• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Victory for Islamic Hatred of ... Well, Everything

JonA

Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Theism
As a backwards highly-conservative and fundamentalist rape cult of oppression, it is no secret that Islam hates pretty much anything involving happiness, joy, love or their expression.

Now, in an ongoing contest to see which members of the pathetic left can suck the best Muslim dick, St. Paul school principal Scott Masini has taken the prize with his stance to enforce a ban on Valentine's Day celebrations in his classrooms:

Say Goodbye to St. Paul School Valentine's Parties - Prioneer Press

St. Paul School Kisses Valentine's Day, Other 'Dominant Holidays,' Goodbye from Star Tribune:

With Valentine’s Day a little more than two weeks away, Masini noted, "I have come to the difficult decision to discontinue the celebration of the dominant holidays until we can come to a better understanding of how the dominant view will suppress someone else’s view."

Why does the West continue to bow to the demands of intolerance in the name of Islamophilia?

And, will it continue to do so until all aspects of the tolerance, liberties, and freedoms that make the West what it is are eroded into a great and oppressive theocratic pillar of Islamic rule?

Such self-destructive behavior certainly cannot go on forever. At some point folks fight back and douse the attack on such fundamental values as Western freedom; either that or everything is destroyed and the fuel burned in the furnace of hate is spent and the flames finally die. Let's hope it isn't the latter.

Dude, in my area, Valentine Day's school parties have been passe for some time, and their demise had nothing to do with Islam.

As a backwards highly-conservative and fundamentalist rape cult of oppression, it is no secret that Islam hates pretty much anything involving happiness, joy, love or their expression.

Now, in an ongoing contest to see which members of the pathetic left can suck the best Muslim dick, St. Paul school principal Scott Masini has taken the prize with his stance to enforce a ban on Valentine's Day celebrations in his classrooms:

St. Paul School Kisses Valentine's Day, Other 'Dominant Holidays,' Goodbye from Star Tribune:

With Valentine’s Day a little more than two weeks away, Masini noted, "I have come to the difficult decision to discontinue the celebration of the dominant holidays until we can come to a better understanding of how the dominant view will suppress someone else’s view."

Why does the West continue to bow to the demands of intolerance in the name of Islamophilia?

And, will it continue to do so until all aspects of the tolerance, liberties, and freedoms that make the West what it is are eroded into a great and oppressive theocratic pillar of Islamic rule?

Such self-destructive behavior certainly cannot go on forever. At some point folks fight back and douse the attack on such fundamental values as Western freedom; either that or everything is destroyed and the fuel burned in the furnace of hate is spent and the flames finally die. Let's hope it isn't the latter.
Well, that's one way to keep religion firmly in the classroom.

Due to Iraq war, we're not suppose to say anything about Islamic intolerance.

What makes you think this has anything to do with Islam?

This looks more like a ham fisted attempt by a clueless administrator to appear culturally sensitive, although there may be deeper reasons specific to this particular school district. But the article makes no mention of Islam at all, and we don't even know for sure the school has any Muslim students.

The actual article says:
According to the latest state demographic data, the student body at Bruce Vento school is 52.3 percent Asian/Pacific Islander, 35.4 percent black, 6.9 percent Hispanic, 4.3 percent white and 1 percent American Indian/Alaskan Native. More than half the students are learning English as a second language, data show.
I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing this school serves a neighborhood that in most cities would be called "Chinatown" and most of its students are immigrants who either have no idea what valentines day is, don't celebrate it at home, or don't want to have to bring in treats for a holiday they don't understand.

Such self-destructive behavior certainly cannot go on forever...
Truly, failing to celebrate valentines day in school classrooms is going to be the downfall of western civilization!

I'm happy with schools celebrating Valentine's day as long as they give equal time to Steak and Blowjob day.

I'm happy with schools celebrating Valentine's day as long as they give equal time to Steak and Blowjob day.

That's the fast track to Sharia Law, my friend. Why do you insist on bowing down to the demands of Islamophilia?

I'm angry. Think I'll go have a steak...

There is nothing in the article that suggests this is based on Islam or the avoidance of offending Moslems, which suggests the OP's claims are fact-free. In fact, the OP seems to ignore the contents of its own link:
For at least eight years, district policy has directed schools to eliminate “programs and festivities arranged to celebrate holidays and other special days.” But many principals and teachers either ignored or were unaware of the policy.

Yeah, I don't see that its strictly due to Islam, but multi-culturalism in general. Also, each holiday, when you parse it down, is loaded with micro-aggressions to some oppressed (i.e. non cis white male) group. Perhaps they saw that Valentine's Day was a micro-aggression to asexual kids, and there was no budget available to create a "safe space" for these kids, away from the cis & trans hetero/homosexual students.

Well, at least we still have Arbor Day. That is, until someone finds a reason to be offended by trees.

Trees killed my father when they jumped out infront of his car while he was driving home from a bar after a night of heavy drinking. Fuck people who celebrate trees. :mad:

Yeah, I don't see that its strictly due to Islam, but multi-culturalism in general. Also, each holiday, when you parse it down, is loaded with micro-aggressions to some oppressed (i.e. non cis white male) group. Perhaps they saw that Valentine's Day was a micro-aggression to asexual kids, and there was no budget available to create a "safe space" for these kids, away from the cis & trans hetero/homosexual students.

Well, at least we still have Arbor Day. That is, until someone finds a reason to be offended by trees.

Well, trees are part of nature, after all, and for Abrahamic religions, nature is to be feared, abhorred, and/or beaten into submission. Trees are also reminiscent of tree hugging hippies, and so even non-religious conservatives might also be offended by trees.

Then, of course, there's all those people whose families were killed and crops burned by rogue trees. I'm sure they hate trees with a passion. It would be understandable.

Trees killed my father when they jumped out infront of his car while he was driving home from a bar after a night of heavy drinking. Fuck people who celebrate trees. :mad:

Sorry about your father. I'm glad to see you blamed the tree for his death, and not himself. I hate to see victim blaming. Still, I vote for keeping Arbor Day.

The quoted article for this thread mentions nothing about religion.

In the first instance this is an elementary school. Some parents may think this is a bit premature for children of that age. It mentions the majority are non white but does not mention Muslim or any other group.

See

http://www.startribune.com/st-paul-school-pulls-plug-on-celebrating-dominant-holidays/366834081/

Celebrations of Valentine’s Day and the other “dominant holidays” are ending at one St. Paul elementary school, according to a letter from the principal addressed to families.

Principal Scott Masini of Bruce Vento Elementary School, whose student body is overwhelmingly nonwhite, explained in the letter that “my personal feeling is we need to find a way to honor and engage in holidays that are inclusive of our student population.”

School board policy regarding holidays, last revised in 2008, says that schools “shall discourage lavish programs and festivities arranged to celebrate holidays and other special days, and shall strive to eliminate them, if possible except where such observances are required by law.” Those holidays: Washington’s Birthday, Lincoln’s Birthday, Martin Luther King’s Birthday and Veterans Day.

Fuck wizards that animate trees!

So, they're eliminating long standing traditional American holidays in some schools in Minnesota, per the OP, and now this is happening in some New York schools:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/us/new-york-muslim-school-holidays/

(CNN)New York City public schools will now observe two Muslim holidays, officials announced Wednesday, making the district -- the nation's biggest -- one of the few to put Islamic holy days on its calendar.

Under the change announced by New York Mayor Bill de Blasio and city Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina, there will be no class for Eid al-Adha, also known as the Festival of Sacrifice, starting next September 24. Another Muslim holiday, Eid al-Fitr -- a festival marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan -- will become a holiday for those in summer school starting in 2016.

The frog in the pot is starting to get warm. Anyone want to start a "USA submits voluntarily" thread? :cheeky:

Like most 'long standing traditions' in the western world, it was completely re-invented in the mid 19th century. The Americans spent most of that century trying to distance themselves from their European roots, by inventing 'traditions' to replace the medieval traditions that had been observed since the collapse of the Roman Empire, and which were largely based on Roman traditions; A good example of this 're-invention' is Webster's dictionary, that tried to simplify English to make it more 'modern' and 'efficient'.

The Victorian English then adopted a number of these American 'new traditions', as they sought to distance themselves from the fairly racy old time festivals, and to re-write history as a bucolic affair of benign Kings and Queens, leading to the pinnacle of achievement in civilisation that was Her Imperial Britannic Majesty, and Empress of India, Her Royal Highness Queen Victoria. In pursuit of their goal of establishing the English, and their monarch (and church), as the pinnacle, and long-standing purpose, of history, the Victorians and their transatlantic contemporaries did untold damage to the historical record, committing acts of vandalism upon the truth that would have made George Orwell blush.

Most of the 'ancient' traditions observed by the common people are less than a century old, and almost all are less than two centuries old. The past is a foreign country; and the 19th century is a DMZ that would put Kim Ill Sung to shame. Very little of the real past has been allowed to cross that border; Unless it belonged to the very wealthy and/or powerful.

Back
Top Bottom