• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporting farmer are being hurt by Trump's trade wars

Trump tariffs raw goods American companies need to build things with, making their costs go up. Then he tariffs American corporation products produced in China.

Very much so. The competition between the US and Canada/EU is relatively even.
FFvC and the Repugs are both pretty much Dotards on this topic. German companies don't have to worry about health insurance for their employees. Their employees don't start at Daimler with massive debt coming out of college. And in the US, instead of spending federal dollars on UHC and infrastructure, we pay for a massive military-complex, PTSD, and artificial limbs. Maybe, first we should fix our own house instead of blaming others for how fucked up we are...
Yeah, that'd be nice. :pigsfly:

What is FFvC?

It sounds like some kind of nickname for Trump, but I have no idea what the acronym stands for.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/us-farmers-stressed-angry-trump-trade-war/

Yee haw, y'all!

Tell me again how support for Trump was about economics and not racism? Because anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together could have told you that the economic policies Trump was endorsing during the campaign would hurt farmers, yet most farmers voted for him.

It's almost as if all those people who said that they voted for Trump over economic concerns were either lying to themselves or lying to us. I'm betting it's the former.

They got conned by a conman, and his racist dogwhistles were acutely aimed at their vulnerable spots, while the conscious appeal was his assertion that as an economic "success" himself, he could and would improve the economic situation of good, hard-working Americans, like farmers

Yee haw, y'all!

Tell me again how support for Trump was about economics and not racism? Because anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together could have told you that the economic policies Trump was endorsing during the campaign would hurt farmers, yet most farmers voted for him.

It's almost as if all those people who said that they voted for Trump over economic concerns were either lying to themselves or lying to us. I'm betting it's the former.

They got conned by a conman, and his racist dogwhistles were acutely aimed at their vulnerable spots, while the conscious appeal was his assertion that as an economic "success" himself, he could and would improve the economic situation of good, hard-working Americans, like farmers
Yeah, it was a bit like W v Gore. W was paraded as an outsider common man veteran, who was anything but that. Ivy League educated, Kennybunkport vacationing, Bush dynasty member who dodged the Vietnam draft. Trump paraded as the non-establishment common man, who went to an Ivy League school, lives a life of almost sinful luxury, and part of the most corrupt portions of the economic machine that he promised to fix. And he promised everyone would be rich.

Fool the American public once, big deal, fool them again... big deal.

One of the few good things about the Trump administration has been watching Trump voters get fucked by their own votes.

Yee haw, y'all!

Tell me why you think anything from the media is honest?

Yee haw, y'all!

Tell me why you think anything from the media is honest?

When they cite verifiable facts, Bleach. Try it some time. Burying your head in the and and choosing to believe a proven psychopathic liar instead of professional investigators is just plain stupid.

Back
Top Bottom