• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Undecided Voters - a new view

Care to put a number on 'many'? More than 10, 100, 1000? Population of Minneapolis metro area is 3,640,000; Population of Minnesota is 5,640,000. Rural areas need not worry. One in forty, 400, 4000, 40k, 400k, in Minneapolis metro also seems insignificant. Hell your president thinks 230 k dead is doing a good job.

And even that number causes a lot of trouble. For example the Somali who stabbed people at the St. Cloud Mall or all the Somalis joining Al Shabab and ISIS.

And it's not all about raw numbers but about the trendline, which in this case is exponential.
Given that an average Somali woman has 5.5 children, that is more than doubling of the population every generation. And Biden will almost certainly significantly increase the number of so-called "refugees" (that word has become proxy for "Muslim" over the last couple of decades) admitted to the US.

The Bernie/AOC wing of the Democratic Party is wielding a lot of influence in the Biden task forces for example.

Wow. Declarations by Biden rejecting both Green and Medicare for all not having it in his published plans, leads you to believe he's going to accept them?

You've slurped up that FAUX Lemonade. You're delusional.

What I was referring to:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to co-chair Biden-Sanders campaign climate task force

CNN lemonade, not Faux lemonade. :)

Far-left Democrat n.

A politician in the USA whose positions are at the centre-right of the global political spectrum.

Characterised by such extreme policies as provision of similar levels of healthcare access to ordinary citizens as those found everywhere else in the OECD; and supporting smaller tax cuts (particularly for the hyper-wealthy) than those supported by their mainstream colleagues.

A source of abject terror amongst rural Americans who would be the greatest beneficiaries of their policies, were they ever enacted. This terror apparently stemming from the belief that there's a genuine risk that these poor rural individuals might be billionaires at that future date, and thereby miss out on these slightly lower marginal tax rates.

You don't really know or understand rural Americans.

I'd say this is pretty accurate, actually. What do you think it misses?
IMO, the source of "abject terror amongst rural Americans" is not economics, but cultural: they fear losing their way of life. I live in a medium-sized town for Mn (about 30,000) in a rural area. My congressional district spans the width of southern Minnesota. I see it all the time. The rural America they grew up in and know is disappearing. Their towns are slowly dying - their children tend to move away to more culturally enriched areas (maybe towns where there movie theaters or where there is more than zero or one ethnic restaurants or one music venue).

Having lived portions of my life in both suburban and rural settings, I think it's also true that people who labor manually for their income more fiercely want to hold on to what they've earned. In many instances, folks in rural America are born into their employment. When that employment is gone, there is little if anything else to turn to. Moreover, their employment and home are oftentimes one and the same. When the employment goes, the house and property may be difficult if not near impossible to sell. There is a much higher fear factor here. Urban/suburban people who lose a job even after many years of service can find another job and another home if need be. Life is not so precarious.
As far as who wants to be a billionaire, I can't imagine this demographic has much to do with it. I'd be more inclined to look toward lottery sales.

The Bernie/AOC wing of the Democratic Party is wielding a lot of influence in the Biden task forces for example.

Wow. Declarations by Biden rejecting both Green and Medicare for all not having it in his published plans, leads you to believe he's going to accept them?

You've slurped up that FAUX Lemonade. You're delusional.

... and water is wet...
:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom