• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tucker Carlson visits home base

Putin tells Tucker Carlson Russia can’t be defeated in Ukraine | News | Al Jazeera - "Russian leader says deal to free Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich possible if ‘reciprocal steps’ taken."
In a high-profile interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, Putin repeated his claim that invading Ukraine was necessary to stop the country from threatening Russia by joining NATO, denied that he had territorial ambitions across Europe, and insisted he would only send troops into neighbouring countries if attacked first.

During a two-hour interview that saw Putin talk at length about the history of Eastern Europe and Russia, the Russian leader said that his government was in contact with the United States and that a peaceful resolution to the war would only be possible if Washington stopped supplying weapons to Ukraine.

“I will tell you what we are saying on this matter and what we are conveying to the US leadership,” Putin said. “If you really want to stop fighting, you need to stop supplying weapons. It will be over within a few weeks, that’s it, and then we can agree on some terms. Before you do that, stop.”

Putin Nearly Bores Tucker Carlson to Death With Two-Hour History Lesson

TC: “Putin went on for a very long time, probably half an hour, about the history of Russia going back to the eighth century. We thought this was a filibustering technique and found it annoying and interrupted him several times, and he responded. He was annoyed by the interruption.” and “Vladimir Putin believes that Russia has a historic claim to parts of western Ukraine. So our opinion would be to view it in that light, as a sincere expression of what he thinks.”

When TC seemed unfamiliar with basic details of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, VP: “Are we having a talk show or a serious conversation?”

After VP gave a long history lesson, TC: “I’m not sure why it’s relevant to what happened two years ago.” Then, “But may I ask, you’re making the case that Ukraine, certainly parts of Ukraine, eastern Ukraine is in effect Russia—has been for hundreds of years. Why wouldn’t you just take it when you became president 24 years ago? You have nuclear weapons. They don’t. It’s actually your land. Why did you wait so long?”

VP gave another long history lesson, going all the way back to 1654. TC: “Do you believe Hungary has a right to take its land back from Ukraine, and that other nations have a right to go back to their 1654 borders?”

VP disagreed, and TC: “Have you told Viktor Orbán that he can have part of Ukraine?”

VP: “Never. I have never told him. Not a single time.”

In the interview, VP claimed that Russia wanted to join NATO but was rejected. He blamed the US for Ukraine rebelling against pro-Russian presidents, and provoking Russia's invasion of Ukraine with military actions.

TC: “Who blew up Nord Stream?”
VP: “You for sure.”
TC: “I was busy that day. I did not blow up Nord Stream. Thank you though.”
VP blamed the CIA.

TC seemed fixated on the notion that NATO expansion provoked Russia's invasion of Ukraine. VP responded with another long speech, saying “No one listens to us.”

Toward the end, VP claimed that Russians and Ukrainians will eventually be “reunited” -- “No one will be able to separate the soul.”

I hear Tuck went over to locate Zoya and Zlata, the two Russkie whores who pissed all over Trump. This will give him some leverage over Orangey. He can either have the gals tell their stories on his streaming services, or offer them $100G receptionist jobs to keep their Commie whore mouths shut. Or, excuse me, Commie sex worker mouths.
" Zlata" is not a russian name.
Then you also have a problem with Hoda Kotb being an Oklahoman.

So it was reported that Tucker Carlson Putin Interview reached 50 mil views in 5 hours with ~500K likes :)
So much for your "Tucker who?"

When you consider the population of Republicans and Russians, this is small. Should go way up. I'll probably take a look, too, so you have to also include the wtf crowd.

So it was reported that Tucker Carlson Putin Interview reached 50 mil views in 5 hours with ~500K likes :)

When you consider the population of Republicans and Russians, this is small. Should go way up. I'll probably take a look, too, so you have to also include the wtf crowd.
Twitter is blocked in Russia. Russians don't really speak english and really don't know who Tucker is.
Sorry man, it's 50 mil views from US. This interview is for american public.

I hear Tuck went over to locate Zoya and Zlata, the two Russkie whores who pissed all over Trump. This will give him some leverage over Orangey. He can either have the gals tell their stories on his streaming services, or offer them $100G receptionist jobs to keep their Commie whore mouths shut. Or, excuse me, Commie sex worker mouths.
" Zlata" is not a russian name.
Then you also have a problem with Hoda Kotb being an Oklahoman.
No, I don't have a problem.

Twitter is blocked in Russia. Russians don't really speak english and really don't know who Tucker is.

Only old people don't know that a proper VPN can bypass any block and that google translate removes barriers even with its failure to capture the nuances and subtleties of natural language.

Only old people don't know that a proper VPN can bypass any block and that google translate removes barriers even with its failure to capture the nuances and subtleties of natural language.
Fortunately, young people are not interested in politics.
VPNs are about to be blocked in Russia too. Don't know how successful they will be. I hope not very.

If the rest of that interview is similar, I might just ditch my plans for a so-called 'free' comedy night (where the drinks cost to much for laughs) and make a beeline for the liquor store instead. Seems like Tucker's where my real entertainment will be tonight.

Sounds like you need a drinking game. Take a shot every time:
1. You see Carlson's brow furrowed, the wrinkle forming between his eyebrows,...
2. You hear Putin mention a date prior to 1700.

How far back might one go in looking back in history?

I'd have to endure that entire interview to find out how far back VP goes, but I'm guessing the Kievan Rus (880 - 1240 CE), when Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine were indeed united. But Kievan Rus's capital was in Kiev, not Moscow, making Muscovites like VP Vanyas-come-lately. (Vanya is a diminutive of Ivan)

Proto-Slavic language - its speakers likely lived in  Polesia - E Poland, SW Belarus, NW Ukraine. They split up in the decades around 500 CE, going westward, southwestward, and southeastward, much like Germanic speakers, Magyars, Turkic speakers, and other  Migration Period wandering "barbarians".

But I don't think that Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Slovenes, Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, Macedonians, and Bulgarians would want to be united under some Greater Slavic Sate headed by Vladimir Putin.

It would make almost as much sense as reuniting the Roman Empire. If one counts only speakers of descendants of its language, Latin, that would be France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Romania. A complete list would include England in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, W Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, N Macedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Armenia, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and bits of some other countries, like Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Saudi Arabia.

Proto-Balto-Slavic language - its speakers likely lived just north of Polesia, around 1500 BCE.

Would include Lithuanians and Latvians.

Proto-Indo-European language - its speakers lived in what's now Ukraine and nearby around 4000 - 3000 BCE, spreading outward from there. The first to depart ended up in central Turkey as Anatolian speakers, the next ones in the Tarim Basin as Tocharian speakers, and the major departure was to the north, spreading east and west as the  Corded Ware culture

Yes, Tucker Carlson's and Vladimir Putin's native languages have a common ancestor that was spoken in Ukraine about 6000 - 5000 years ago.

Uniting all Indo-European speakers would be even worse than reuniting the Roman Empire. That's nearly everybody in the Americas, Europe, N Asia, and S Asia.

What might be a good capital for this super nation? Kiev?

It's hard to go much further with linguistic detective work, let alone identify homelands.

I'll look at something else: the spread of agriculture, the  Neolithic Revolution - in many cases, it involved farmers moving in and outbreeding or assimilating the existing populations.

The first farmers were in the Fertile Crescent, starting at the beginning of the Holocene Epoch, nearly 12,000 years ago. They spread outward to Europe, the rest of the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia. Their descendants are essentially all of the  Caucasian race and they show up as a cluster in  Human genetic clustering

Uniting all of them is like uniting the Roman Empire and Indo-European speakers together. What would be a good capital? Jericho? That's a good candidate for the oldest city in the world, if nothing else.

Looking further,  Early human migrations - there was some population that went northward from India and the Middle East around 50,000 years ago, then spreading over most of Eurasia and the Americas and later returning to the Middle East and North Africa. According to Michael Witzel, this northward population then developed "Laurasian" mythologies, distinct from "Gondwanan" ones of the people that they departed from.

That means covering all but sub-Saharan Africa, the Andaman Islands, Papua New Guinea, and Australia.

Looking back even further, to the first successful departure of our species from Africa around 70,000 years ago, one finds a split between there and the rest of humanity.

Even further, about 100,000 years ago, there was a split between the Khoisan speakers of southern Africa and all the rest of humanity.

Where our species emerged from an earlier one is likely in eastern to southern Africa. Should we move the United Nations to Nairobi? Johannesburg?

Indo-European ancestry? Count from one to ten.

Tucker Carlson:
One /wän/, two /tû/, three /Trî/, four /for/, five /faiv/, six /siks/, seven /sevän/, eight /eit/, nine /nain/, ten /tin/

Vladimir Putin:
Odin, dva, tri, chetyre, pyat', shest', sem', vosem', devyat', desyat'

All of them are descended from a language from 5,000 years ago, though both sets are very mangled, from a lot of tomayto vs. tomahto.

Back
Top Bottom