• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

Obongo was known as the Appeaser In Chief.

By a few Republitards, maybe. Big deal.

Trump is known by the majority of Americans as Putin's puppet, MBS's lapdog, Kim Jong Un's play toy, the Rapist in Chief, Liar in Chief, killer of at least 36,000 Americans via dereliction of duty and/or negligent manslaughter...

No comparison.

Well, using your own ad-hom to reinforce later ad-homs obviously works, right? Or at least we know it does when you don't have the intelligence to know what an ad-hom is.

Is Trump arguing here? Or do you represent yourself as his proxy?
Otherwise, there's no "ad hom" coming from me. Presenting descriptions commonly used to describe a third party not in the conversation is not an ad-hom argument.
Ironically, "you don't have the intelligence to know what an ad-hom is" is in fact an ad-hominem insult, as I am the person you are addressing. So you get a two-fer for that; you insulted me instead of making a point, and in the process, demeaned your own intelligence.
Good one! :D

Use Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow Spread | CDC
How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering

Cloth face coverings should—
  • fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • be secured with ties or ear loops
  • include multiple layers of fabric
  • allow for breathing without restriction
  • be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
That page also recommends two layers of typical cotton fabric for a do-it-yourself mask.

State of COVID-19 Contact Tracing in the U.S. - United States of Care

How We Reopen Safely - covidexitstrategy.org - shows how different states are doing

More proof face masks work: Covering your mouth and nose can curb spread of the coronavirus by up to 75%, study claims

More evidence face masks help curb the spread of the coronavirus has emerged after a study found it reduced infection by up to 75 per cent.

Researchers in Hong Kong studied transmission of the virus between hamsters, with half infected with COVID-19 and the other being healthy.

They analysed various scenarios in which the hamsters cages were either cloaked with face mask material or not.

Although it's completely different to how humans interact, the researchers said it showed 'very clearly' that covering the nose and mouth is hugely effective to mitigate spread.

Trump today, in a very short press appearance, declared churches essential services and said he will override any governors who disagree. An then ran out of the briefing without taking questions about yet another worthless and divisive proclamation during the national pandemic.

That's my argument that Obongo was known as the Appeaser In Chief. I've never accused you of calling the Trump any kind of appeaser as he's far from it! He's the only president in decades that actually stands up for America. It's the main reason the left hate the ground he stands on.

So they are guilty of the exact same thing and yet "Obungo" is the villain and Trump is not in your eyes because of reasons. Got it. That's a fucking terrible argument, by the way.

A terrible argument? HTF dd you reach that conclusion? One president who toured the mainly islamic world on taking office apologizing for his perceived American wrongdoings, which by the way, [America apart from the Iraq WMD fiasco, but still Saddam was a danger to all the nations surrounding Iraq ] has nothing to apologize for to anyone. And the other latter president who stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals, a defender of said Western Civilization and culture and " America First " policy. There's no argument!

That's my argument that Obongo was known as the Appeaser In Chief. I've never accused you of calling the Trump any kind of appeaser as he's far from it! He's the only president in decades that actually stands up for America. It's the main reason the left hate the ground he stands on.

So they are guilty of the exact same thing and yet "Obungo" is the villain and Trump is not in your eyes because of reasons. Got it. That's a fucking terrible argument, by the way.

A terrible argument? HTF dd you reach that conclusion? One president who toured the mainly islamic world on taking office apologizing for his perceived American wrongdoings, which by the way, [America apart from the Iraq WMD fiasco, but still Saddam was a danger to all the nations surrounding Iraq ] has nothing to apologize for to anyone. And the other latter president who stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals, a defender of said Western Civilization and culture and " America First " policy. There's no argument!

Good lord, you are a rube if you believe this. Trump is a buffoon, everywhere he goes he embarrasses the United States. He has defended nothing except himself, and neither knows nor cares about American ideals.

There's plenty. Firstly

1)Obama apologized for jack shit. The was bullshit propaganda perpetuated by the far right. Show me a quote where Obama apologized for America.

2)Trump "stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals"? Fuck off. This is a guy who lies about NATO, appoints ambassadors who spread lies about Western nations and has nothing but nice things to say about dictators like Kim Jong Un, knuckled under to Erdogan in one of the worst acts of betrayal and appeasement by a US President in at least the last half century, and could probably tell what Putin's cock tastes like if you ask him nicely.

3)It's pretty clear you are being disingenuous. As you constantly source from bigoted Islamophobic websites, it's pretty obvious where your prejudices lie. Therefore, if you had an ounce of integrity then this photo should make your blood boil:
25720_Trump-Middle-East_1516372285103.jpg

Instead all we hear from you is how Obama is the appeaser. A five second google search proves that you are pathetically inconsistent in your arguments.

"Stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals" indeed. Just admit you are fucking ignorant on the topic and stop embarrassing yourself.

Obongo was known as the Appeaser In Chief.

By a few Republitards, maybe. Big deal.

Trump is known by the majority of Americans as Putin's puppet, MBS's lapdog, Kim Jong Un's play toy, the Rapist in Chief, Liar in Chief, killer of at least 36,000 Americans via dereliction of duty and/or negligent manslaughter...

No comparison.

Yea, correct, all of that, but by delusional Dem and the far left who actually fear him taking the ground they stand on away from them!

There's plenty. Firstly

1)Obama apologized for jack shit. The was bullshit propaganda perpetuated by the far right. Show me a quote where Obama apologized for America.

2)Trump "stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals"? Fuck off. This is a guy who lies about NATO, appoints ambassadors who spread lies about Western nations and has nothing but nice things to say about dictators like Kim Jong Un, knuckled under to Erdogan in one of the worst acts of betrayal and appeasement by a US President in at least the last half century, and could probably tell what Putin's cock tastes like if you ask him nicely.

3)It's pretty clear you are being disingenuous. As you constantly source from bigoted Islamophobic websites, it's pretty obvious where your prejudices lie. Therefore, if you had an ounce of integrity then this photo should make your blood boil:
25720_Trump-Middle-East_1516372285103.jpg

Instead all we hear from you is how Obama is the appeaser. A five second google search proves that you are pathetically inconsistent in your arguments.

"Stands up for Western Civilization and American ideals" indeed. Just admit you are fucking ignorant on the topic and stop embarrassing yourself.

I'll call your apologist bullshit for what is is............pure unadulterated bullshit! .......................................https://www.heritage.org/europe/rep...s-how-the-president-has-humiliated-superpower

Rebekah Jones lays out the truth about Ron DeSantis' data manipulation campaign.

Trumpian dishonesty is percolating down to the State level wherever Republican Governors preside. This unconscionable smearing of a hard working scientist in retribution for her work and what it revealed, is emblematic of the war on truth that is being waged at all levels of government by the Party of Putin. READ IT.

We need a wholesale cleansing of Republicans from public office.

Yea, correct, all of that, but by delusional Dem and the far left who actually fear him taking the ground they stand on away from them!

Your opinion then, is that the majority of Americans are delusional far left Dems.
I see. No need to consider anything else you have to say in that case, since your ignorance and delusion about the American public is founded on Murdoch propaganda.

I'll call your apologist bullshit for what is is............pure unadulterated bullshit! .......................................https://www.heritage.org/europe/rep...s-how-the-president-has-humiliated-superpower

Ummm....none of the quotes in your link are inaccurate or wrong let alone a humiliation of the United States. We've had a dark history...and currently a dark present. To ignore that history is to be foolish, especially when dealing with foreign leaders who know our history well and see us flip-flop on policies with nearly every new president elected because of our divided national views.

Do you honestly think the United States has a perfect history? Do you honestly think other nations don't see our flawed past? Acknowledging mistakes is the first step of learning from them.

Trump deems houses of worship 'essential' amid pandemic - CNNPolitics

Trump leaves the White House to go golfing at Trump National
Trump is golfing at his Virginia club amid the coronavirus pandemic - CNNPolitics
Trump visits one of his private golf courses for first time in 75 days - "The president's visit to Trump National Golf Club in Virginia comes as the White House is pushing states to lift stay-at-home orders and for the economy to reopen."

Trump Golf Count

Golfing should be fairly safe, since it should be easy to practice social distancing as one plays it.

But back in 2008, Bush says gave up golf in solidarity with Iraq dead - Reuters
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush said on Tuesday he quit playing golf in 2003 out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf,” Bush said in an interview with Yahoo and Politico.com.

Essential workers lose hazard pay as coronavirus pandemic rages - Vox
Kroger and other companies provided “hero pay” to employees as the pandemic ratcheted up the risk to their safety. For many, it will end this month.

Ummm....none of the quotes in your link are inaccurate or wrong let alone a humiliation of the United States. We've had a dark history...and currently a dark present. To ignore that history is to be foolish, especially when dealing with foreign leaders who know our history well and see us flip-flop on policies with nearly every new president elected because of our divided national views.

Do you honestly think the United States has a perfect history? Do you honestly think other nations don't see our flawed past? Acknowledging mistakes is the first step of learning from them.
Another irony is that the Repug's, at least in theory, should have no problem with such (at least in the past). As they typically espouse(ed) Christian values, which should require such attitudes with humility et.al. Yeah, I know they were never really very good at it. The alt-reality crowd has transformed the GOP into a much more angry, Darwinian, us/them grouping.

angelo, there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in Fox News.

Political Polarization & Media Habits | Pew Research Center can be summarized as follows:

The US population can roughly be divided into left, center, and right. Likewise for the US news media. For example, Mother Jones is leftist, the New York Times is centrist, and Breitbart is rightist. Leftists trust the left and the center, centrists trust only the center, and rightists trust only the right.
[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD]R[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]L[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]R[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]X[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Rows: people
Columns: news sources

I did a principal components analysis on the amounts of trust and distrust, and I found that the news-media sources fell into two blobs.

The largest one was a long one that extended from The Daily Kos to The Economist. There second one was smaller, but still elongated, extending from The Rush Limbaugh Show to Fox News.

Conclusion: it's the right that lives in a bubble.

The New York Times on Twitter: "The front page of The New York Times for May 24, 2020 https://t.co/Mp4figjnQe" / Twitter - tomorrow's print edition, as I write this.

"US Deaths Near 100,000, an Incalculable Loss"
"They Were Not Simply Names on a List. They Were Us."

Nearly all of the May 24 print edition's front page is taken up with a list of some of the 1,000 known COVID-19 deaths that the NYT will list in that edition.

Trump Golfs While More Americans Die - Rolling Stone -- points out how he attacked his predecessor Barack Obama for golfing.
In October of 2014, Trump tweeted that Obama was being derelict in his duties as a sitting president because he was golfing, writing, “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter.”

“President Obama has a major meeting on the NYC Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!” Trump tweeted.

“When you’re president, you sorta say, ‘I’m gonna give [golf] up for a couple of years and really focus on the job,’” Trump said. “It sends the wrong signal.”

And in 2016, then-candidate Trump said, “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

Well, so much for that.

Report: Coronavirus Outbreaks Are Spiking In Counties That Voted For Trump | Michael Stone\
Anecdotal evidence lends credence to the idea that Trump supporters may be more susceptible to the virus. For example, Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, died from the virus.

And Karen Kolb Sehlke, a Trump-loving woman from Texas, is dead from COVID-19 after claiming the virus was a “media driven” hoax.
noting
Coronavirus is spiking disproportionately in counties that voted for Trump in 2016
While COVID-19 is finally beginning to wane in some of the U.S. cities it hit hardest and earliest, coronavirus spread is still far from its peak in most small cities and rural areas across the country. And over the past four weeks, it's been more likely that counties will show a high prevalence of coronavirus next if they voted for President Trump in 2016, an analysis by the Brookings Institution reveals.
noting
COVID-19 continues spreading into counties with strong Trump support
As more parts of America proclaim themselves open for business, COVID-19 continues to expand into new counties and states in many areas with demographic and political orientations favorable to President Donald Trump. This is especially noteworthy given that the president has
pushed for an even faster reopening of the U.S. economy.

Now, for four weeks running, counties newly designated with a high prevalence of COVID-19 cases were more likely to have voted for Trump than for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, according to our analyses. In the latest week of this monitor, such counties favored Trump by a 12% margin in 2016, and, as in recent weeks, they are also much less urban and less racially diverse than places where the coronavirus was most prevalent in March and early April.
When it was mainly in blue-state cities, they gloated, but will they continue to gloat when they get sick with the disease?

Book Review: <i>Dying of Whiteness</i> | Adam Lee
Summary: White conservatives are willing to impoverish, sicken and kill themselves to prevent people of color from getting ahead.

Even as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps down on middle America, red states seem determined to make it worse on themselves. Armed mobs waving Confederate flags demand the reopening of bars and hair salons; right-wing churches argue that banning large gatherings infringes their freedom of religion; and refusal to wear a face mask has become a conservative rallying cry.

This has become a theme of the Trump administration: conservative white voters loudly demanding policies that will harm themselves worst of all. Jonathan Metzl’s book Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Is Killing America’s Heartland is an exploration of why. Metzl, a professor of sociology at Vanderbilt University, profiles red states that have suffered badly from the laws their own voters wanted.
Then discusses several examples of that.
The conservatives that Metzl talks with frame their concerns as a matter of cost and individual responsibility. To hear them tell it, it’s simply too expensive to do anything to improve people’s health. But again, there are overtly racist undertones to their resistance. White voters, even those who live on government benefits themselves, expressed an all-consuming fear of their tax dollars going to benefit “Mexicans and welfare queens”. They cared about this more highly than the possibility of health care reform improving their own lives.
So they would gladly die of COVID-19 if it meant that more black and Hispanics would also die of COVID-19.

LBJ's famous quote:
If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.

As Trump Rails Against Voting by Mail, States Open the Door for It - The New York Times
By threatening on Wednesday to withhold federal grants to Michigan and Nevada if those states send absentee ballots or applications to voters, President Trump has taken his latest stand against what is increasingly viewed as a necessary option for voting amid a pandemic.

What he has not done is stop anyone from getting an absentee ballot.
At least not so far. Several states are going ahead with expanding absentee voting.
What little fraud that occurs is often committed by insiders, not voters, and limiting mail balloting or enacting measures like ID laws would not deter it. The latest example: Two local political figures pleaded guilty on Thursday to accepting $2,500 in bribes to stuff ballot boxes in three Philadelphia judicial races.

It's now become clear exactly how Republicans might try to overturn a Biden victory in November
Michael McDonald, a University of Florida professor who studies elections, said spurious claims about election results are par for the course for Trump.

“This is a pattern that we've seen throughout his presidency where he, even after winning, wanted to throw down on the fact that he had lost the popular vote and made allegations about non-citizens voting that would explain why he had lost the popular vote,” McDonald said, though he took care to note that such allegations were “of course, completely unfounded”.

He added that Trump appears to be engaged in “a similar pattern of throwing down on the electoral system, where it may either in the future or afterwards adversely affect him”.
By yelling "Fraud!!!"

But I suspect that he is VERY bad at planning, unlike (say) Mitch McConnell, who titles his memoirs "The Long Game". But a lot of Republicans might be planning on making that sort of claim in case they lose.

Trump escalates fight against mail-in voting | TheHill
“It’s just a new variation on how he was calling into question the election results before the election happened and sowing distrust,” said Doug Heye, former Republican National Committee communications director. “You didn’t hear Republicans talking about mail-in ballots being a problem six months ago or four years ago.”

The president has in recent weeks decried mail-in voting as “corrupt,” “terrible” and “very dangerous,” insisting Americans should vote in person barring extraordinary circumstances and be required to present identification.
I seriously doubt that Trump has ever had big setbacks over his career. Setbacks big enough to make him ask himself "Why did I do that?" If he is capable of such thought at all. I'm thinking of what Steve Jobs said in his commencement address to Stanford University in 2005.

Text of Steve Jobs' Commencement address (2005) After talking about his being fired from Apple, starting NeXT, and then returning to Apple, he said "I’m pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple. It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick."

I don't think that Trump has ever had a moment like that.

Back
Top Bottom