• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump just fired James Comey

FBI Directors serve ten year terms. There's only been one FBI director fired previously and that was for ethics violations. I think this one too will be for ethics violations, but not Comey's.

The stench of it. Jesus Christ.

Yeh - it reeks. Once he gets one of his comrades in place, will the investigation(s) proceed?
This looks more like the path trodden by Nixon every day.

The letter from the DOJ the WH cited for the firing blames it on Comey's handling of the Clinton email investigation, specifically his summer press conference and his October letter to Congress, both of which went against standard FBI policy. Such irony.

Of course, that's not the real reason he was fired.

On the bright side, this makes the case for a special investigator even stronger.

I just heard it referred to as "The Tuesday night massacre".

The letter from the DOJ the WH cited for the firing blames it on Comey's handling of the Clinton email investigation, specifically his summer press conference and his October letter to Congress, both of which went against standard FBI policy. Such irony.

On the bright side, this makes the case for a special investigator even stronger.

We might even get one, some time in 2019. Assuming that the House flips, which might be a stretch, given Uncle Vlad's ability to manipulate election results.

We might even get one, some time in 2019. Assuming that the House flips, which might be a stretch, given Uncle Vlad's ability to manipulate election results.

I thought they were still investigating whether Vlad did manipulate the election results. An independent investigator would be ideal but he would have to be independent of the Democrats and the Republicans.

I thought they were still investigating whether Vlad did manipulate the election results. An independent investigator would be ideal but he would have to be independent of the Democrats and the Republicans.

You have a knack for stating the obvious.

That is the idea. But the only people that are against such a thing are well, guess who.

I have always maintained that Trump will fire people, such as people in Comey's position, and replace them with cronies. This is what will happen here.

Word is out today that Trump is displeased with McMaster, his national security advisor. How long will it be before he's dismissed?

Word is out today that Trump is displeased with McMaster, his national security advisor. How long will it be before he's dismissed?

We probably have to wait until the next episode to see which team raises the most money for charity, and if one of the other contestants throws him under the bus in the boardroom, he could be the next one to hear the words "you're fired."

That is the idea. But the only people that are against such a thing are well, guess who.

I have always maintained that Trump will fire people, such as people in Comey's position, and replace them with cronies. This is what will happen here.

Loyalty over talent. A disastrous path.

Always fair and balanced.

C_ap90pWsAEjYYS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom