• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump proclaims May 1 as 'Loyalty Day'

Held a rally in his name. Declared a "Loyalty Day."

Propaganda films can't be far behind. Paging Leni Riefenstahl.

He also called upon all government officials to display the flag of the United States on all government buildings and grounds on May 1.

Like they weren't going to display the flag on a normal workday!

Another pointless proclamation.

I'm glad he gave us so long to plan how we would demonstrate our loyalty to the Republican Party.

Look what the cuck, commie Seattle government is posting around the city:

IMG_2936-2.JPG

Look what the cuck, commie Seattle government is posting around the city:

View attachment 10899

It seems these groups did the right thing and informed everyone in advance so the local authorities can inform the public of possible traffic disruptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta copy his master, Putin.

Not since Trump bombed Syria; that's right, no more French or Russian kisses.:)

Looks like Loyalty Day is a thing. We've been celebrating since 1958.

Esquire said:
Almost everywhere else in the world, May 1 is celebrated as International Workers' Day or Labour Day, except in the United States, where we have celebrated the day as Loyalty Day every year since 1958. But many Americans are unaware of this obscure holiday

Esquire said:
Almost everywhere else in the world, May 1 is celebrated as International Workers' Day or Labour Day, except in the United States, where we have celebrated the day as Loyalty Day every year since 1958. But many Americans are unaware of this obscure holiday
So Trump didn't proclaim anything, just reminded people about an obscure and useless flag banner reminder.

So Trump didn't proclaim anything, just reminded people about an obscure and useless flag banner reminder.
Reading wiki on it. It seems Loyalty Day was invented as an attempt to shutdown Worker's day which US is responsible for in the first place.

Loyalty Day was a non-event, obscure and unknown by most. But under Trump it takes on a more sinister implication because his most ardent fans are fueled by hate. They're the weasely informant types, who, if given the power to rat out disloyal citizens, would do so in a heartbeat. They're the types who are so weak that they greatly desire a strongman to right the world for them. In other words, they're dangerous fucking goons who would take a loyalty oath for Trump.

I don't want to admit that I'm still in shock that so many Americans could be so authoritarian, but I am.

In my capacity as a card carrying SubGenius Minister and Pope, I hereby declare May 1st, Political Bullshit Day.

We will celebrate by pointing to political bullshit and shouting, "Bullshit! All Lies!" Loyalty is a two way street, and when the politicians lie to us and peddle bullshit aimed at whipping up divisiveness, animal grunting stupidity and bad policy, they are not loyal Americans.

To be loyal to a nation is to partake in a religion.

One should only be loyal to principles and people well known to you.

Back
Top Bottom