• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trumps scaredy-cat demeanor and his bullet-proof vest

Sounds pretty accurate, given what happened.

Sounds pretty accurate, given what happened.
I've gotta agree. The primary rule of any struggle is to not underestimate the opposition. The Democrats certainly underestimated Trump, actually convincing themselves that he is an inept idiot and they are master strategists. The sad part is that they still are underestimating him. Trump is no fool but they can't admit that he has outsmarted them at every turn and still is doing it primarily because they can't get over believing that anyone who disagrees with them is a fool.

Assuming the link is actually true, that "suit" can't be even as good as LevelIII armor, and might be useful in case of an attack by a small caliber handgun. But Secret Service makes sure there is nobody within handgun range in situations such as depicted. It would be redundant and stupid to wear armor that would protect only from someone in such close proximity that the SS would have to be asleep at the wheel to let it happen.

There's no such thing as perfection in keeping out guns.

I'm sure they can scan anyone entering the area. Can they scan for the guy who guessed where an event was going to be held and hid a gun behind the drywall in anticipation of having a shot at him?

It wouldn't surprise me if they already have used technology better than this for years. Not only that but they're also looking for behaviour that's out of the ordinary, so even if someone did have a weapon they'd likely be able to pick up on someone acting suspiciously. And the thing to keep in mind is that body armor testing is conducted at 15 feet - which is much closer than some random dude would be allowed to be near a president.

And regarding the suit not being Level 3A - Level 2 armor can stop all but the hottest handgun rounds, and at higher distances it only gets more effective.

There's no such thing as perfection in keeping out guns.

I'm sure they can scan anyone entering the area. Can they scan for the guy who guessed where an event was going to be held and hid a gun behind the drywall in anticipation of having a shot at him?

It wouldn't surprise me if they already have used technology better than this for years. Not only that but they're also looking for behaviour that's out of the ordinary, so even if someone did have a weapon they'd likely be able to pick up on someone acting suspiciously. And the thing to keep in mind is that body armor testing is conducted at 15 feet - which is much closer than some random dude would be allowed to be near a president.

And regarding the suit not being Level 3A - Level 2 armor can stop all but the hottest handgun rounds, and at higher distances it only gets more effective.

So.... it's effective against your garden variety nutbar trying get his name in the papers. Against any well thought-out malicious plan, not so much...

Exactly: The Coyote thinks he's smart, but always ends up hurting himself with his overly complicated plans, but never seems to learn or change. The roadrunner, by contrast, wins by being simple, direct, very good at one particular thing, and always doing that one thing.

Did the Coyote ever try simply spreading grease on the road? Maybe next to a hairpin turn and a rockfield which would make a nasty fall?

Exactly: The Coyote thinks he's smart, but always ends up hurting himself with his overly complicated plans, but never seems to learn or change. The roadrunner, by contrast, wins by being simple, direct, very good at one particular thing, and always doing that one thing.

Did the Coyote ever try simply spreading grease on the road? Maybe next to a hairpin turn and a rockfield which would make a nasty fall?
If he did, the roadrunner wouldn't have slipped and would have continued across with no trouble. The Coyote would have followed suit, slipped and fell to his doom... again.

As far as Trump, he is a very hated person, of course he has protection.

So.... it's effective against your garden variety nutbar trying get his name in the papers. Against any well thought-out malicious plan, not so much...

Yup. All the Secret Service really can do is stop the nutjobs. Generally that's enough as intelligent people rarely try to assassinate presidents.

Yup. All the Secret Service really can do is stop the nutjobs. Generally that's enough as intelligent people rarely try to assassinate presidents.
I think you are underestimating the Secret Service. They do a lot more than watch the crowd for the nutjobs. There is a lot of site checks and preparation done before the President shows up. Possible sites for a sniper are controlled and bomb searches done plus much more. ISIS has some damn smart people in positions of authority and they would surely love to take out the President. I suspect that the Secret Service has foiled their plans (likely a few times) but have not let it be known publicly.

I think you are underestimating the Secret Service. They do a lot more than watch the crowd for the nutjobs. There is a lot of site checks and preparation done before the President shows up. Possible sites for a sniper are controlled and bomb searches done plus much more. ISIS has some damn smart people in positions of authority and they would surely love to take out the President. I suspect that the Secret Service has foiled their plans but have not let it be known publicly.

I'm not a bit sure they'd want to take out Trump. He's promising to give them what they want.

I think you are underestimating the Secret Service. They do a lot more than watch the crowd for the nutjobs. There is a lot of site checks and preparation done before the President shows up. Possible sites for a sniper are controlled and bomb searches done plus much more. ISIS has some damn smart people in positions of authority and they would surely love to take out the President. I suspect that the Secret Service has foiled their plans (likely a few times) but have not let it be known publicly.

While they have some smart people in charge how many skilled people do they have available for high risk missions?

And I'm not at all sure they would even want to take out the President. That might provoke too much of a reaction.

While they have some smart people in charge how many skilled people do they have available for high risk missions?
How many people does it take to pull a trigger or dial a phone to set off a bomb after everything was set up by people who knew what they were doing?
And I'm not at all sure they would even want to take out the President. That might provoke too much of a reaction.
And bringing down the World Trade Center wasn't provocative? Their first try in 1993 to destabilize the foundations with a bomb didn't work so they used airplanes the second time. Do you really think an attempt on the President would be more provocative? After all we are busy taking out their leadership with drones aren't we?

Last edited:

If he did, the roadrunner wouldn't have slipped and would have continued across with no trouble. The Coyote would have followed suit, slipped and fell to his doom... again.

As far as Trump, he is a very hated person, of course he has protection.

Yeah, like the time he painted a tunnel on a rock, and the roadrunner simply went through the rock as if the tunnel was actually there. Wile E. Coyote tries the same and runs right into a rock wall.

As for Trump, Pence being VP is reason enough to make sure he survives until he can be defeated in 2020 or term limited in 2024.

Nope... he did glue once, but the roadrunner just plowed right through it and caused the glue to lift off the road in a tidal wave, covering the coyote and preventing him from throwing the lit stick of dynamite he was holding in his hand..

by the way, "the coyote" has a business card and title... it reads:

Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius.

Ah.. here it is:

10227056515_8cb331b0c9.jpg

Nope... he did glue once, but the roadrunner just plowed right through it and caused the glue to lift off the road in a tidal wave, covering the coyote and preventing him from throwing the lit stick of dynamite he was holding in his hand..

He did try Acme grease once, got run over by the box truck with the meep-keep horn, then the roadrunner passed by him like a graceful ice-skater sliding across the grease.

Or a safe.

... because Trump owns Acme co.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone really wanted to hurt Trump, all they'd have to do is paint a fake tunnel on the side of a mountain.

another Acme reference! where are these coming from??
Well, you can probably get a safe through a checkpoint.

Secret Service: What is that thing for?
Person: My valuables.
Secret Service: Ok, you are good to go.
Person: Hee hee!
Secret Service: Huh?
Person: Nothing!

He did try Acme grease once, got run over by the box truck with the meep-keep horn, then the roadrunner passed by him like a graceful ice-skater sliding across the grease.
It is depressing! Donald Trump is the fucking Road Runner and the media and Democrat Party are Wyle E. Coyote. Despite the absolute impossibility of succeeding how he did... he fucking succeeded. He ran straight through a picture of a tunnel in the mountain. No one else has ever come close to doing what he did, how he did it.

The political landscape in America has become so farcical, it is a bloody cartoon!

It is depressing! Donald Trump is the fucking Road Runner and the media and Democrat Party are Wyle E. Coyote. Despite the absolute impossibility of succeeding how he did... he fucking succeeded. He ran straight through a picture of a tunnel in the mountain. No one else has ever come close to doing what he did, how he did it.

The political landscape in America has become so farcical, it is a bloody cartoon!

The good news is in regard to the Space program. We will soon be able to launch spacecraft from the invisible platform that holds up Wiley Coyote for 2-3 seconds before he plummets to earth...

Back
Top Bottom