• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's "Entire Legacy Was Wiped Out"?

Trump has accomplished something that no other president has ever been able to do. He's been impeached twice. Trump just wants attention. If that gives him attention for the rest of his life, he should be satisfied. The entire Trump presidency is an American tragedy.

Trump has accomplished something that no other president has ever been able to do. He's been impeached twice. Trump just wants attention. If that gives him attention for the rest of his life, he should be satisfied. The entire Trump presidency is an American tragedy.

The real tragedy is that it was eminently predictable.

The real tragedy is that it was eminently predictable.
We knew he wasn't mature enough for the job, forget qualified! We knew it would suck. We knew he'd use the office to make money, we didn't know he'd allow himself to get played by the North Korean leader.

I also don't think we knew just how far he'd go. He might have drawn the line of openly inciting violence on Congress, but they needed to suspend his social media accounts, so maybe we'll never know. .

How much observation of Trump does it take to know, deep down, that the man has severe personality disorders -- including a delusional belief in conspiracies, outrageous egotism, and a pronounced sadism? So, considering the character judgment ability in the 40 or 42 % of us who STILL support this man -- I gotta ask, who do they hire as baby-sitters? Guys on the demerit list at halfway houses? Crack addicts? Who puts a new roof on their house, Romany Installs? Where does the wife get her lady parts checked, Gene's Lube & OB-GYN? Inquiring minds just gotta know.

How much observation of Trump does it take to know, deep down, that the man has severe personality disorders -- including a delusional belief in conspiracies, outrageous egotism, and a pronounced sadism? .

Not much.

Over four years ago I got in an argument with a conservative relative when I said Trump has a literal “textbook case” of narcissistic personality disorder.

The argument ended up with me sending a link to the Wikipedia article on “false equivalence “ when said relative started complaining about Clinton rather than actually defend Trump against my claim.

And this person I was arguing with has a higher degree in psychology.

So, considering the character judgment ability in the 40 or 42 % of us who STILL support this man
Last i heard, he's down to an eye-popping 29%.

I think that's the number of Americans who watched M*A*S*H and thought we were still fighting a war in Korea.

But the answer's straightforward. They get the babysitter that's the daughter of the woman they used to babysit.
They go to the doctor who has a kid in their son's scout troop. Or whose nurse does. Receptionist, someone in the practice.
They get the roofer that advertises in their church's newsletter.
They friend-of-a-friend.
They old-boys'-network.
Thry sewing-circle, bridge-club.
They don't trust anyone more than two degrees of separation from them.

And when someone sees their Trump flag and calls them a Nazi, they can't understand why librrals judge guilt by association.

Wait, wait -- are you serious? 29%??? Where did you hear this? I've heard just the opposite, that last week's Bubbah War did not cost him any of his base. I would love to believe that 29, but haven't seen/heard/read it anywhere.

Wait, wait -- are you serious? 29%??? Where did you hear this? I've heard just the opposite, that last week's Bubbah War did not cost him any of his base. I would love to believe that 29, but haven't seen/heard/read it anywhere.

Pew research

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...ings-trump-departs-with-lowest-ever-job-mark/

44% still say he won the election, but i guess a coup isn't one of those "that's the day he started acting presidential' watersheds.

Pew research

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...ings-trump-departs-with-lowest-ever-job-mark/

44% still say he won the election, but i guess a coup isn't one of those "that's the day he started acting presidential' watersheds.
This astounded me so much that I clicked the link. I've attached one of their tables; I find it positively frightening.

[table="width: 700, class: grid, align: center"]
[tr][td].[/td][td]Total[/td][td]Rep or
Lean Rep
[/td][td]Dem or
Lean Dem
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump's conduct since the election has been excellent/good
[/td][td]22%[/td][td]44%[/td][td]5%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump bears no responsibility for the violence and destruction in the Capitol
[/td][td]24%[/td][td]46%[/td][td]4%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump definitely/probably won the 2020 election
[/td][td]33%[/td][td]64%[/td][td]6%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump should continue to be a major political figure for many years to come
[/td][td]29%[/td][td]57%[/td][td]7%[/td][/tr]
[/table]

64% of Republicans think Trump won the election! Wow.

@ Historians: Are there any precedents of recovering from a political impasse like this? I think the future will be far grimmer than most Americans imagine.

Last edited:
How much observation of Trump does it take to know, deep down, that the man has severe personality disorders -- including a delusional belief in conspiracies, outrageous egotism, and a pronounced sadism? .

Not much.

Over four years ago I got in an argument with a conservative relative when I said Trump has a literal “textbook case” of narcissistic personality disorder.

The argument ended up with me sending a link to the Wikipedia article on “false equivalence “ when said relative started complaining about Clinton rather than actually defend Trump against my claim.

And this person I was arguing with has a higher degree in psychology.

I got into an argument with a Tumpster when I stating much the same, that Dear Leader was literal “textbook case” of narcissistic personality disorder, and this person, with a straight face, told me that it was all an act and part of a master plan of his to govern the country.

Pew research

This astounded me so much that I clicked the link. I've attached one of their tables; I find it positively frightening.

[table="width: 700, class: grid, align: center"]
[tr][td].[/td][td]Total[/td][td]Rep or
Lean Rep
[/td][td]Dem or
Lean Dem
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump's conduct since the election has been excellent/good
[/td][td]22%[/td][td]44%[/td][td]5%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump bears no responsibility for the violence and destruction in the Capitol
[/td][td]24%[/td][td]46%[/td][td]4%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump definitely/probably won the 2020 election
[/td][td]33%[/td][td]64%[/td][td]6%[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trump should continue to be a major political figure for many years to come
[/td][td]29%[/td][td]57%[/td][td]7%[/td][/tr]
[/table]

64% of Republicans think Trump won the election! Wow.

@ Historians: Are there any precedents of recovering from a political impasse like this? I think the future will be far grimmer than most Americans imagine.

I agree that I don't see a way out of this impasse. I have highly educated friends who are convinced that "even if the election wasn't rigged, that mail-in voting is just too dangerous and that nefarious people have used the mail to subvert the will of the people." When asked for evidence of wide spread failures with mail-in voting, he offered "well, my girl friend handed me her ballot to mail, I could have done anything with it on the way to the unprotected mail box at the corner."

Much like creationists, there is just no arguing with this "logic". And while perhaps not all republicans in Congress and the Senate are actual believers in "the steal", they have hitched their wagon to this without reservations.

I think the Dems in congress need to start telling the Reps that there can be no resolution and healing until they start telling their constituents the truth.

I think the Dems in congress need to start telling the Reps that there can be no resolution and healing until they start telling their constituents the truth.
Meaningless.

They'll just decide the reps are being forced to lie, now, with Biden having power over all three branches of the government.

Let the healing commence with the first benediction from the first American pope, Pope Donald John Magnus I, on Twitter: We did it, people. I got my own city, I got Twitter back, with the biggest gold hat you ever saw. Grabbus illis per feminam pudendus. Huge Amen!

Meaningless.

They'll just decide the reps are being forced to lie, now, with Biden having power over all three branches of the government.

Still, it has to be done. Without unanimous agreement among the elected, the rabble will continue to Believe.
I think they should be threatened with criminal repercussions (I can think of a few avenues for that) if they keep promulgating The Big Lie.

Meaningless.

Still, it has to be done. Without unanimous agreement among the elected, the rabble will continue to Believe.
I think they should be threatened with criminal repercussions (I can think of a few avenues for that) if they keep promulgating The Big Lie.

A few democrats seem to be taking the lead here, going after Hawley and Cruz for their complicity. Even if it comes to nothing it still has to be done, the stand has to be taken, the charges must be made. There isn't any choice in the matter except doing nothing and hoping it all just goes away. When someone is lobbing bombs your way you've got to respond. Even if one assumes these people were simply playing along, lying, to save their political skin it still needs to be called out. Let them defend their actions, make them defend their actions. They're either going to come clean or they aren't, but happy thoughts aren't going to accomplish anything. It should not matter how many idiots think or believe idiocy.

MSNBC today (1/18/21) gives Trump's overall approval level at 39%. If that's true, it's what I thought would happen: he'd lose a few points but keep the faithful. Essentially he lost a portion of those who self-identify as independents. USA! USA! USA!

Back
Top Bottom