• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: "I'll nuke ISIS"

I think the first 30 seconds would go well. After that, it's an apocalyptic crapshoot.

In Russia, China, and probably Pakistan, there would be a simultaneous, "We've confirmed a launch."

Minutes later in the U.S., "The Russians and Chinese have opened their missile silos."

Donald Trump: "We have the most terrific nuclear weapons on earth: Full Go!!"

1,000 years later the oral tradition of the Chicken-combed god who destroyed the earth by fire would still be told around campfires of hunter-gatherers.

I think the less insane nations like ..China...North Korea...Russia, would organise an intervention to take away the toys from the delinquent sibling.

Id rather Bill Blum as president,
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/WhyTerroristsHateAmer.html

If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I would announce, in all sincerity, to every corner of the world, that America's global interventions have come to an end, and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the USA but now -- oddly enough -- a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims. There would be more than enough money. One year's military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than $18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated.

Or even Wyclef Jean.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq_3OheqzU[/YOUTUBE]

The radiation would eventually kill an enormous amount of people in the area- What a boost for the most extreme of Islamist fundamentalism worldwide that would be.

Trump is a good test of America's fitness to survive this century. This guy is a hate spouting crackpot. If our country elects ANOTHER CRACKPOT in these very trying times, then perhaps we simply are not up to the task of surviving as a culture on this earth.:hitsthefan:
You are correct. This is a bigger reflection on the nation than it is on Trump. The good news is that Trump doesn't have a shot in heck at the Presidency. Heck, even if he had the delegates, it could be said to be doubtful that the RNC would allow him to take the nomination at the Convention. That would be followed by a Indy run, and then the Dems could elect Bernie Sanders or a ham sandwich, to defeat the sap Republican Nominee who will lose 40% of his votes from the radical base to the Indy Trump.

People who say Trump is unelectable, who is the great Republican leader to oppose him and beat him?

With such utter shit from the Republican party Trump can certainly win the nomination.

And then it is a coin toss if he can win the presidency.

People who say Trump is unelectable, who is the great Republican leader to oppose him and beat him?

With such utter shit from the Republican party Trump can certainly win the nomination.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

That's your country. It's a place where this could happen.

:D

It really could happen! But I am starting to wonder if Trump truly wants the presidency or if he is just doing this for attention and ego and wouldn't actually take the job even if he won the election. It would be pretty funny to see that. He wins the election and resigns the next day.

Not if the RNC doesn't want him to. Things can be adjusted. Remember, they are fighting for delegates. Many states aren't win all states, so other candidates will win some, then you have the Super Delegates. It'd be ugly, but it can be taken away.

Except his gloss doesn't exist for moderates or liberals. The only people who like him are conservatives with the behavior attitude of toddlers.

I'm convinced he's trolling.

Today he said the 14th Amendment is unconstitutional. Specifically, the naturalization clause of Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside
. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

But to get rid of that clause renders the rest of the Amendment impotent.

So either 1) Trump doesn't have any attorneys advising him on this; or 2) He does, and he asked their advice on how to say something especially stupid, and they told him.

It's like an Idiocracy prequel.

The great thing though, is that the rest of the GOP can only stand by and watch. It's like a naked clown has taken over their party by tying them to chairs. Now all they can do is watch him cavort naked in front of the kids.

If this keeps up, the Democrats need only someone to stand up there and not piss their pants in order to win the election.

Except his gloss doesn't exist for moderates or liberals. The only people who like him are conservatives with the behavior attitude of toddlers.

Not true. I think he would have a pretty good chance in a general election if put up against Hillary, especially given their past.

Not true. I think he would have a pretty good chance in a general election if put up against Hillary, especially given their past.
Trump doesn't have a platform. Hard to run for President without a platform. His nudity to this point has been covered up by the other 16 candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm convinced he's trolling.

Today he said the 14th Amendment is unconstitutional. Specifically, the naturalization clause of Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside
. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

But to get rid of that clause renders the rest of the Amendment impotent.

So either 1) Trump doesn't have any attorneys advising him on this; or 2) He does, and he asked their advice on how to say something especially stupid, and they told him.

It's like an Idiocracy prequel.

The great thing though, is that the rest of the GOP can only stand by and watch. It's like a naked clown has taken over their party by tying them to chairs. Now all they can do is watch him cavort naked in front of the kids.

If this keeps up, the Democrats need only someone to stand up there and not piss their pants in order to win the election.
First September Debate:

Moderator: Any opening remarks.
Trump: I'm going to fucking nuke anyone that disagrees with me!
Sanders: I'm not pissing my pants. *applause*

....Trump doesn't have a platform. Hard to run for President without a platform. His nudity to this point has been covered up by the other 16 candidates....

If he wins the Republican nomination he runs on the Republican platform.

And the incredible weakness of the field is the only reason he is there.

There is not one star in this bunch of bought-off third-raters, except maybe the brain surgeon. But he is not the best color to win the Republican nomination.

....Trump doesn't have a platform. Hard to run for President without a platform. His nudity to this point has been covered up by the other 16 candidates....

He needs one well before that. Many other candidates will be dropping out. He will start to get exposed.

And the incredible weakness of the field is the only reason he is there.

There is not one star in this bunch of bought-off third-raters, except maybe the brain surgeon. But he is not the best color to win the Republican nomination.
There are two establishment picks, Bush and Kasich. Looks like maybe Bush can't make it because of W. But Kasich is teflon coated, a battleground state Governor, and can pick up Fiorina or Rubio as the VP head for a mixed ticket. Trump is doing well, only because the RNC doesn't want him to do well. The more they fight back, the more the toddler base holds their breath.

The radiation would eventually kill an enormous amount of people in the area- What a boost for the most extreme of Islamist fundamentalism worldwide that would be.

I disagree. The fallout danger of bombs is greatly overrated.

Yeah. We have a lot of evidence to support that from all those other nuclear bombings.

Yeah. We have a lot of evidence to support that from all those other nuclear bombings.

So, as rationalists who place value in having our positions be based on a sober analysis of the evidence, we need to support Donald Trump's bid for President so that we'll have a larger base of data upon which to draw our conclusions.

Trump 2016. For people who actually care about the effects of nuclear weapons.

I don't exactly want to agree with Loren or anything; but... you ARE aware that there have in fact been over 2000 nuclear bombs detonated on this planet, right? Allowing us to understand how much radiation is produced and how fallout spreads?

It is actually true that the lethality of nuke fall-out tends to be overrated by people...

...which is not to say, of course, that there wouldn't be serious health issues and a fair (though perhaps not enormous, depending on yield) number of casualties.

It really could happen! But I am starting to wonder if Trump truly wants the presidency or if he is just doing this for attention and ego and wouldn't actually take the job even if he won the election. It would be pretty funny to see that. He wins the election and resigns the next day.

Having chosen Hillary Clinton as VP :D

I don't exactly want to agree with Loren or anything; but... you ARE aware that there have in fact been over 2000 nuclear bombs detonated on this planet, right? Allowing us to understand how much radiation is produced and how fallout spreads?

It is actually true that the lethality of nuke fall-out tends to be overrated by people...

...which is not to say, of course, that there wouldn't be serious health issues and a fair (though perhaps not enormous, depending on yield) number of casualties.

The radiation effects of nuclear weapons are mostly avoided by the simple expedient of having the majority of people who are exposed to lethal doses not survive long enough to develop acute radiation sickness. Being torn apart by the remains of your home tends to make you rather immune to concern about possible bone-marrow failure in the coming week.

Nevertheless, despite our ability to stop worrying and love the bomb, it might be best not to elect a US president who plans to start chucking them around like it's the Fourth of July.

He needs one well before that. Many other candidates will be dropping out. He will start to get exposed.

I really don't think he does. I think he could run on no stated platform at all and still give Hillary a tough fight. What he has is celebrity and bluntness, and against Hillary he can also project an image of being not a corrupt mainstream politician. He funded her and she did favours for him in the past. He can lean heavily on that against her. She can be bought. He can't. That wills sell.

Back
Top Bottom