• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump - "We think we can cut regulations by 75 percent, maybe more, but by 75 percent"

It was a real life honest to goodness proposed FDA rule. People reported on it and everything. That was not fake news I posted.

It's only a non existent rule because your big cheese company buddies couldn't cram it through.
I never said it was a fake news. The process worked in this situation. Would you like to seriously discuss other regulations or different aspects of administrative law?
After 12 cheesy pages digging lots of irrelevant holes, I sure hope that was a rhetorical question...

I never said it was a fake news. The process worked in this situation. Would you like to seriously discuss other regulations or different aspects of administrative law?
After 12 cheesy pages digging lots of irrelevant holes, I sure hope that was a rhetorical question...

Good, I'm glad you agree that people have wasted a lot of everyone's time reflexively defending these silly cheese regulations.

I'm not sure why they can't easily admit the world will not end if we don't have a federal law requiring our Sap Sago cheese be shaped into a truncated cone.

It was a real life honest to goodness proposed FDA rule. People reported on it and everything. That was not fake news I posted.

It's only a non existent rule because your big cheese company buddies couldn't cram it through.

So, if the regulation against aging cheese on wood boards had been put in effect you'd support Trump in getting rid of it?

If so, then why do you defer to the wisdom of the big cheese companies on things like the actual existing federal regulation that Sap Sago cheese to be shaped into truncated cones?

So, if the regulation against aging cheese on wood boards had been put in effect you'd support Trump in getting rid of it?
Only if you give up the goat fetish.

If so, then why do you defer to the wisdom of the big cheese companies on things like the actual existing federal regulation that Sap Sago cheese to be shaped into truncated cones?
Could you link to the regulation? Because the one I read says that Sap Sago cheese "is pale green in color and has the shape of a truncated cone". That's a description, not a regulation. It also looks as these regulations are for labeling of cheese, not manufacturing. You really need to read these things before you post or maybe have a trusted friend explain it to you.

Only if you give up the goat fetish.

Huh? I thought you were against evasive non-answers. This was a real proposed regulation. If it had gone into effect and Trump wanted to get rid of it would you agree with him?

Could you link to the regulation? Because the one I read says that Sap Sago cheese "is pale green in color and has the shape of a truncated cone". That's a description, not a regulation. It also looks as these regulations are for labeling of cheese, not manufacturing. You really need to read these things before you post or maybe have a trusted friend explain it to you.

Here is the regulation:

TITLE 21--FOOD AND DRUGS
CHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER B--FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
PART 133 -- CHEESES AND RELATED CHEESE PRODUCTS

Subpart B--Requirements for Specific Standardized Cheese and Related Products

Sec. 133.186 Sap sago cheese.
(a) Description. (1) Sap sago cheese is the food prepared by the procedure set forth in paragraph (a)(2) of this section or by any other procedure which produces a finished cheese having the same physical and chemical properties. The cheese is pale green in color and has the shape of a truncated cone. The maximum moisture content is 38 percent by weight, as determined by the method described in 133.5. Sap sago cheese is not less than 5 months old.

(2) One or more of the dairy ingredients specified in paragraph (b)(1) of this section is allowed to become sour, and is heated to boiling temperature, with stirring. Sufficient sour whey is added to precipitate the casein. The curd is removed, spread out in boxes, and pressed, and while under pressure is allowed to drain and ferment. It is ripened for not less than 5 weeks. The ripened curd is dried and ground; salt and dried clover of the species Melilotus coerulea are added. The mixture is shaped into truncated cones and ripened. The optional ingredient in paragraph (b)(2) of this section may be added during this procedure.

(b) Optional ingredients. The following safe and suitable ingredients may be used:

(1) Dairy ingredients. Nonfat milk, as defined in 133.3.

(2) Other optional ingredients. Buttermilk.

(c) Nonmenclature. The name of the food is "sap sago cheese".

(d) Label declaration. Each of the ingredients used in the food shall be declared on the label as required by the applicable sections of parts 101 and 130 of this chapter.

My interpretation is this regulation requires Sap sago cheese to be in the shape of a truncated cone.

This seems really, really, really clear and obvious to me. What exactly is your disagreement with this interpretation?

Wait a minute. What if you have some sap sago cheese in your fridge and leave it there for six months? What do you have in your fridge? What if you put a heavy plate on it or eat some and it loses its cone shape? What are you then serving to your guests?

Wait a minute. What if you have some sap sago cheese in your fridge and leave it there for six months? What do you have in your fridge? What if you put a heavy plate on it or eat some and it loses its cone shape? What are you then serving to your guests?

YOU MONSTER!

My interpretation is this regulation requires Sap sago cheese to be in the shape of a truncated cone.

This seems really, really, really clear and obvious to me. What exactly is your disagreement with this interpretation?

You are taking a definition of what Sap sago cheese is. If you want to sell a brick of cheddar as Sap sago, you cannot. I know this is a horrible overreaching standard that destroys our freedom, but so be it.

Speaking about how conservatives love regulations: http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2017/01/mn-lawmaker-wants-permit-fee-for-using-bike-lanes/

MN lawmaker wants permit, fee for using bike lanes

You are taking a definition of what Sap sago cheese is. If you want to sell a brick of cheddar as Sap sago, you cannot. I know this is a horrible overreaching standard that destroys our freedom, but so be it.

Speaking about how conservatives love regulations: http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2017/01/mn-lawmaker-wants-permit-fee-for-using-bike-lanes/

I'm not sure I understand your argument.

I assume we both agree:

- there is a federal regulation regarding sap sago cheese
- that federal regulation defines what sap sago cheese is
- that definition requires that sap sago cheese be in the shape of a truncated cone

The accumulation of these things leads me to believe federal regulations require sap sago cheese to be in the shape of a truncated cone.

Where exactly is it you differ?

2-encino-man.gif

I'm not sure I understand your argument.

Of course not. I never assumed you would.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/30/512445032/trump-acts-to-roll-back-regulations-on-businesses

President Trump signed another executive order this morning, fulfilling another campaign pledge, this one to eliminate two federal regulations for every new regulation enacted.

Trump signed the order during an Oval Office photo op, saying, "We're cutting regulations massively for small business and large business," adding, "This will be the biggest such act our country has ever seen."

But what about the cheese regs? I wish we could get some clarity from the white house on it.

aa

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/30/512445032/trump-acts-to-roll-back-regulations-on-businesses

President Trump signed another executive order this morning, fulfilling another campaign pledge, this one to eliminate two federal regulations for every new regulation enacted.

Trump signed the order during an Oval Office photo op, saying, "We're cutting regulations massively for small business and large business," adding, "This will be the biggest such act our country has ever seen."

But what about the cheese regs? I wish we could get some clarity from the white house on it.

aa
So, the solution is pair regulations together now?

Back
Top Bottom