• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Major Announcement.. OMFG!!!

NFT = Non-Fungible Token = a sort of certificate of ownership, like the deed of a house.

NFT's are handled with cryptocurrency technology, technology that tracks transfers of ownership of them, so that there will be only one of each in the system.

When I first learned of NFT's being a big thing, I thought that they are a bubble, like the Dutch Tulip Mania. I looked at the "Bored Ape" drawings, and I wondered who could think that they are great art. They seemed like crude drawings with some simple paint program like Microsoft Paint.

And now we're finding out that the images aren't even original, most are taken from protected material. Take an image and give it an orange head, sell it to an idiot through a couple shells and park the money offshore. Where's the problem? We're likely to see quite a few cease and desist notices and demands for compensation.

It is amazing how Trump can do scams on the cheap... and not legal... repeatedly. In this case, there is virtually no way of getting back to the source, no one even knows who it is. But Trump just help create laundering capital and he gets 10% on every deal.

Holy crap!

hahahahahahah omg. The American's are stupid trope is gonna be even harder to shake now. I'll continue to say I'm from Jamaica during international travels. thx
Lucky for me, I can pass for Canadian. 😁

Mayonnaise... can't get enough of it. Fer sure. Slather some it on some french fries, sit down and watch the Brier Cup on CTV.

I might open my wallet for the right NFT. Maybe in a cell with Bubba. On a toilet. Kissing Biden's ass. Handcuffed. There are possibilities.
You don't get to choose your NFT, it is randomly generated. They sold out and made over 4 million in revenue on the this latest grift.
An NFT is basically a public URL that anyone can look at until the hosting provider goes out of business.. so its like "buying" tomorrow's sunset. I hear its going to be a good one.

I am experiencing some schadenfruede that the value is dropping. When I read that they sold out, and gave trump $4.6M I just shook my damn head with sadness. But on seeing that those 45,000 people may be getting feedback from the invisible hand of the free market that they are supporting a con…. I feel a little bit glad that the message might get through.
I'm seeing reports of a lot of complaints that people thought they were buying real, physical trading cards. And complaints that the actual .jpg purchased is is of such poor resolution it's not suitable for printing.

A fool and his money...
Fools indeed... NFTs are notoriously low resolution... Its, like, what's "cool" about them.
An NFT is JSON code that says "use this background with this costume on this face".. however many elements there are in the image times however many different choices = about 45,000 different combinations.. thus the number of mints and revenue collected.

Back
Top Bottom