• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US Army defends Arlington cemetery employee pushed during Trump visit

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic

The incident occurred when he went to Section 60 of the cemetery, where troops are buried and which is considered hallowed ground in the military. Federal law and Pentagon policies do not allow political activities in that section of the cemetery, but videos were taken by Trump’s campaign and used in advertisements.

“An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside,” the army statement said. “This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the ANC employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked,” it added.

Speaking before a crowd in the battleground state of Wisconsin for a fourth time Wednesday night, the Republican vice presidential pick attempted, once again, to brush off Donald Trump’s Arlington National Cemetery debacle. According to Vance, Trump was wrongly booted from the military burial ground, since it wasn’t as if he was filming a “TV commercial at a gravesite.”

Until I see someone get arrested it appears that federal law does allow political activities in that section.

An unenforced law is no law at all.
Trump is a serial abuser of privilege.
Doesn’t have to be Trump. Why not arrest the photographers and videographers?

“Prohibited”. They keep using that word. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

Until I see someone get arrested it appears that federal law does allow political activities in that section.

“Prohibited”. They keep using that word. I don’t think it means what they think it means.
Trump carries a large umbrella. Sometimes it keeps those under it dry (Arlington Cemetary), sometimes it doesn't (his rioters).

Trump carries a large umbrella. Sometimes it keeps those under it dry (Arlington Cemetary), sometimes it doesn't (his rioters).
Doesn’t give much confidence that the Army would push back if he becomes President.

A60634.jpg

It will always be an enigma, that our religous righties swarm around this dirty-minded, foul-mouthed philanderer. But then consider the present and former members of the armed services who support him, going all the way back to the disgraceful things he said about John McCain, followed by a well-known series of dismissive and disrespectful comments about veterans -- and this from a draft dodger. And now this, where he uses Arlington as a campaign video set. Will they never see through him? What is missing in these people?

It will always be an enigma, that our religous righties swarm around this dirty-minded, foul-mouthed philanderer. But then consider the present and former members of the armed services who support him, going all the way back to the disgraceful things he said about John McCain, followed by a well-known series of dismissive and disrespectful comments about veterans -- and this from a draft dodger. And now this, where he uses Arlington as a campaign video set. Will they never see through him? What is missing in these people?
Trump himself answered this question years ago in a rare moment of honesty. These people are just like him he said, but poorer.

Back
Top Bottom