• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: "I'll nuke ISIS"

Ya, it's really funny how the "Democrat parody of a Republican" has about double the support of any other candidate in the Republican primary. It's almost like the Democrat parody of a Republican is ... accurate.

The problems which Trump is exposing are problems within the GOP voting base, not problems with others' views of the GOP voting base.

Don't you generally think that Republicans are stupid? Then why are you giving them credit for in-depth policy analysis of the candidates?

Trump's appeal is much simpler than that.

First of all, he can be bought by neither Soros nor Koch. Second, he doesn't talk like the the other candidates (in either party). Third, he definitely fits the description of step 9 on the Road to Serfdom. The Central Planners (in both parties) can't agree (even with their own party allies) until the frustration reaches a point where people say "look, just give me someone who can get things done." That's a nasty step, which shows how far down the road we actually are. He is presenting himself as "these fools only argue, I get stuff done."

I do think that Republicans are generally stupid and I'm not giving them any credit at all for an in-depth policy analysis of the candidates. That's kind of the point. The Democratic parody of a Republican looks more like an actual Republican than the Republicans' image of theirselves does.

Ya, it's really funny how the "Democrat parody of a Republican" has about double the support of any other candidate in the Republican primary. It's almost like the Democrat parody of a Republican is ... accurate.

The problems which Trump is exposing are problems within the GOP voting base, not problems with others' views of the GOP voting base.

Don't you generally think that Republicans are stupid? Then why are you giving them credit for in-depth policy analysis of the candidates?

Trump's appeal is much simpler than that.

First of all, he can be bought by neither Soros nor Koch. Second, he doesn't talk like the the other candidates (in either party). Third, he definitely fits the description of step 9 on the Road to Serfdom. The Central Planners (in both parties) can't agree (even with their own party allies) until the frustration reaches a point where people say "look, just give me someone who can get things done." That's a nasty step, which shows how far down the road we actually are. He is presenting himself as "these fools only argue, I get stuff done."
Which would be wonderful if he were running for Dictator.

What is incredible is that in 2012, Romney had to act more conservative in the primary to match the other people. Trump has tacked (thanks Bilby) so far to the right that other candidates are being forced to tack with him, like with the Anchor Baby comments. It'll be hard for the leading candidates to come back from some of this stuff in a General Election. Trump is dragging the other candidates for far right, they could slip over to the far left at some point.

As far as Democrat Parody of the Republicans, it pretty isn't much of a parody anymore because the Republicans have swung so far to rabid partisan foolery that there is little else other than "They'd filibuster a bill to fund the rocket to blow up an asteroid headed straight towards Earth if a Democrat President was in charge." Heck, we were at the edge of an abyss to oblivion in the Fall of 2008, and the Republicans said "Let's take a plunge!!!" It was only George W Bush and the Democrats that kept the US from doing it.

The Democratic parody of a Republican looks more like an actual Republican than the Republicans' image of theirselves does.
Would that be similar in logic to the notion that a picture of myself looks more like me than I actually do?

The Democratic parody of a Republican looks more like an actual Republican than the Republicans' image of theirselves does.
Would that be similar in logic to the notion that a picture of myself looks more like me than I actually do?

No, it means that a picture of you might be more accurate than you think you look. Your internal perceptions of yourself may not reflect reality.

The Donald is awesome. The BEST. And people do love him and the Hispanics do love him. All my friends are getting The Donald as their tramp stamps. We live in tomato harvest country and this weekend we're goin' on an Anchor Baby Roundup. It's like scavenger hunts from the 50s only you need a small version of the dog warden's net and some kinda bait. You watch he'll get elected and the world will love him like we love him. All you Donald haters, you're fired.

Back
Top Bottom