• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump, 'No transgender people in military'

Please it's hardly the same thing.

even then, Ravensky said this:

Moreover, the AMA passed a resolution in 2015 that there is no medical reason transgender people cannot serve in the military. From a legal standpoint, what basis could the military enforce that fucking asshole's verbal vomit even if they wanted to?

I'm willing to take her word for it, so moot argument at this point.

How is a guarantee for free ELECTIVE SURGERY on one part of the body different than another part of the body, with respect to what the military should offer enlistees? Reading comprehension note: The subject is the military's policy on elective surgery, and not the emotional issues with being transgender and wanting a sex change, or a fat person who wants liposuction, or a jew that wants their foreskin back, or even if Pinocchio wants a regular nose (because he is a BOY!).

- - - Updated - - -

All this stuff is, I think, irrelevant. Homosexuality was long seen to be a bar, for instance, yet homosexual soldiers have been some of the best in history - take the Theban Sacred Band, who finally put paid to the Spartans who, I think, tended to have similar tastes. If there really were Amazons (and there are serious arguments) they would also be important in terms of opinion versus sense.

I agree... totally irrelevant.. The relevant part concerns what benefits the military chooses to offer enlistees... elective surgery or not.

It's not really about the surgery itself, further I am aware that not everyone who transitions uses it. What pretty much every transition does include though is a steady stream of estrogen and usually a male hormone blocker. The important thing is that you need to keep taking them, albeit in smaller doses if you get the surgery too. I've gone off of such things cold turkey because I wasn't able to secure more to ween myself down, It was not a fun time I promise you. Not having it for an extended period would render the person mentally and emotionally vulnerable, which is important when deployed and perhaps supplies are scarce or cut off for an extended duration due to one logistics fuck-up or another. That's all.

At any rate, this would hardly be a problem for many if not most roles in military service so it's still a crummy reason to bar trans people from serving period.

Are diabetics also banned from service (even after being diagnosed post-enlistment)? Many (FAR more than the total number of trans) need daily insulin shots.... how is that handled? medical discharge?

Truthfully I don't know. I imagine however that Diabetics are usually not considered for missions which take them away from the logistics train for extended periods. I would imagine the case would be the same or similar for trans people.

well, not ALL trans people... just ones that are 'transitioning' medically. And not all people that eat sugar should be disqualified... just the ones that need daily insulin to process the sugar.

If they're not transitioned or transitioning then there's no extra medical consideration so logically they're no different from any other perfectly healthy man or woman. How would trans people not transitioned or transitioning even factor into the discussion? Not only is there no justifiable reason to remove or restrict them but there's no way to know who they are in any official capacity unless they're outwardly claiming Trans status or have it noted on their medical history. Which is still bad but come on, I may be playing devil's advocate here but even the devil has limits.

So, McCain told him to stop using the military's manning for political purposes, same as he told Obama...

The DOD told him to pack sand until he goes through official channels.

The Coast Guard Commandant personally reached out to the transgenders in his force saying he wouldn't abandon them.

I think it'd be pretty cool if Trump did do this in a hope that the progressives would step on their dick, but it turns out that the Conservatives are the ones who tie his in a knot...

So, Trump ended up leaving the Transgender issue up to the DOD. Mattis announced, Friday, that those in the military can stay in the military, and even reenlist, in the next few months, until they fully figure out how they're going to implement this ban.
McCain is opposed to the ban, pointing out that when less than 1% of the nation wants to enlist, we should probably be accepting anyone who's able to meet the physical requirements to serve.

The comments on the Military.Com site are the predictable acid-etched venom. Lots of people who have probably never met a transgender (to their knowledge, anyway) talking about how heavy the burden is.
And saying Mattis is only doing this to kiss ass on the activist liberals. Nothing about concerns for manning levels, or money already spent on their training, or just simply taking responsibility to protect his people. Except the Liberals aren't in power right now, so why would anyone be kissing their asses?

And these same people are demanding, now, that Trump fire Mattis and put in someone who'll do what they want, getting rid of xgenders, gays, women, cucks, and so on. No apparent irony in the fact that THAT would make TRUMP the one kissing the ass of opinionated activists...

So, McCain told him to stop using the military's manning for political purposes, same as he told Obama...

The DOD told him to pack sand until he goes through official channels.

The Coast Guard Commandant personally reached out to the transgenders in his force saying he wouldn't abandon them.

I think it'd be pretty cool if Trump did do this in a hope that the progressives would step on their dick, but it turns out that the Conservatives are the ones who tie his in a knot...

No way. It is topologically impossible to tie such a short little thing in a knot. That would be like folding a piece of paper 8 times.

I saw a video of a 10 ton hydraulic press forcing a piece of paper into an 8th fold. To everyone's surprise, with a loud BANG and visible light emission, the paper folded... however, when they retrieved the specimen from the press, it was no longer paper. It looked more like a piece of plywood. It basically transformed back into wood!
Sorry too lazy for a search... I'm sure it's easy to find on youtube.

So, Trump ended up leaving the Transgender issue up to the DOD. Mattis announced, Friday, that those in the military can stay in the military, and even reenlist, in the next few months, until they fully figure out how they're going to implement this ban.
McCain is opposed to the ban, pointing out that when less than 1% of the nation wants to enlist, we should probably be accepting anyone who's able to meet the physical requirements to serve.

The comments on the Military.Com site are the predictable acid-etched venom. Lots of people who have probably never met a transgender (to their knowledge, anyway) talking about how heavy the burden is.
And saying Mattis is only doing this to kiss ass on the activist liberals. Nothing about concerns for manning levels, or money already spent on their training, or just simply taking responsibility to protect his people. Except the Liberals aren't in power right now, so why would anyone be kissing their asses?

And these same people are demanding, now, that Trump fire Mattis and put in someone who'll do what they want, getting rid of xgenders, gays, women, cucks, and so on. No apparent irony in the fact that THAT would make TRUMP the one kissing the ass of opinionated activists...

because you revived the thread... I found out a week or so ago that there already are limitations in place for enlistees that are transgender. There already is a requirement for trans people to be "well established in their current gender for at least 2 years prior to enlisting". Which means that the "trans problem" is completely made up.

Exactly the same with the travel ban.... Trump says that we "need vetting!". Well, we fucking have it in spades. It takes YEARS to legally get into the US, with an extreme amount of vetting during that time. Yet another made-up problem.

What is it called when you setup a fake problem, stage a "solution", and then declare victory over eliminating the problem that never existed? I know there is a term for it, I just can't think of it... like "shooting fish in a barrel, after putting the fish in the barrel to shoot".

What is it called when you setup a fake problem, stage a "solution", and then declare victory over eliminating the problem that never existed? I know there is a term for it, I just can't think of it... like "shooting fish in a barrel, after putting the fish in the barrel to shoot".
Strawman?

Con (as in con artist/Bunko squad)?

Insanity?

Bait-and-switch?

Strawman?

Con (as in con artist/Bunko squad)?

Insanity?

Bait-and-switch?
Christianity.

Threadmancy ahoy:

Donald Trump moves to limit most transgender individuals from military service

The White House says retaining troops with a history or diagnosis of "gender dysphoria" — those who may require substantial medical treatment — "presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality."

Honestly, when Trump first tweeted this last year, I thought he wouldn't follow through, like "I have Obama's real certificate" or "I have proof that millions of illegals voted". Turns out I was wrong.

Call me cynical, but it really is starting to look as though this administration plans its most vile shit to run under the media radar, when most of the attention is directed elsewhere.

Threadmancy ahoy:

The White House says retaining troops with a history or diagnosis of "gender dysphoria" — those who may require substantial medical treatment — "presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality."

Honestly, when Trump first tweeted this last year, I thought he wouldn't follow through, like "I have Obama's real certificate" or "I have proof that millions of illegals voted". Turns out I was wrong.

Call me cynical, but it really is starting to look as though this administration plans its most vile shit to run under the media radar, when most of the attention is directed elsewhere.
Pence must have been working on getting the paperwork through. I doubt Trump actually cares.

Threadmancy ahoy:

flipping disgusting

You guys are condemning poor Trumpy for this, while complaining about his lack of empathy. I implore you all to have some pity - he is probably just trying to protect his family, much as he was protected by his "bone spurs". My wife has long contended that both Jared and Donny Junior are trannies (not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you), and I have to admit that they look the part; a more effeminate-looking couple of bizoids I have never seen. So if my wife is correct, good 'ol pops is just looking out for the kids. Give him a break!

Doesn't sound like it is going well for Trump (again). Can't find a credible source yet, but rumour has it his latest attempt at a transgender ban has been shot down by the federal judge

Back
Top Bottom