• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporters - Repeal the 19th amendment!

Apparently if women were not allowed to vote, Trump would win.

Hence his supporters facetiously (I hope) throwing out a "Repeal the 19th amendment" tweet

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-supporters-repeal-19th-amendment-article-1.2828571

You give them more credit than I do

I agree, it's hard to tell.

Especially if you read the tweets on that article where women supporters of Trump say they will gladly give up their voting rights(!!!!) for a Trump victory.

Donald Trump is a great candidate for the '16 election. 1916. At least we know what year his slogan means now.

Come to think of it, since 1919 then we've only won one war.

SLD

Donald Trump is a great candidate for the '16 election. 1916. At least we know what year his slogan means now.

Come to think of it, since 1919 then we've only won one war.

SLD

In 1916 Former NY Governor and a sitting (he resigned to run) Supreme Court Justice Charles Evan Hughes ran on the Republican ticket for president.

On April 25, 1910, President William H. Taft nominated Hughes for Associate Justice to fill the vacancy left by the death of Justice David J. Brewer. The Senate confirmed the nomination on May 2, 1910, and Hughes received his commission the same day. As an associate justice of the Supreme Court from 1910 to 1916, Hughes remained an advocate of regulation and authored decisions that weakened the legal foundations of laissez-faire capitalism. He also mastered a new set of issues regarding the Commerce Clause and, in a deliberately restrained manner, wrote constitutional decisions that expanded the regulatory powers of both the state and federal governments.

Hughes resigned from the Supreme Court on June 10, 1916,[11] to be the Republican candidate for President in 1916.

The Republicans have changed a bit since 1916.

Wilson ran promising to keep the US out of WWI and sent anybody who criticized him about it to jail.

Sounds more like Trump than the Republican.

I think about 98% of Americans are pissed off that you passed that amendment which stops Obama from running again.

Tom, If I remember correctly, there was a move to repeal the 22nd Amendment right after the 1984 election (the Reagan landslide over Mondale), but went nowhere and died after the 1986 mid terms when the Dems took back either the House or Senate (I don't remember which one -- but I get your drift lol).

Later,
ElectEngr

Tom, If I remember correctly, there was a move to repeal the 22nd Amendment right after the 1984 election (the Reagan landslide over Mondale), but went nowhere and died after the 1986 mid terms when the Dems took back either the House or Senate (I don't remember which one -- but I get your drift lol).

Later,
ElectEngr

Dems took back the Senate in 86, they held the House throughout the Reagan administration.

The alt-right, Trump supporters have violated Poe so badly that it is impossible to tell when they aren't saying wreckless shit and are just joking.

If Trump wins, you can kiss the 22nd goodbye. Dictators don't do term limits.

Back
Top Bottom