• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Trump was a good president (split from: As a politician how can I serve everyone)

To notify a split thread.

NightHawkBuzz

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Republican
:staffwarn:
This thread was split from here to discuss the political issues. Go to the original if you want to discuss under support rules the moral growth of a member.

Bilby is correct. The fact that you want the power is a horrific thing. We have too many people in government who are obsessed with their power and their vision of how government should be run is frightening. We had a president who was clueless and had no idea what he was doing. He attacks and threatens people who don't agree with him or who criticize him. Because of him, the people who are investigating his crimes are receiving death threats. We have a speaker who cares more about his power than getting the job done.
I disagree to me Trump was a really good president and he will be a good president again if he wins which I am really hoping he does.

Trump was moving the nation forward in the right direction and he was doing good things for this country.

Biden has reserved many of the good things trump has done.

I like the stuff that Trump proposes and he is the candidate I want to see become president.
No. I don't think you will ever be president. I'll probably be dead by the time you're even old enough to run, but now that you're telling us that you want the power and you want the government to be run in your vision makes me feel that you are totally unqualified to hold office. Sorry to have to say that, but you've just made yourself clear in your recent posts. Perhaps you can change. Perhaps some people will help you develop empathy, but I'm not sure who your mentors are or if they are positive influences on you.
I might not win but I WILL run for president one day. Even if I don't win the presidency I WILL leave my mark on politics. I am determined to leave my mark on politics and I can do that in many different ways as a representative, senator, mayor, governor, ambassador or even vice president.

Even if I don't win the presidency my mark will be left on politics and I will STILL run one day to become president.
And btw, a president doesn't run the country. He is just one of the 3 branches of government who are supposed to run the country. Right now, those in power aren't doing their job, especially Congress and SCOTUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bilby is correct. The fact that you want the power is a horrific thing. We have too many people in government who are obsessed with their power and their vision of how government should be run is frightening.

Early in the documentary Unfit: The Psychology of Donald Trump, experts give good perspective on the psychology of top politicians.

A large number of politicians are narcissistic. Like it or not, it's almost qualification for the top job! Bill Clinton also suffered from hypomania -- but this "energized" him and made him a stronger leader.

I don't know the diagnoses of President John F. Kennedy, but he was quite narcissistic, very ruthless, and was an extreme sex addict. Yet many still regard him as a good President.

The big problem according to experts (who say that observing a person's behavior in a large number of TV sessions gives much MORE information than could be obtained in personal interviews) is when a politician has "the most severe personality disorder": Malignant Narcissism.

Malignant Narcissism
is defined as the conjunction of FOUR psychiatric symptoms:
  • Narcissism;
  • Paranoia;
  • Anti-Social Personality Disorder (subsuming the now-disused diagnoses of sociopathy and psychopathy); and
  • Sadism.

Donald J. Trump has all four of these symptoms. Who else suffered (or suffers) from Malignant Narcissism? Adolf Hitler strikes me as an obvious example. (Although sharing the same diagnosis and sharing much of the same behavior, there also seem to be clear differences in Trump's and Hitler's cognition and styles.)
That's fine I like Donald Trump I like the laws he put into place he was a really good president. I hope he wins again in the next election so I am fine with that.

Some of you don't like him but I do I am a republican remember.

Some people think that Donald Trump should have never been president and is unqualified to be in politics.
And those people are objectively right.
Some people think Joe Biden shouldn't be president and is unqualified to be in politics.
And those people are objectively wrong.

Reality exists independently of people's opinions.

I disagree to me Trump was a really good president and he will be a good president again if he wins which I am really hoping he does.

Trump was moving the nation forward in the right direction and he was doing good things for this country.
What colour is the sky in your fantasy world?

Trump is a criminal, a traitor, and a con-artist. His loyalty is to himself first, Russia second (because he sees Putin as having influence over the success or failure of Trump), and nobody else (certainly not the United States of America) third.

He is easily the worst President in the history of your country, and that's not an easy thing to accomplish, as you have had some real stinkers.

That he was ever even considered as a candidate for the presidency says that your system is badly broken. That he won it is a searing indictment of the entire corrupt mess.

Yes anyone can become president. And this guy might become president again!
The presidency is limited to natural born citizens. Someone not born a US citizen has no possibility of ever becoming president.
"No possibility" is a rather smaller number than I think you realise.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has been touted as a possible candidate to inspire a constitutional amendment to this requirement, to enable his candidacy for President.

The probability of such an amendment being passed is very low; But it certainly isn't zero.
I was talking about Donald Trump not Arnold Schwarznegger when I was responding to Elixir.

Elixir said earlier in another comment "I wish I could guarantee with some kind of certainty that what has so far been presented, precludes him/it from ever attaining elected office. But there is an orange, high-functioning moron demonstrating otherwise.
Yes, ANYONE can become President".

So I was saying yes anyone can become president and trump might become president again! That's what I was responding to I know Arnold can never be president I wasn't talking about him.

Like Quote Reply

Trump is a criminal, a traitor, and a con-artist. His loyalty is to himself first, Russia second (because he sees Putin as having influence over the success or failure of Trump), and nobody else (certainly not the United States of America) third.

He is easily the worst President in the history of your country, and that's not an easy thing to accomplish, as you have had some real stinkers.

That he was ever even considered as a candidate for the presidency says that your system is badly broken. That he won it is a searing indictment of the entire corrupt mess.
I disagree completely I thought Trump was a really good president. He isn't the worst of all time to me or even one of the worst.

I liked a lot of the things he did while he was president. He created many good laws that helped the country.

I have seen a lot of what he would like to propose in a second term and I like it and I hope he does win.

You have your opinion but there are many people that agree with me that is why he is the front runner among republicans now.

Like I told them you could make the case that any person is the "wrong type of politican".
Sure; But when that person is Trump, you can not only make the case, you can prove it.

Reality exists, whether you like it or not.
I disagree as well as many other republicans would with you Trump was a really good president.

To me trump did our country well.

He created many good laws that helped the country.
Presidents aren't supposed to create laws at all; That's the role of the legislative branch.

But I am prepared to consider the possibility that you're right, if you can give me three (which is far fewer than "many") examples of laws Trump "created", and show how those laws helped the country.

Presidents aren't supposed to create laws at all; That's the role of the legislative branch.

But I am prepared to consider the possibility that you're right, if you can give me three (which is far fewer than "many") examples of laws Trump "created", and show how those laws helped the country.
I would but there controversial so they would anger people on here and I don't want anyone trying to attack me.

The big problem according to experts (who say that observing a person's behavior in a large number of TV sessions gives much MORE information than could be obtained in personal interviews) is when a politician has "the most severe personality disorder": Malignant Narcissism.

Malignant Narcissism
is defined as the conjunction of FOUR psychiatric symptoms:
  • Narcissism;
  • Paranoia;
  • Anti-Social Personality Disorder (subsuming the now-disused diagnoses of sociopathy and psychopathy); and
  • Sadism.

Donald J. Trump has all four of these symptoms....
That's fine I like Donald Trump I like the laws he put into place he was a really good president. I hope he wins again in the next election so I am fine with that.

Some of you don't like him but I do I am a republican remember.

Just to clarify: Do you like Donald Trump BECAUSE he has the most severe personality disorder, or DESPITE that?

Are you a white American male? Trump would win in a landslide if only white Americn males voted; so you're not alone.

But it's not easy to find a Trump supporter intelligent enough to post on message-boards and willing to answer questions. Will you stick around for us? May we ask questions?

What do you think about the criminal indictments against Trump? A judge has revoked all his business licenses in New York Stat. What's your take on that?

How did you feel about Trump meeting with Putin with no third-party present except Putin's interpreter?

I would but there controversial so they would anger people on here and I don't want anyone trying to attack me.
You weren't asked about controversial laws, you were asked about good laws that helped the country. Such laws are rarely controversial; Good laws that help the country typically have bipartisan support.

So, that's zero out of three.

Well done, you have convinced me that even you don't actually have a single example of a good law Trump created that helped the country.

To me trump did our country well.

Suppose Trump were found guilty in court of aiding the terrorism and sedition that occurred on J6. Don't forget this led to murder. His trickery even led to the death of Ashli Babbit who was so convinced by his propaganda she was willing to break through the defenses of government, leading the way for an armed charge at Congress. Now, suppose you are a judge and need to hand down the sentence to Trump for his actions. I'd say that Ashli Babbit wasn't so pure and was a victim but police officers were violently assaulted and others were trampled to death. Some others he tricked into doing his bidding had intentions to overthrow the government but thought they were doing the moral thing. In any case, Trump talks a lot about how the punishment for sedition should be death. So, if he's found guilty of sedition and now it's up to you to give a sentence, are you going to give him the death penalty or not?

I disagree completely I thought Trump was a really good president.
You already said that.
But I am curious … what do you “think” was good about him?
His hatred of people he thinks are bad (women, minorities)?
His love of his billionaire donors?
He certainly never accomplished shit. So what was good about him? His criminal career? His TV show? His hairstyle? His disdain for democracy? His desire to put the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff to death for telling the truth about him?

It’s a mystery to me, but I can guarantee that modeling yourself on the Donald will never get you a majority vote in any venue, outside a few extreme right wing cloisters of ignorant media-island dwellers. Most people have an IQ of 98 or better.

Trump talks a lot about how the punishment for sedition should be death. So, if he's found guilty of sedition and now it's up to you to give a sentence, are you going to give him the death penalty or not?

Lol … thanks for eliciting some blatant hypocrisy. Trumpsuckers have a wholly separate, compartmentalized view of their idol’s culpability. They believe him when he sez he’s president so he can “do anything”. They would never grant such powers to Obama or Biden.

Well done, you have convinced me that even you don't actually have a single example of a good law Trump created that helped the country.

Laws? A brilliant and courageous genius like Trump doesn't need help from legislators to do great things. In no particular order:
  • His friendships with Putin and Kim led to the strengthening of a Russia-North Korea alliance. Together with his policies to strengthen China, this has reduced the threats posed by the Evil Anglophonic Axis.
  • His policy of separating asylum seekers from their babies has discouraged immigration. This opens up jobs washing dishes and picking fruits to Americans unable to find other work, e.g. graduates of Trump University.
  • By identifying left-wing propaganda organs like MSNBC, CNN and FoxNews, Trump has encouraged more real Americans to get their news from fact-based media like Truth Social, NewsMax and Tucker on Twitter.
  • His keen talent for science has led to much new needed research. The Injection of Bleach as a Treatment for Viral Infections is just one of many examples.
  • He "cleaned up the swamp." Among the many prominent government officials who were fired or resigned while Trump was President are Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, John Bolton, John Kelly, Scott Pruitt, Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, William Barr, Rick Perry, Dan Coats, Michael Flynn, Reince Priebus, Anthony Scaramucci, Tom Price, Ryan Zinke, 'Mad Dog' Mattis and dozens of others.
  • His rhetoric has increased sales of guns, and made-in-China MAGA costumes. (Made in China, but the profits go to an American.)
  • His use of the Presidency for personal profits has set a precedent to be followed by future top GOP leaders.
  • Nearly half a million excess deaths from his poor Covid policies is sometimes cited as a failing. But great leaders and great nations must make sacrifices. Anyway, this loss is much smaller than deaths suffered under two top leaders with whom Trump is often compared: Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.
  • ... and the list goes on ...
Shame on you, bilby to deprecate this great man! Many people consider him the Greatest President Ever (though some make him second to Abraham Lincoln -- Lincoln was a Republican, did you know that?)

I disagree completely I thought Trump was a really good president. He isn't the worst of all time to me or even one of the worst.

I liked a lot of the things he did while he was president. He created many good laws that helped the country.

I have seen a lot of what he would like to propose in a second term and I like it and I hope he does win.

You have your opinion but there are many people that agree with me that is why he is the front runner among republicans now.
He created many good laws? That would be Congress. Congress didn't many laws to begin with during that span.

The fact that you fully support the narcissistic criminal known as Trump, makes me think there is no hope for you. The man has been a criminal for most of his life. He has demonstrated his racist and sexist views frequently. Multiple women have accused him of sexual assault, and one finally won a civil suit against him. He was just found guilty of fraud earlier this week. He has cheated his business associates. He rarely pays his attorneys, or so they claim. He tried to overturn an election without any evidence by making absurd claims like dead people were voting etc. He says he's against illegal immigrants but it was discovered that he had quite a few undocumented workers, working in his home in Bedford, New Jersey during his presidency. He inspired an attempt to overthrow the government and refused to stop it, until he was almost forced by his advisors. He illegally took boxes of classified documents with him when he left office and then refused to return many of them, leading to the need to have his Florida home invaded by law enforcement to remove the documents from his home. Some of his staff have finally come out and confessed that they knew what was going on and one just pleaded guilty yesterday for charges made from the Georgia Ricco case. I could go on, but you get the point. You are supporting a criminal who has not yet been prosecuted for his crimes although he has finally been indicted.

What great policies did he accomplish? The only think I recall is giving huge tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations. The deficit grew substantially during his presidency. He played down the harm of COVID, which likely caused many unnecessary deaths, as well as putting a huge strain on the medical system, leaving doctors and nurses overwhelmed and burned out. He manipulated his "poorly educated" supporters for their votes, but did nothing to actually help them. Once a person is part of a cult, it's hard for them to see the truth. They've drank the Kool-Aide. You may be too young to know where that expression came from, so look it up if necessary.

I see Trump as a cult leader who has infected the brains of many otherwise innocent people who have been fed disinformation. And, others, like my wealthy brother in law voted for him because and I quote, "He put more money in my pocket". And, some probably just liked his stupid tv show.

No president is perfect and as the late BB King sang in his song, "Everybody lies a little". "Politicians lie a little"...... but in the case of Trump, every time his lips are moving, you know he's lying. Yet you think he was a great president! Wow!

Btw, nobody has said that Biden isn't qualified to be president, but there are currently concerns about his age and his ability to complete four more years. I think a lot of it is simply ageism, and Trump is almost the same age. I don't care if Biden ends up being hand fed pureed food by an aide, and needs help getting up out of a chair, although there is no evidence that will be the case. He will be a much better president compared to the alternative, a man who confused Biden with Obama last week, who started the stupid birther movement, who encourages death threats towards those who are working on his criminal cases, who thought that WWII hadn't happened yet, but then he brags because a few years ago, he passed a very basic mental test to rule out dementia. My neighbor's 96 year old aunt passed that test this week. Passing it doesn't mean that someone isn't in the early stages of dementia. Failing it is just a sign that the person may be in the early stages of dementia. As a retired RN, I"m very familiar with that little test. I've never known anyone brag about passing it, other than Trump. I do wonder if Trump could even pass it now, considering some of the things he's been mixing up lately. He is the most unfit person ever to have won the presidency and it might take a long time to repair his damage. If he's reelected, democracy will be in severe jeopardy. The Republican Party of my childhood is dead and Trump put the final stake in that heap of shit. Please learn more about the life of Trump and his racist past. A president who suffers from malignant narcissism and has exhibited symptoms of being a sociopath should never have been our president and the thought of him getting a second term is a horrifying thought. I've voted for people who I wasn't crazy about. We've had our share of presidents who didn't do a great job in serving the people, but there's never been one as horrific as Trump.

I'll conclude my rant by saying that Biden did a lot for the people. He got bipartisan bills passed in his first two years. He actually did his best to serve the people. He can't do much without the cooperation of your party and if you're paying the least bit of attention, you'll see that your party is willing to shut down the government, hurting massive numbers of people who need help, rather than work with the Democrats. But they spend plenty of time searching for dirt on their opponent without any success. I'd hate to know what your vision for the county is, considering you think that Trump did a great job.

Sorry Buzz. You've really disappointed me. I"m not trying to be mean, but sometimes a person needs some tough love or just plain honesty.
:(

Nighthawkbuzz

My father was a lifelong Republican for over 60 years but Trump convinced him to vote Democrat.

Back
Top Bottom