• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Russian Laundromat

The bright side is that Trump can be tried and convicted for state crimes, and no pardon exists for that. For example, if Trump broke New York's money laundering laws, he could be tried by the state of New York and there's nothing Pence could do about it.

Happy thoughts!

Governor Cuomo could / would pardon him for a state crime in NY... Cuomo is mixed up with the mob (specifically, the drug trade), which likely has its revenue tied in some way to the money laundering scheme in the city's real-estate industry... This, in my opinion, is why NY hasn't followed California's framework for recreational or medicinal marijuana, like NY follows EVERY OTHER Californian legislative "experiments"... Cuomo would lose his kickback from the illegal drug trade. Fuck the billion dollar revenue the state would get from taxing it.

I'm no fan of Cuomo, but I think it would be political suicide for him to pardon Trump.

Governor Cuomo could / would pardon him for a state crime in NY... Cuomo is mixed up with the mob (specifically, the drug trade), which likely has its revenue tied in some way to the money laundering scheme in the city's real-estate industry... This, in my opinion, is why NY hasn't followed California's framework for recreational or medicinal marijuana, like NY follows EVERY OTHER Californian legislative "experiments"... Cuomo would lose his kickback from the illegal drug trade. Fuck the billion dollar revenue the state would get from taxing it.

I'm no fan of Cuomo, but I think it would be political suicide for him to pardon Trump.

But it would be fiscal suicide NOT to... Hmmm - what to do?

Back
Top Bottom