioan, for this Buckeye asshat. (But Trump and Vance do deserve each other.)

The classic tactic is to select a VP who is an attack dog. I haven't seen that in a while but this is what Vance is. Both Trump and Vance will make tons of noise together. Every day. Multiple times a day. BUT I believe the tactic is supposed to be that the Presidential candidate acts mature and above the fray while the VP candidate does dirty work. I just can't see Trump maintaining that he's "Teh Unifier" for very long... Thus, my prediction of how this will spiral into our next phase of Idiocracy.

I don’t see any strategic value to the pick; he’s just another white nutbag from a state that Biden had no shot to win.
He's young, popular, articulate, and has that rare advantage of not being associated by the public with the Washington "Elites" despite being on most of their dinner invite lists. What more could you ask for in an electoral side-chick?

Truly a man who will help bring America together in this time of crisis.

(Sarcasm).

How did it come to be that both the Presidential and VP candidates for the Republican Party wear makeup? Or rather, how do Republican voters just not say anything about it, but still engage in the worship when they're completely against this sort of thing?

Back
Top Bottom