• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's inaugaration

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
And God looked up on it and God cried.
And God Cried (Small).jpg

(Note that this is in a climate that gets 4"/yr of rain.)

Gloomy and rainy here in Phoenix as well. But it isn't recycling day today...

Wait a minute! That's not a Trump, it's a garbage can!

You only fooled me for about five minutes with that one.

Wait a minute! That's not a Trump, it's a garbage can!

You only fooled me for about five minutes with that one.

The objective was not the garbage cans but the rain--evidence of god crying.

Gloomy and rainy here in Phoenix as well. But it isn't recycling day today...

Those are regular trash cans. Last year they went to a once-a-week pickup, one truck takes trash, one takes recycling. The cans are the same, the tops are a different color. They stacked the county commission meeting where it was approved, it's very unpopular but since it's a private company there's nothing we really can do about it.

One of the religious loons that spoke after Trump did say that the rain was a good omen.

And God looked up on it and God cried.
View attachment 9569

(Note that this is in a climate that gets 4"/yr of rain.)

You've got nice house.

You can tell that from the little bit projecting on the left side? I was standing in the entryway of our house when I snapped that picture, the houses you see are the neighbors.

We have no frost damage here, the stucco coatings that are what are usually used around here hold up very well, it's not surprising that things look good. The neighborhood is 20 years old, some of us have painted once, some haven't. Roofs are all original--those tiles have a 50 year warranty. (Most of the country can't use them--hail will shatter them. Hail is not a meaningful threat here, though.)

There's a 3rd can beside the garage, and to make this post relevant, it's wet.

That's an air conditioner compressor peeking out from behind the bush, not a trash can. Our neighborhood uses ground-mount compressors. It's quieter because it's not mounted to the house frame and you can't put an air conditioner on a tile roof. There are areas around here with the more common roof mount compressor/air handler units but that requires using shingles for the part of the roof they're mounted on. Looks stupid and means you need to redo the roof a lot sooner than a pure tile roof.

It's so bad that god stopped winter up here in Winnipeg Canada and it started raining.

Not even kidding...went from -30c weather to +2c and raining

I've been in Winnipeg for 43 years and I've never seen a plus day in mid to late January.

There's a 3rd can beside the garage, and to make this post relevant, it's wet.

That's an air conditioner compressor peeking out from behind the bush, not a trash can. Our neighborhood uses ground-mount compressors. It's quieter because it's not mounted to the house frame and you can't put an air conditioner on a tile roof. There are areas around here with the more common roof mount compressor/air handler units but that requires using shingles for the part of the roof they're mounted on. Looks stupid and means you need to redo the roof a lot sooner than a pure tile roof.
to the right of that

to the right of that

Hmmm... I didn't notice that. It's dark out now, I'll have to figure out what it is in the morning. It very well might be the recycling can for the house on the right.

It is something remarkable in light of all of the "carnage".

Yeah, but his plants are dead. Thanks Obama! :mad:

No, they died back for the winter and I hadn't gotten around to trimming the garbage. Everything along there should come back again when the weather warms up. We have only one plant that has any green on it over the winter.

to the right of that

You were right. That was his recycling can.

Back
Top Bottom