• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump - "We think we can cut regulations by 75 percent, maybe more, but by 75 percent"

You might want to switch from cheese to Title IX

No, as long as there are people willing to defend our federal regulations requiring Sap sago cheese to be shaped into a truncated cone we need to stay focused on cheese.

If everyone agrees these regulations are not strictly necessary and they can be Trumped away, I'm happy to discuss other things.

You might want to switch from cheese to Title IX

No, as long as there are people willing to defend our federal regulations requiring Sap sago cheese to be shaped into a truncated cone we need to stay focused on cheese.

If everyone agrees these regulations are not strictly necessary and they can be Trumped away, I'm happy to discuss other things.

As pointed out you are arguing about a standard, not a regulation. These do not have the full force of law. Have someone explain it to you. Oh wait we already have.

But I see you don't want to play with the big boys.... bawk, bawk, bawk!

Seriously, Title IX is an excellent example of the various ways laws and rules are made, interpreted and enforced. Laws can be made through "Dear Colleague Letters (DCL)" interpreting administrative rules (the Supreme Court has upheld that DCLs aren't laws, but are the exact same thing as laws in all respects, which therefore makes them laws).

As pointed out you are arguing about a standard, not a regulation. These do not have the full force of law. Have someone explain it to you. Oh wait we already have.

So, you agree we don't need them right?

How about you join me in convincing the rest of these clowns?

I didn't say we don't need them. I'll defer to experts in the cheese industry who believe these standards are useful.

Oh, right. We were talking about cheese, and not at all about a random spectator railing against rules and regulations that only very minimally affect his life - yet is certain as to their detriment in both quantity and impact.

Tell me again how we're going to make cheese grate again through deregulation!

aa

Tip: the NBA is a private organization. They don't have to give a crap about what you think.
Tip 2: Trump is the President of the United States. He gets to make or destroy rules about cheese that affect us all with his pen and phone.

It's cute that you think my NBA metaphor was about Trump.

At any rate, I'll bet you a whole wheel of Havarti that Trump won't touch the cheese regulations - or any regulation desired, designed, and paid for by a business/industry group - regardless of how hard their existence hurts your feelings.

aa

I didn't say we don't need them. I'll defer to experts in the cheese industry who believe these standards are useful.

These are not cheese industry pages I'm citing here. They are federal agency pages. If cheese makers want to create and hold themselves to standards why would the government need to be involved?

These are not cheese industry pages I'm citing here. They are federal agency pages. If cheese makers want to create and hold themselves to standards why would the government need to be involved?
You'll need to ask them why they want USDA approval and why they think that such approval should be sought for their cheese. I just checked out the web pages of four local creameries, they do not sell graded cheese. They do not see that grading their cheese carries a necessary benefit. Now you keep claiming this is a regulation, but these creameries are not being regulated by this document. Why is that? I also checked interstate suppliers in case local cheese is exempt. They aren't graded either. What do you suppose is going on? If this is such a horrible regulation causing such right-wing butthurt, why is it not holding back industry forcing creameries to produce only "approved" varieties of collectivist cheeses? Where is the regulation for Whiskey cheese in those 15 pages? Or does that fall under the ATF????

Dismal HELP US OUT! How are these companies being regulated by the voluntary grading standards of the USDA? Is the Iron Hoof of the American Dairy Association keeping them from ever producing anything but approved cheeses?

I am surprised we have cheese at all.

I was going to reply to the last post, however, the Web Board Debate Regulations that Obama crammed through Congress are just too hard to get through, so I'll need to just post a smilie. :)

You'll need to ask them why they want USDA approval and why they think that such approval should be sought for their cheese. I just checked out the web pages of four local creameries, they do not sell graded cheese. They do not see that grading their cheese carries a necessary benefit. Now you keep claiming this is a regulation, but these creameries are not being regulated by this document. Why is that? I also checked interstate suppliers in case local cheese is exempt. They aren't graded either. What do you suppose is going on? If this is such a horrible regulation causing such right-wing butthurt, why is it not holding back industry forcing creameries to produce only "approved" varieties of collectivist cheeses? Where is the regulation for Whiskey cheese in those 15 pages? Or does that fall under the ATF????

Dismal HELP US OUT! How are these companies being regulated by the voluntary grading standards of the USDA? Is the Iron Hoof of the American Dairy Association keeping them from ever producing anything but approved cheeses?

You're not quite getting at why these are necessary.

Unless you think it's obvious that it's the federal governments job to help the big cheese companies sell more cheese.

Is that the best you got?

You're not quite getting at why these are necessary.
What does necessity have to do with anything? The industry wanted these standards. Those 15 pages are not harming or holding back anyone other than the butthurt among uninformed right-wingers.

Unless you think it's obvious that it's the federal governments job to help the big cheese companies sell more cheese.
I have no problem with the government promoting American industry. What is your problem with it?

Folks, I'm good, as my hard cheese has reached full maturation during the life of this thread...

I have no problem with the government promoting American industry. What is your problem with it?

So, using force of regulation to help the big cheese companies is something progressives consider a necessary government purpose?

You must be a big fan of this sort of thing:
FDA May Destroy American Artisan Cheese Industry

The FDA's decision will not only harm American cheese makers, but may also bring a halt to the importation of artisan cheeses from abroad
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an executive decree banning the centuries old practice of aging cheese on wooden boards. One bureaucrat within the FDA, without surveying all of the scientific literature, and without public commentary, has rattled hundreds of small businesses across the United States. Consumers who eat any kind of aged cheese should prepare for a potentially catastrophic disruption in the market for artisan, non-processed cheese.

Corporate cheese makers like Leprino and Kraft will be able to weather this regulatory storm --- they don't make cheese, they manufacture cheese, and as such they do not follow the centuries old artisan techniques. But for small businesses and artisan cheese makers, wood boards are in fact essential to the making of cheese. As cheese expert Gordon Edgar writes, "wood creates a beneficial environment for cheese. After all, what is cheese but a great achievement of the microbe community?" Edgar notes that wood is essential to the flavor of artisanal cheeses, it distinguishes it from the large manufactured cheeses:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregory...merican-artisan-cheese-industry/#5bb85ccc549f

So, using force of regulation to help the big cheese companies is something progressives consider a necessary government purpose?

What force? What regulation? These are VOLUNTARY STANDARDS. They are NOT regulations.
Yes, I am a big fan of industry being involved in the setting of regulations and the public comment on proposed regulations. Maybe if you read the article you would have realized the note in the article that the FDA backed down and scrapped the proposed rules two years ago, so your point is moot. I still don't understand your butthurt over VOLUNTARY STANDARDS. You keep trying to say it is a regulation when it clearly isn't. Like I said, we have many actual real government regulations we can discuss, but you choose to hyper focus on a voluntary standards instead of bona fide government regulations. Why is that? Why the butthurt over voluntary standards for cheese? We could discuss thousands of regulations, but you focus on a non-regulation in an attempt to prove regulations are not necessary. Do you know how stupid that is?

What force? What regulation? These are VOLUNTARY STANDARDS. They are NOT regulations.
Yes, I am a big fan of industry being involved in the setting of regulations and the public comment on proposed regulations. Maybe if you read the article you would have realized the note in the article that the FDA backed down and scrapped the proposed rules two years ago, so your point is moot. I still don't understand your butthurt over VOLUNTARY STANDARDS. You keep trying to say it is a regulation when it clearly isn't. Like I said, we have many actual real government regulations we can discuss, but you choose to hyper focus on a voluntary standards instead of bona fide government regulations. Why is that? Why the butthurt over voluntary standards for cheese? We could discuss thousands of regulations, but you focus on a non-regulation in an attempt to prove regulations are not necessary. Do you know how stupid that is?

This does not sound like a "VOLUNTARY REGULATION". Not sure how a "VOLUNTARY REGULATION" would shut down artisanal cheese makers.

But, just to confirm: you are now officially abandoning the argument that if the big cheese companies want a cheese regulation it must be good for America?

This does not sound like a "VOLUNTARY REGULATION". Not sure how a "VOLUNTARY REGULATION" would shut down artisanal cheese makers.
You mean the non-existent rule that you brought up as a red herring? Or your continued insistence on the 15-page standard for grading cheese?

Do you want to discuss actual regulations or not?

But, just to confirm: you are now officially abandoning the argument that if the big cheese companies want a cheese regulation it must be good for America?
I never made that argument. But just to confirm: you are now officially abandoning the argument that dressing up like a goat and having old men "milk" you is a normal fetish.

You mean the non-existent rule that you brought up as a red herring? Or your continued insistence on the 15-page standard for grading cheese?

I never made that argument. But just to confirm: you are now officially abandoning the argument that dressing up like a goat and having old men "milk" you is a normal fetish.

It was a real life honest to goodness proposed FDA rule. People reported on it and everything. That was not fake news I posted.

It's only a non existent rule because your big cheese company buddies couldn't cram it through.

It was a real life honest to goodness proposed FDA rule. People reported on it and everything. That was not fake news I posted.

It's only a non existent rule because your big cheese company buddies couldn't cram it through.
I never said it was a fake news. The process worked in this situation. Would you like to seriously discuss other regulations or different aspects of administrative law?

Back
Top Bottom