• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: "I'll nuke ISIS"

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
http://realnewsrightnow.com/2015/08/10/trump-i-will-absolutely-use-a-nuclear-weapon-against-isis/

If this has already been digested and eliminated, I apologize.

Anyway, Trump says he'll use nukes from Trident submarines to put an end to ISIS. He doesn't care about collateral damage, wants to send a strong message, etc.

Now, this will never happen because Trump will never get elected. But what if it did?

What would be the real-world consequences of several mushroom clouds popping up in the ME?

I have some ideas, most of which involve a domino metaphor. But what does everyone else think?

I imagine that everybody's initial response will be "Wow. Donald Trump is so awesome. I may have been anti-American before, but neither I nor anyone I know has what it takes to go up against this guy. Let's all just surrender and make him President of the World forever".

Or maybe the exact opposite. It's about 50/50 either way.

Well, if you were sitting on the hot-button for any other nuclear arsenal in the world, would you

trust

The Donald if he promised, realio trulio, pinky swore that all the bombs were only going to hit ISIS
bad guys and none of them would encroach on any of your interests?

Good thing that ISIS headquarters are so easy to pick out via their website. That way we can "nuke ISIS".

Good thing that ISIS headquarters are so easy to pick out via their website. That way we can "nuke ISIS".

Since I doubt The Donald even knows Syria is a country, I'm thinking he means to nuke whereever they pop up.

Since I doubt The Donald even knows Syria is a country, I'm thinking he means to nuke whereever they pop up.

That's a brilliant idea. If the CIA believe that ISIS are planning a terrorist bomb attack in Times Square, President Trump can simply nuke Manhattan, and be almost certain of killing at least one, maybe even three or four ISIS terrorists, and of completely preventing them from setting off their IED, which is very likely to be destroyed. Or with a few dozen pre-emptive strikes, he can pretty much eliminate the possibility of ISIS carrying out an attack in a major US city.

Which means he would end up nuking close enough to Turkey and Israel to do real damage to them. Of course, this is just more of Trump's rhetorical diarrhea.

Even if Trump is serious, there must be other people who have to sign off on something like that. If not, then we need John Smith to take him out.

"The missiles are flying. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

This tells me he's just saying what his audience is wanting to hear, like they did on Family Guy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm3d43HLyTI
BobDole: Abortions for everyone!
Crowd: BOO!
BobDole: Very well, no abortions for anyone!
Crowd: BOO!
BobDole: Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!
Crowd: YAY!

[YOUTUBE]M0aNxzF7MAk[/YOUTUBE]

Not if Herman Cain is his Secretary of Defense.

- - - Updated - - -

This tells me he's just saying what his audience is wanting to hear, like they did on Family Guy.

This is what bothers me. It isn't that he said it, it is that there are millions of people nodding in agreement. Been saying it for a year now, we just need to nuke ISIS. The fact that such an idea is logistically impossible for at least 5 different and incredibly important reasons. But they are nodding their heads, completely oblivious to the reality we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what bothers me. It isn't that he said it, it is that there are millions of people nodding in agreement. Been saying it for a year now, we just need to nuke ISIS. The fact that such an idea is logistically impossible for at least 5 different and incredibly important reasons. But they are nodding their heads, completely oblivious to the reality we live in.

I believe that "Completely Oblivious to the Reality We Live In" is the new Republican Party campaign slogan.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that "Completely Oblivious to the Reality We Live In" is the new Republican Party campaign slogan.
There's nothing "new" about it.

Now, this will never happen because Trump will never get elected. But what if it did?

What would be the real-world consequences of several mushroom clouds popping up in the ME?

I have some ideas, most of which involve a domino metaphor. But what does everyone else think?

Everyone, including its closest allies, would shun the US if there's even minor numbers of innocent casualties. If they just up and nuked a city, one would probably see the US being kicked out of NATO.

The radiation would eventually kill an enormous amount of people in the area- What a boost for the most extreme of Islamist fundamentalism worldwide that would be.

Trump is a good test of America's fitness to survive this century. This guy is a hate spouting crackpot. If our country elects ANOTHER CRACKPOT in these very trying times, then perhaps we simply are not up to the task of surviving as a culture on this earth.:hitsthefan:

Back
Top Bottom