• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trumps scaredy-cat demeanor and his bullet-proof vest

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I read an article that opines Trump having a bullet-proof vest is the reason he doesn't button his jacket. I always notice how his coat is three sizes to big, and the enormous shoulder pads sit 4 inches or more past his shoulder. I had always assumed he chose that style to look "tough" or something ridiculous like that.

Anyway. Assuming it is a vest, it doesn't seem like something most candidates do on a regular basis. And Clinton obviously had far more death threats than Trump, as did Obama.

Just a thought that made me smh today.

I read an article that opines Trump having a bullet-proof vest is the reason he doesn't button his jacket. I always notice how his coat is three sizes to big, and the enormous shoulder pads sit 4 inches or more past his shoulder. I had always assumed he chose that style to look "tough" or something ridiculous like that.

Anyway. Assuming it is a vest, it doesn't seem like something most candidates do on a regular basis. And Clinton obviously had far more death threats than Trump, as did Obama.

You piss off, short change, screw over enough people, you'd probably wear one too.

Well, remember how Trump was bragging that he survived an assassination attempt when somebody tried to pull out a sign in the audience at one of his rallies? I think Trump gets off on this sort of thing.

Well, remember how Trump was bragging that he survived an assassination attempt when somebody tried to pull out a sign in the audience at one of his rallies? I think Trump gets off on this sort of thing.

I doubt he could even stand up if he was wearing a vest with Level IV ballistic plates and side protection. Those rigs can weigh more than 30 lbs.

I doubt he could even stand up if he was wearing a vest with Level IV ballistic plates and side protection. Those rigs can weigh more than 30 lbs.

Yeah, it takes a lot to stop a sniper round.

If you're doing it with a handgun you're not going to survive anyway so why not a bomb?

Nowadays only an idiot would not wear bullet proof (resistant) protection. Obama seems to have a bullet proof suit. That would be sensible
http://gizmodo.com/5136183/barack-obamas-bulletproof-inaugural-suit
Only John Wayne would not have considered bullet resistant clothing

Yes, I too have read that ballistic protection is de rigeur for world leader fashion. Count this as a rare agreement with whichphilosophy.

Nowadays only an idiot would not wear bullet proof (resistant) protection.

Assuming the link is actually true, that "suit" can't be even as good as LevelIII armor, and might be useful in case of an attack by a small caliber handgun. But Secret Service makes sure there is nobody within handgun range in situations such as depicted. It would be redundant and stupid to wear armor that would protect only from someone in such close proximity that the SS would have to be asleep at the wheel to let it happen.

Humor Aside: I get requests from SS via email on a regular basis. Typically they read like "Please send us a quote for 140 units as described below, and include shipping costs. Thank you, Agent XYZ, USSS"
No phone number, no address, just an email. So I write them back" "Thank you for contacting [us]. A quote is attached, but I cannot give a shipping estimate without a delivery address." Not said: "I understand that this might be a Secret..." :D

Nowadays only an idiot would not wear bullet proof (resistant) protection. Obama seems to have a bullet proof suit. That would be sensible

Fair enough. I guess my question becomes why Trump is the only one who looks stupid in one.

It has probably been standard since the attempted assassination of Reagan. But then it may have been standard earlier and Reagan was doing his John Wayne impression.

Nowadays only an idiot would not wear bullet proof (resistant) protection.

Assuming the link is actually true, that "suit" can't be even as good as LevelIII armor, and might be useful in case of an attack by a small caliber handgun. But Secret Service makes sure there is nobody within handgun range in situations such as depicted. It would be redundant and stupid to wear armor that would protect only from someone in such close proximity that the SS would have to be asleep at the wheel to let it happen.

There's no such thing as perfection in keeping out guns.

I'm sure they can scan anyone entering the area. Can they scan for the guy who guessed where an event was going to be held and hid a gun behind the drywall in anticipation of having a shot at him?

There's no such thing as perfection in keeping out guns.

I'm sure they can scan anyone entering the area. Can they scan for the guy who guessed where an event was going to be held and hid a gun behind the drywall in anticipation of having a shot at him?

It would be easier to do as Ziprhead suggests.

Back
Top Bottom