• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump vs. voting by mail

If Trump is so concerned about voterfraud why would he pardon someone who actually voted illegally??

You have to put it in context. He pardoned a woman who did not want to be pardoned, a century after it matters.

So, disrespecting a woman's wishes, and doing something long after it has any meaning, but that distracts from the terrible shit he is doing now which goes against everything that woman stood for? That is just par for the course for Trump.

McCarthy told Trump trashing mail-in voting will hurt Republicans: report | TheHill
That's House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).
"I tried to show him ... you know who is most afraid of COVID? Seniors. And if they're not going to go vote, period, we're screwed," McCarthy told an Axios reporter, according to a report published Sunday.

The top House Republican told the outlet that he spent hours warning the president that his preoccupation with slamming mail-in voting will not only him but also Republicans running for Congress.

“We could lose based on that," McCarthy told Axios.
Scoop: McCarthy warns Trump's war on mail could screw GOP - Axios
The other side: Trump trashes mail voting in part because he sees the messaging as good cover if he loses to Joe Biden in November, sources close to the president’s re-election campaign tell Axios.

Last week, Trump even encouraged supporters in North Carolina to violate the law and vote twice — through the mail and in-person — to test the process.
What a bad loser. He seems like a big baby.

McCarthy told Trump trashing mail-in voting will hurt Republicans: report | TheHill
That's House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).
"I tried to show him ... you know who is most afraid of COVID? Seniors. And if they're not going to go vote, period, we're screwed," McCarthy told an Axios reporter, according to a report published Sunday.

The top House Republican told the outlet that he spent hours warning the president that his preoccupation with slamming mail-in voting will not only him but also Republicans running for Congress.

“We could lose based on that," McCarthy told Axios.

Trump can’t see this. Trump only sees his possibly losing and the best way to combat this is to muddy the waters. He looks upon it as a court battle and he need only sow doubt to win.
Given the choice of listening to the advice of those around him or going with his own instincts, which will Trump go with? I think we all know the answer to that. We need only count up the bankruptcies and a lifetime of boneheaded ideas for reassurance.

Scoop: McCarthy warns Trump's war on mail could screw GOP - Axios
The other side: Trump trashes mail voting in part because he sees the messaging as good cover if he loses to Joe Biden in November, sources close to the president’s re-election campaign tell Axios.

Last week, Trump even encouraged supporters in North Carolina to violate the law and vote twice — through the mail and in-person — to test the process.
What a bad loser. He seems like a big baby.

With Trump, winning is everything. I don’t think he cares about cover after the fact.

That would be so beautiful if Trump screws himself with this vote by mail hissy fit. 53% of Biden voters would vote by mail if available, only 27% of Republicans would. Voting by mail is easier for many so would favor those who would do so. Cold, bad weather on election day could depress the in person voting turnout in the upper Mid West, for example. Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota....

Federal judge temporarily blocks USPS operational changes amid concerns about mail slowdowns, election

A federal judge in Washington state on Thursday granted a request from 14 states to temporarily block operational changes within the U.S. Postal Service that have been blamed for a slowdown in mail delivery, saying President Trump and Postmaster General Louis DeJoy are “involved in a politically motivated attack” on the agency that could disrupt the 2020 election.

Stanley A. Bastian, chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, said policies put in place under DeJoy “likely will slow down delivery of ballots” this fall, creating a “substantial possibility that many voters will be disenfranchised and the states may not be able to effectively, timely, accurately determine election outcomes.”

Former top Postal Service official testifies Mnuchin and White House were involved in slowing mail

The former Vice Chairman of the Postal Board of Governors testified Thursday that the Trump administration has been "politicizing" the Postal Service and using Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to inappropriately influence the organization for political ends that will eventually harm the customers and businesses the Postal Service is supposed to serve.

David Williams, former USPS Inspector General and former Vice Chair of the USPS Board of Governors, testified before the Congressional Progressive Caucus on Thursday that he resigned "when it became clear to me that the administration was politicizing the Postal Service with the treasury secretary as the lead figure for the White House in that effort."

By statute, Mnuchin as treasury secretary is responsible for providing the Postal Service with a line of credit, Williams testified. But Mnuchin "was using that responsibility to make demands that I believed would turn the Postal Service into a political tool, ending its long history as an apolitical public infrastructure."

Hard to imagine how badly Republicans would fare if someone stopped them from cheating...

This reminds me of the Papyrus of Ani (Egypt, ~1200 BCE), where one is supposed to say at one point "I have not stopped water". That seems mysterious until one recognizes that Egyptian agriculture has been a heavy user of irrigation for all of that territory's 5 thousand years of recorded history. So keeping water flowing in irrigation canals is a necessity.

With his postal-system sabotage, Trump has committed a similar misdeed.

This reminds me of the Papyrus of Ani (Egypt, ~1200 BCE), where one is supposed to say at one point "I have not stopped water". That seems mysterious until one recognizes that Egyptian agriculture has been a heavy user of irrigation for all of that territory's 5 thousand years of recorded history. So keeping water flowing in irrigation canals is a necessity.

With his postal-system sabotage, Trump has committed a similar misdeed.

"Ani" - Plural of "Anus".

Therefore "Papyrus of Ani" - "Paper of the arseholes". No?

IMG_5413.JPG

Back
Top Bottom