• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump: What's that?

As an outsider, it looks like Trump is doing pretty well for himself. Despite all the nagging, absolutely no steps are being taken to remove him,
That is an incredibly low bar...'he's doing well because he hasn't been impeached yet'. FFvC's job approval numbers are setting historic records for going and staying insanely low.

and republicans have no trouble getting their agenda passed. Only things that are seemingly at an impasse are things like "the wall" or healthcare repeal, irrelevant pissing contests.
What news are you getting in Finland? The only significant thing the Repugs have managed to get done in Congress is to approve a new SC justice. The kicked the FY 2017 budget extension down the road, pretty much as it was last May, instead of doing Repug things like they hoped when they punted the previous fall hoping for a Repug president. Then as the FY 2018 budget crisis point (aka approaching govt shutdown) loomed they kicked the can down another 90 days.

Here is the list of generally very minor bills passed this year as of late August, I picked one fun one to post:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/politics/president-trump-legislation/index.html
March 31, 2017: H.R.1362 - "An Act to name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pago Pago, American Samoa, the Faleomavaega Eni Fa'aua'a Hunkin VA Clinic"

Generally, the Electoral College was created to prevent needing to do this with an unhinged moron. The President would really need to be mentally incapacitated in order for the Cabinet maneuver to work.

Ah, so we're good to go then.

Well, if FFvC started screaming at his generals for refusing to nuke say NK or Iran; and started firing each one; seeking one that would comply; that might trigger a cabinet revolt...
No, we'd only work our way down to the guy who'd TELL him we DID nuke NK. Don't believe the fake news, the Dems need the threat of NK to distract people...

Fox would create a special channel for the White House... If they haven't already.

The Cabinet was hand picked by Il Douchebag for their loyalty to him. If anyone in the Cabinet thought about starting to invoke the 25th, Jeff Sessions would have them arrested for Treason.

Also, the Cabinet owes their cushy jobs to Cheetolini so they wont make a move out of fear of loosing those jobs.

Later,
ElectEngr

Well, if FFvC started screaming at his generals for refusing to nuke say NK or Iran; and started firing each one; seeking one that would comply; that might trigger a cabinet revolt...
No, we'd only work our way down to the guy who'd TELL him we DID nuke NK. Don't believe the fake news, the Dems need the threat of NK to distract people...

Fox would create a special channel for the White House... If they haven't already.
LOL...would that guy be De Niro?

Here is the list of generally very minor bills passed this year as of late August, I picked one fun one to post:
March 31, 2017: H.R.1362 - "An Act to name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pago Pago, American Samoa, the Faleomavaega Eni Fa'aua'a Hunkin VA Clinic"
I hope Congress is proud of this one. These guys are cartoonishly evil.
February 16, 2017: H.J.Res.38 - "Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule"
This legislation nixes an Obama-era regulation meant to protect federal waterways from coal-mining waste.
I don't know about you but I don't want no elitists telling me streams shouldn't be full of coal-mining waste. If god wanted us to have clean waters, he wouldn't have invented coal slurry.:slowclap:

February 16, 2017: H.J.Res.38 - "Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule"
This legislation nixes an Obama-era regulation meant to protect federal waterways from coal-mining waste.
I don't know about you but I don't want no elitists telling me streams shouldn't be full of coal-mining waste. If god wanted us to have clean waters, he wouldn't have invented coal slurry.:slowclap:
With more mercury in the streams, we'll be able to tell what the temperature is better.

I didn't realize their agenda was mainly a list of names for post offices :rolleyes:

Ya, what agenda is it that's getting passed?

Can't their legislative accomplishments be counted on one hand of an armless guy?
First, I misspoke. Legislative agenda is not the only concern, as long as there are other ways to achieve one's objectives, such as appointments and executive orders. So far, US seems to be busy: left the Paris accords, left Unesco, reduced telecom regulation, allowed states to refuse to fund abortions or give unemployment benefits to drug addicts, and there was some news about support for coal or some shit recently.

That is an incredibly low bar...'he's doing well because he hasn't been impeached yet'. FFvC's job approval numbers are setting historic records for going and staying insanely low.
Unfortunatley his job approval numbers are not relevant until 2020. Perhaps not being removed from office immediately isn't the best measure, but as far as I can tell he seems completely unimpeded.

and republicans have no trouble getting their agenda passed. Only things that are seemingly at an impasse are things like "the wall" or healthcare repeal, irrelevant pissing contests.
What news are you getting in Finland? The only significant thing the Repugs have managed to get done in Congress is to approve a new SC justice. The kicked the FY 2017 budget extension down the road, pretty much as it was last May, instead of doing Repug things like they hoped when they punted the previous fall hoping for a Repug president. Then as the FY 2018 budget crisis point (aka approaching govt shutdown) loomed they kicked the can down another 90 days.
How do you know that this is not on republican agenda? Some would like to see government fail.

Can't their legislative accomplishments be counted on one hand of an armless guy?
First, I misspoke. Legislative agenda is not the only concern, as long as there are other ways to achieve one's objectives, such as appointments and executive orders. So far, US seems to be busy: left the Paris accords, left Unesco, reduced telecom regulation, allowed states to refuse to fund abortions or give unemployment benefits to drug addicts, and there was some news about support for coal or some shit recently.

OK, fair enough. They are doing that kind of shit.

Generally, the Electoral College was created to prevent needing to do this with an unhinged moron. The President would really need to be mentally incapacitated in order for the Cabinet maneuver to work.

OR, if the cabinet comes to realize that it is only a matter of when Trump will attempt to end their political career for whatever or no reason. "Get rid of him before he makes me unhirable".

OR, if the cabinet comes to realize that it is only a matter of when Trump will attempt to end their political career for whatever or no reason. "Get rid of him before he makes me unhirable".
Who does the President tell in order to bomb something? I ponder how the Joint Chiefs of Staff could intercede. They aren't supposed to give orders to the troops, but they have a direct line to commanders.

Unfortunatley his job approval numbers are not relevant until 2020. Perhaps not being removed from office immediately isn't the best measure, but as far as I can tell he seems completely unimpeded.
Yah, he is the President, so of course he gets to do presidential things, so I still don't see how that could be construed to mean he is "doing pretty well for himself". Though there the example of Congress codifying some of the Russian sanctions to prevent El Cheato from using EO's to reduce them. A big part of being President is getting Congress to pass things you want, and so far that has been a pretty yuuge fail...

Well FFvC’s administration has gone the EO route. But I doubt the number of EO’s and cabinet department orders are all that different than his recent predecessors. I thought I would point out a couple clarifications.

The UNESCO thing is a mere formality, as the US had already shut down the US apportionment years ago, and was demoted 4 years ago to non-voting member.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/us/politics/trump-unesco-withdrawal.html
In 2011, the United States stopped funding Unesco due to what was then a forgotten, 15-year-old amendment mandating a complete cutoff of American financing to any United Nations agency that accepts Palestine as a full member. Various efforts by President Barack Obama to overturn the legal restriction narrowly failed in Congress, and the United States lost its vote at the organization after two years of nonpayment, in 2013.

On abortion, the EO was about allowing states to refuse to compensate organizations (aka Planned Parenthood) that provide medical services, that happen to also provide abortion services. States aren’t and weren't required to fund abortion. But yes, destroying Planned Parenthood is a Repug wet dream.

Though the administration has used EO’s to tweak a few regulations in favor of coal, it really doesn’t matter. The industry is shrinking, and technology has ravaged the employment for the miners. There won’t be new coal fired power plants, and the world is working hard to shift out of coal. And coal power plants are going to continue to close as they age and become ever more unprofitable. They can continue to feed the dinosaur stuck in tar pits if they like, for all it will matter over the years…

I had heard about this when I was in College during the last days of the Nixon Admin in Aug 1974

Politico.com Aug. 11 said:
Defense Secretary James Schlesinger recalled years later that in the final days of the Nixon presidency he had issued an unprecedented set of orders: If the president gave any nuclear launch order, military commanders should check with either him or Secretary of State Henry Kissinger before executing them. Schlesinger feared that the president, who seemed depressed and was drinking heavily, might order Armageddon.

Later,
ElectEngr

Clearly, the "objective" is, "reverse everything possible that was accomplished by the nigger president".... to quote the racist agenda behind all of the failed legislation efforts and pitifully vapid EOs.

Eni Fa'aua'a Hunkin Faleomavaega was a Democrat!

Trump's numbers tanks in every state. This bodes quite poorly for the GOP in 2018. I just hope we can get through the next 13 months without him starting WWIII.

Trump's numbers tanks in every state. This bodes quite poorly for the GOP in 2018. I just hope we can get through the next 13 months without him starting WWIII.

Yes, but Il Douchebag always has "Uncle Vlad" on his side. that's enough to pull 2018 to the GOP.

Я, например, приветствую наших новых советских повелителей

Later,
ElectEngr

With more mercury in the streams, we'll be able to tell what the temperature is better.

The libtards will use that to prove their climate change hoax.

OK, fair enough. They are doing that kind of shit.

It's a good thing Obama accomplished so much. Without all that to un-do/destroy, they'd all be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses.

Back
Top Bottom