• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump threaten Iran: The art of distraction

untermensche

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
magic mood ring
He "threatens".

The latest from our dear president with dementia.

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Demented words of violence and death in condemnation of the same.

He is not unhinged folks. Don't worry.

It is called the art of distraction.

His failure with Putin is turning Republicans against him.

He needs to show how tough he is.

Declare war and in the US your popularity goes up.

That of course is the whole problem.

If it were reversed wars would be much rarer.

Yup. A distraction that hopefully won’t work. He doesn’t have enough to go to war right now. He’d have to have Congressional backing. But he may be trying to inflame the situation enough to get his casus belli.

This is all we need. I just hope that the generals and admirals have the guts to tell him to go fuck himself.

SLD

When the playground bully pushes you around, show how tough you really are by pushing around the littlest kid.

And don't forget, some Republicans have been spoiling for a fight with Iran for decades.

When the playground bully pushes you around, show how tough you really are by pushing around the littlest kid.

Yep. Trump, the 8th grader bully, got pushed down on the way home from school by a high school bully. So then he goes home and kicks his dog.

And don't forget, some Republicans have been spoiling for a fight with Iran for decades.

John Bolton in particular, which makes this scary. But if Trump is good for anything, it's empty boisterous threats. It's a good bet that by Wednesday, this will have been a throwaway tweet, and we'll be on to something else.

I am so sick and tired of his hyperbole. Every fucking statement has to be fire and brimstone or ecstasy and orgies.

Trump is playing to his base. He is not credible. But the problem is that at some point, his base will expect him to deliver. And if he does something that brings home US military in body bags, he/his party will pay the price. Which is why he will do nothing until after the midterms, unless he/his party gets desperate.

Trump is playing to his base. He is not credible. But the problem is that at some point, his base will expect him to deliver. And if he does something that brings home US military in body bags, he/his party will pay the price. Which is why he will do nothing until after the midterms, unless he/his party gets desperate.

You're more optimistic about Trump's base than I am.

I'M SURE THE IRANIAN LEADERSHIP IS GOING TO TAKE HIM MORE SERIOUSLY BECAUSE HE TYPES IN ALL CAPS.

Covfefe.
If I were Iran, I think it would have replied, "Your Caps Lock is stuck."

Attacking and occupying Iran? It will never, ever, ever-ever-ever happen.
What does that leave? Massive air attack, which, by all the assessments I've read, would push Iran's nuclear program back for 5 years. Not to mention the attacks Iran would launch on Israel and God knows who else. Obama's deal wasn't "perfect", as if any deal is, and as if we had overwhelming leverage on Iran and could get everything we wanted. As usual, America First turns out to be America Alone and America Deluded. MAGA, y'all. And oh yeah -- if we cause yet more destruction and horror in the Middle East, we aint taking no refugees. That's your problem, desert folks.

Trump is a very stable genius?
You don't believe it? Want Proof?
Here it is:
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT RUSSIA OR HUSH_MONEY PAYMENTS

QED

Is this one of those taking him literally not seriously moments? *Sigh*

After Helsinki and North Korea, this looks not just weak, but pathetic. Every damn GOP that was constantly accusing Obama of weakness should be clamoring for the orange turds removal.

mX8hdtG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom