• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Tests Positive For Covid-19

link
maskless Mark Meadows said:
The President does have mild symptoms and as we look to try to make sure that not only his health and safety and welfare is good, we continue to look at that for all of the American people. He continues to be not only in good spirits but very energetic.
Okay, so in Trump Admin-speak, President Trump is currently being buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

How do you get a fake virus?

Asking for a nazi president...

Well I better stayed glued to the news all gotdamn day. Get me all my Trump, Trump, Trump. Minute by minute.
Breaking News. Breaking News. Breaking News.
Rally around the president.​

We're so fucked.

The trouble is this:
article said:
Pressed by CNN’s Joe Johns on the timing of when the White House learned Hope Hicks had tested positive, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows conceded that people knew of her positive diagnosis before Marine One took off for New Jersey on Thursday afternoon for a fundraiser.

Some staffers, he said, were pulled from Marine One, raising further questions about why the trip proceeded, the President coming into contact with numerous supporters at his Bedminster club.

"I’m not going to get into the tick tock. I can tell you, in terms of Hope Hicks, we discovered that right as the Marine One was taking off yesterday," Meadows said. "We actually pulled some of the people that have been traveling and in close contact. The reason why it was reported out, just frankly, is that we had already started to contact tracing just prior to that event,” he said
They are having to explain why Trump went to Jersey. Some actions were taken implying this is for real, but then they kind of ignored it in other ways, like him going to Jersey while apparently exhibiting symptoms.

I called it months ago... and then dropped it. Picking it back up again now....

Trump will escape the inevitable legal repercussions of his activities over the past years by faking his death and escaping to Russia to be roomates with Snowden.

The trouble is this:
article said:
Pressed by CNN’s Joe Johns on the timing of when the White House learned Hope Hicks had tested positive, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows conceded that people knew of her positive diagnosis before Marine One took off for New Jersey on Thursday afternoon for a fundraiser.

Some staffers, he said, were pulled from Marine One, raising further questions about why the trip proceeded, the President coming into contact with numerous supporters at his Bedminster club.

"I’m not going to get into the tick tock. I can tell you, in terms of Hope Hicks, we discovered that right as the Marine One was taking off yesterday," Meadows said. "We actually pulled some of the people that have been traveling and in close contact. The reason why it was reported out, just frankly, is that we had already started to contact tracing just prior to that event,” he said
They are having to explain why Trump went to Jersey. Some actions were taken implying this is for real, but then they kind of ignored it in other ways, like him going to Jersey while apparently exhibiting symptoms.

Hicks could very much be part of the con.

I keep hearing pundits and Democrats on tv this morning giving their best wishes for a speedy recovery for the president. Seriously?

You know bonespurs would NOT be sending well wishes if a democrat or especially if a newsperson got it.

I know. I guess they are just trying to look like they are taking the high road.

And, no. I don't think Trump is pretending to have COVID. He's been extremely careless, so it was just a matter of time before he becomes infected. If he's lucky, he'll have a mild case. Sure, he's high risk, but the majority of people don't die from the virus, not even old farts with underlying conditions. It would be just if he at least got really sick and realized how awful this virus can be.

I'm more skeptical that his symptoms are as mild as his staff claims. I'm also skeptical that he's in good spirits. When is he ever in good spirits? Melania might not have a serious case since she's younger, female and probably has no underlying risk factors. The same goes for Hope Hicks.

People are all so worried that he won't be able to "lead the country". When has he ever effectively led the country? We are probably better off if he's too sick to work, if you call playing golf, watching tv and tweeting all day work!

Ooooh. Republican Senator, Mike Lee, just tested positive. Maybe Republicans will start wearing masks and social distancing after several Republican jerks test positive.

I keep hearing pundits and Democrats on tv this morning giving their best wishes for a speedy recovery for the president. Seriously?

You know bonespurs would NOT be sending well wishes if a democrat or especially if a newsperson got it.

I know. I guess they are just trying to look like they are taking the high road.

And, no. I don't think Trump is pretending to have COVID. He's been extremely careless, so it was just a matter of time before he becomes infected. If he's lucky, he'll have a mild case. Sure, he's high risk, but the majority of people don't die from the virus, not even old farts with underlying conditions. It would be just if he at least got really sick and realized how awful this virus can be.

I'm more skeptical that his symptoms are as mild as his staff claims. I'm also skeptical that he's in good spirits.
It is rare to say someone is in "good spirits" if their health isn't deteriorating.

When is he ever in good spirits? Melania might not have a serious case since she's younger, female and probably has no underlying risk factors. The same goes for Hope Hicks.
It'd be interesting if contact tracing is done and find out if Trump gave it to her or vice versa.

People are all so worried that he won't be able to "lead the country". When has he ever effectively led the country? We are probably better off if he's too sick too work, if you call playing gold, watching tv and tweeting all day work!
Actually, it gets interesting. With Hicks being near McConnell (don't know if he was wearing a mask), it makes Barrett a potential issue. As there is a small majority in the Senate, which is why McConnell noted wanting to rush this nomination today. If McConnell gets sick, that is one vote temporarily out (would there be others?). Again, this is why lots of testing helps, because if we don't know about Hicks for a week, that means it spreads among her contacts, then her contacts contacts.

The GOP don't have many votes to afford. And there is Mark Kelly becoming a Senator at the end of November, reducing their advantage by 1 critical vote. The GOP could possibly need to wait to vote... and even then... that potentially can mean others get sick.

The Trump Admin has created one of the most bizarre presidencies in American history.

Sen. Mike Lee is positive for coronavirus.

Mike Lee is on the Judiciary committee. If one more GOP member on it gets ill, there isn't a majority to send her to the floor.
What makes you think they won't just send in a vote via zoom or something similar?
Technically speaking, if the Dems wanted to go there, as a tit for tat with Garland, they could take it to court, the legality of voting via Zoom.

And this is also assuming they are healthy enough to be involved via a Zoom.

Sen. Mike Lee is positive for coronavirus.

Mike Lee is on the Judiciary committee. If one more GOP member on it gets ill, there isn't a majority to send her to the floor.
What makes you think they won't just send in a vote via zoom or something similar?
Technically speaking, if the Dems wanted to go there, as a tit for tat with Garland, they could take it to court, the legality of voting via Zoom.

That would be fun to watch. :)

Did the gop pull some shenanigans about remote voting with Garland? Or just in general? I seem to remember early on this year them trying to force congress to vote in person, but nothing before that.

Either Trump didn't appreciate the irony, or he isn't feeling well at all.
article said:
President Trump is not participating in the midday call about coronavirus support for seniors that was listed on his public schedule.Instead, Vice President Mike Pence kicked off the call, saying Trump asked him to lead it, according to a state official.
Pence did not provide a reason beyond saying that Trump and the first lady tested positive. From there, he jumped into remarks.

That would be fun to watch. :)

Did the gop pull some shenanigans about remote voting with Garland? Or just in general? I seem to remember early on this year them trying to force congress to vote in person, but nothing before that.
Garland was Garland and the GOP needs to pay for what they did.

The Zoom stuff is new tech. Is it legal? Probably, but the Dems could go to the courts, 'just to be safe'. I don't know if that is a good avenue to take, but it might be there.

Back
Top Bottom