• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Victory Day in Russia (and Ukraine?)

Putin compared Ukraine to the Great Patriotic War as Russians call WWII. He had to invade Ukraine because togeter with the west it was an immediate existential nuclear treat to Russia.

He did seem through the translator to back off on Ukraine and say Russia's goal was to sieze the border region to prevent invasion of Russia and Crimea.

He had to invade Ukraine because togeter with the west it was an immediate existential nuclear treat to Russia.

Nobody was ever going to launch a nuclear attack against Russia. What an absolutely idiotic excuse.

The quetion is he just an ignorant man like Trump who became presdent more by accident than be design, or is actualy acting to a coherent plan.

I am thinking like Trump Putin is simply not up to the job. Not capable of leadership.

The quetion is he just an ignorant man like Trump who became presdent more by accident than be design, or is actualy acting to a coherent plan.

I am thinking like Trump Putin is simply not up to the job. Not capable of leadership.
Heh, have yeah seen the current guy?

Heh, have yeah seen the current guy?
I have. He's doing such a good job reporters are complaining that he is boring (translation: unable to make some serious bank by writing a book on how shit his Administration is unlike former guy).

I mean, the best partisan cunts can do to smear Biden is point out his son had a laptop. Whoop de fucking do.

The photo of Putin watching the parade makes him look like Franklin Roosevelt at the Yalta conference.

• Haha
Reactions: SLD
I think in hs mind Putin craves being seen as a peer to America militarily and economically.

Putin and Russia has an inferiority complex, with understandable cause. They are their own worse enemy.

Reactions: SLD
I don't think it matters what Putin says tomorrow, after what Zelenski said today.

I watched Putin's speech first. It was somewhat lackluster, and his big celebration was reportedly about a third the size that it was last year. There was nothing in his speech that sounded inspiring. It was mediocre, and he promised nothing to his people other than a war that will drag on with no clear exit strategy.

Zelensky's speech was utterly mesmerizing. I am still studying Urkainian, and his accent is said to be less than perfect. Nevertheless, it came off to me as near poetry. This man is truly a great orator. Having watched his TV series, I know that he is a competent actor, but he really stands out now as Ukraine's Churchill in terms of soaring rhetoric aimed at rallying his people to their national defense. In this video, he skillfully interweaves the history and images of WWII with the modern attack on Ukraine--comparing what happened to the Allied nations in Europe with attacks on Ukrainian cities. Obviously, he had a competent production team and writers behind this. A lot of effort was put into crafting this message. However, it required someone with great oratorical skill to pull it off the way he did.

Back
Top Bottom