• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US science teacher arrested for vaccinating a 17 year old

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
A New York school teacher with no formal medical qualification has been arrested for allegedly giving a Covid vaccine to a student, say officials.

Police say Laura Russo administered the dose at her home despite having no legal authorisation to give jabs, or consent from the boy's parents.

Injections can be dangerous if administered incorrectly. Doctors and licensed medical workers have to verify that a vaccine is not counterfeit or expired. Patients should also be asked about their medical history and have their reaction monitored after a jab.

NOT cool.

It wasn't against anyone's will, but we educate and train people to do this sort of stuff for a reason. Sure, being a Biology teacher means they are smart about biology. But that doesn't make them a nurse, pharmacist, or doctor.

Not cool, indeed. Totally stupid.

She could have just driven the boy to a vaccine center.

How did she get access to the vaccine and the administration supplies? And was it stored properly.

Not cool, indeed. Totally stupid.

She could have just driven the boy to a vaccine center.

How did she get access to the vaccine and the administration supplies?
Still under investigation. I'm curious about that, too.

Saw that. Bizarre story. I'm trying to reserve judgement until more facts emerge, such as how the heck this happened.

It was drummed into us when I worked in the lab that anyone caught doing a needlestick on someone without a Dr.s order could be charged with assault and battery.

That displays a complete lack of common sense on the teacher's part. This student was old enough to consent if she had taken him to a vaccine center.

I would not want to be the person who provided her with the means to do this. They have to be a licensed professional of some kind, and this could cost them their license to practice.

Ruth

That displays a complete lack of common sense on the teacher's part. This student was old enough to consent if she had taken him to a vaccine center.

Which strongly suggests that this was done over the parent's expressed wishes.
But that doesn't explain why he told them about it.

This whole thing doesn't make sense. I'm sure that there's back story here not covered by the media accounts.
Tom

My son tested positive for C19.
He had flu-like symptoms last week.
Wife and i had flu-like symptoms last week.
He cannot go back to selling wacky tobacky until he tests negative.
We... Hmmm.
The company wants us to isolate for two weeks starting at the end of our symptoms. But, also for two weeks after our SON'S two weeks after last symptoms.
If at any time in those four weeks (one if which has already passed), a doc says we're good to go, i can go back to the plant, but must mask at all times until the four week period is up.
I, uh, i already mask at all times in the building. Pretty much from getting out of my car until i start it again.
And she works from home.

The nearest test site has scheduled us for 13 Jan.
The nearest no-appt.site is an hour to the east.

Working from home, the only real change is i cannot access the safe for anyone. Everyone is scrambling to remember where they DID NOT WRITE DOWN the combination.

I swear if someone sent what Keith&Co. just wrote to me on a notepad and asked who on IIDB do you think wrote this, I'd say none.

Which strongly suggests that this was done over the parent's expressed wishes.
But that doesn't explain why he told them about it.

This whole thing doesn't make sense. I'm sure that there's back story here not covered by the media accounts.
Tom

Yeah, I'm on the none of this makes sense train and plan to get off at the stop closest to the truth.

Edit: For Example, how TF did she get the vaccine? With the demand for it, you'd think they ain't handing them out for recreation right now.

Gospel said:

Yeah, I'm on the none of this makes sense train and plan to get off at the stop closest to the truth.

Edit: For Example, how TF did she get the vaccine? With the demand for it, you'd think they ain't handing them out for recreation right now.

I'm mainly curious about that, too. But as for why the kid told his parents, if we find out the answer to that at all, I'd bet my last dollar it was because his parents are anti-vax and being a teenager he wanted to trigger them.

I would not want to be the person who provided her with the means to do this. They have to be a licensed professional of some kind, and this could cost them their license to practice.

Ruth

Some states require parental consent.

Back
Top Bottom